- The 5 Best Air Cleaners for Harley 103:
- List of Top-Rated Air Cleaners for Harley 103 Comparison Table:
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- The Air Cleaners for Harley 103 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
- 1. Vance & Hines Naked XL883N VO2 Air Intake 2015-2018 – the best air cleaner for Harley 103
- 2. Arlen Ness 18-560 Big Sucker Stage 1 Air Cleaner Kit with Black Backing Plate for 2008-2013 Harley FLT Touring Models
- 3. K&N RK-3932 Street Metal Series
- 4. Cobra PowrFlo Air Cleaner System Chrome 606-0102
- 5. K&N 63-1125 Harley Davidson Performance Intake Kit
- What is the best air cleaner for a Harley 103?
The Harley 103 is a variant of the twin cam engines produced by Harley Davidson since 1998. These engines are different to the single camshaft Evolution model, that sport an overhead valve which was first released in 1936
The twin cam engines have two cylinders in a V-twin configuration at 45°, they are air-cooled and activate valves with push-rods. The twin cam model uses crankshafts with a single pin and knife and fork arrangement for the connecting rods that are sandwiched between a pair of flywheels.
The 5 Best Air Cleaners for Harley 103:
- Vance & Hines Naked XL883N VO2 Air Intake 2015-2018 – the best air cleaner for Harley 103
- Arlen Ness 18-560 Big Sucker Stage 1 Air Cleaner Kit with Black Backing Plate for 2008-2013 Harley FLT Touring Models
- K&N RK-3932 Street Metal Series
- Cobra PowrFlo Air Cleaner System Chrome 606-0102
- K&N 63-1125 Harley Davidson Performance Intake Kit
List of Top-Rated Air Cleaners for Harley 103 Comparison Table:
|Product Name||Product Image||Year||Shape||More Information|
|1. Vance & Hines Naked XL883N VO2 Air Intake 2015-2018||2015-2018||Round||More Information|
|2. Arlen Ness 18-560 Big Sucker Stage 1 Air Cleaner Kit with Black Backing Plate for 2008-2013 Harley FLT Touring Models||2008-2013||Round||More Information|
|3. K&N RK-3932 Street Metal Series||2012-2017||Ovaloid||More Information|
|4. Cobra PowrFlo Air Cleaner System Chrome 606-0102||2012-2015||Round||More Information|
|5. K&N 63-1125 Harley Davidson Performance Intake Kit||2011-2017||Cone||More Information|
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
We strive to always give you genuine, accurate information. To do this, all of mechanicguides.com reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience. This knowledge comes from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple who has 11 years of experience in the auto industry. For more information, see here.
The Air Cleaners for Harley 103 Reviews & Buyer’s Guide:
1. Vance & Hines Naked XL883N VO2 Air Intake 2015-2018 – the best air cleaner for Harley 103
- For those wanting to keep the stock look, but not necessarily the stock performance
- Vance & Hines now offers its VO2 Air Intake as a high-flow replacement kit
- Designed and manufactured entirely in-house, the VO2 Naked includes a high-flow washable filter element, larger inlet backing plate and billet venturi to get more air in riders motor for more power
- Made in the USA
- Must use Vance & Hines VO2 air cleaner covers
This is the Vance & Hines Naked XL883N VO2 Air Intake for 2015-2018 models.
This model is a classic OEM replacement part, it delivers stock performance and is designed to maintain the original feel and style of the ride.
The dimensions of the Vance & Hines Naked XL883N VO2 Air Intake is such that you can use the original filter cover, or if you prefer, you can purchase a designer version for aftermarket upgrading.
Overall. This is one smart model, it combines performance with design, and it sits perfectly on any XL883N black bike, and there are a number of finishes to choose from to get that special integration you seek with your matt black attack.
- Enhanced Air Flow Over Stock
- Washable High Flow Filter
- Larger Backing Plate
- CNC Machined Venturi
This is a classic stock replacement kit, it delivers exactly what you want, the same perfect HD performance.
- Comes with Pre-oiled filter
- Uses stock air cleaner cover
- Radius air inlet provides maximum performance by providing unobstructed airflow
This is the Arlen Ness Big Sucker™ which is aptly named and has been a popular bestselling kit for a very long time. The Big Sucker™ is a performance upgrade that will increase your torque by 21%, and this is dyno proven.
The Big Sucker™ is designed to deliver maximum airflow continuously to the engine.
This kit is constructed from a one-piece billet backing plate that comes with the Arlen Ness patented hidden breather technology. The breathers come with an o-ring at the heads and exits of the throttle body mouth, this improvement eliminates the use of external hoses or hardware, creating a one flow seamless upgrade.
The backing plates come with a smooth radius air inlet that directs an unobstructed airflow into the engine.
There are two filter media to choose from, the standard red pre-oiled cotton that are washable and reusable, and the washable and reusable black synthetic filter elements which come contained in a stainless-steel jacket. The synthetic filters do not need a rain sock and don’t use oil.
The big sucker might not be a looker, but it’s a top-level performer, so if you want power and performance, this is the model to get. You can always find a fancy cover if you ant that special look to go with a special filter.
- Stage 1 kit
- One-piece aluminum backing plate
- Increase of 21% torque
This is a stage I upgrade kit, and it will kick some extra life into your already super alive Harley.
- High performance engineered
- Discover new levels of driving performance
- Install quickly and easily
This is the K&N’s RK-3932 Street Metal Series High-Flow Air Intake system.
This is K&N’s Street Metal Series High-Flow Air Intake ovaloid filter system. This model is a full stock replacement kit that provides improved airflow performance delivering an increase in torque and a smoother cooler ride.
This model is made from, and an aluminum integrated backing plate, internal-run breather system. It uses the oversized K&N Red cotton gauze media for filtration. The design is stock, which means you get a performance upgrade that looks like a factory product.
- Designed for Harley-Davidson motorcycles
- Increase horsepower and torque
- Easy to install
This is a standard performance improvement model and is designed to deliver a complete stock replacement with a slight increase in torque and throttle reaction.
- Flows better than competing units in large part because of the internal venturi design
- High-flow K&N air filter ensures the best air intake and maximum protection for your engine
- Formed stainless steel mesh insert in the dual entry ports to keep out bugs and debris
- Powder-coated mounting cover
- Aluminum cover available in black or chrome finish
This is the Cobra Powrflo air intake system model 606-0102, using a K&N red cotton filter for 2012-2105 applications.
The Cobra Powerflo comes with a laser cut aluminum cover that Is either black, or chrome finished and had a V-shaped opening. The kit includes a formed stainless-steel mesh with a machined aluminum velocity stack.
The filter is around tapered venturi form K&N pre-oiled red cotton gauze filter. The design is unique, with its polished chrome finish and shield like attributes, this is one comprehensive thought out kit using effective, eye-catching lines with a proven K&N filter.
- Maximum airflow from venturi design
- K&N air filter element
- Laser cut aluminum cover and all the fasteners, seals, backing plate and mounting hardware
- Stainless steel mesh inserts in the dual entry ports
- Available in black or chrome finish
This performance upgrade comes with a unique cover design that adds class as well as engine improvements at the same time. The chrome version stands out with its iconic design.
- Designed to boost horsepower and rate of acceleration
- Can be cleaned and used again
- High air flow with exceptional filtration
- Lasts up to 50, 000 miles before cleaning is required depending on driving conditions
- Works with original equipment manufacturer vehicle electronics
This is the K&N 63-1125 Harley Davidson Performance Intake Kit for 2011-2017 models.
This is another classic K&N model; this is their cone-shaped AirCharger Air Intake model that comes as a full replacement for the stock models. This version comes with a mandrel-bent aluminum intake tube that is designed to provide a significant improvement in airflow; this leads to additional power.
This model comes with a billet aluminum throttle-body mounting plate and a complete set of mounting hardware.
The K&N red cotton gauze pre-oiled filter is washable and reusable and will last up to 100,00 miles in certain conditions. The design is straightforward, so if you want to add some style, you need to consider buying an aftermarket cone-shaped cover that won’t restrict performance but deliver an eye-catching finish.
- Increases horsepower
- Improves throttle response and engine sound
- Black finish aluminum tube
- Washable and reusable air filter
- Not legal for sale or use in California
- Lasts up to 100,000 miles
- Easy to install
If you want to give your ride that special look, this is one of the models to use; it’s a performer in both looks and output.
What is the best air cleaner for a Harley 103?
In May 2009 the first TC103 engine was released, and it came with a 3.875 x 4.375-inch bore and stroke giving a total of 103.2-cu.in., 1690cc. These changes delivered an increase in torque of 6% bringing up to 96-100 lb.-ft. at 3000–3500-rpm.
The 103 was integrated into the 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited models, and later for the 2012 Softail models.
Apart from the Dyna Street Bob® and Dyna Super Glide®, the Custom Twin Cam 103™ engine powers all 2012 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models.
The Twin Cam 103 includes an automatic compression release and has a number of brand badges on the timer cover, derby cover, and air cleaner trim ring.
For 2012, all the Harley-Davidson Softail models were built with the Twin Cam 103. A new reduced-reach handlebar was integrated into the Fat Boy and Fat Boy Lo models which are ergonomically more comfortable. The lower, narrower Fat Boy seat shape places the rider “in the bike” position.
The Twin Cam 103 Harley Davidson® engine is equipped with an air cooler and comes with more stump pulling torque. It also features an Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection system providing a crisp, lively throttle reaction. This model has a lower cruising rpm which reduces vibrations and delivers a smoother ride performance.
The Twin Cam 103 Harley Davidson® engine is a conceptual upgrade that evolved naturally from the previous Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead®, Evolution®, Twin Cam 88®, and Twin Cam 96™ engines.
The lightweight piston design together with the Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission works cohesively to deliver top performance with a smoother ride and faster reaction times.
A Harley Davidson air cleaner comes in a number of designs; the most common and popular is the round configuration, followed by the ovaloid and cone shape. Then there are crafted designs for the effect such as bullet-shaped cones, whatever the design, the air cleaner is no different to that of an air intake kit in a vehicle. It is designed to filter the air into the engine, cleaning it from particulates and maintaining a cool flow for optimized engine performance. Most air cleaner kits are designed slight improvement over stock, while performance upgrades will deliver exceptional improvements for torque.
Upgrading or replacing an air cleaner for your 103 is mandatory, and if you want your engine to remain faithful and long lasting, you will check your filter regularly, replace it when necessary and even when not necessary,y if you think the filter is past its prime, replace it. You don’t need to replace a kit, just the filter element.
Air Filter For 3.5 Ecoboost
Air Filter For 6.0 Powerstroke
Cold Air Intake For 6.7 Cummins
Air Filter For 7.3 Powerstroke
Cold Air Intake For Chevy Silverado 1500
Cold Air Intake For Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Cold Intake For F150 Ecoboost
Cold Air Intake For 6.7 Powerstroke
Air Cleaner For Harley 103
Air Cleaner For Harley Sportster
Cold Air Intake For 5.9 Cummins