We believe that individuality isn’t just for bespoke, one-off cars. If you want your truck to have an interior that’s made for you, the first step to that is by looking at the seats. And there’s no easier way to customize your Dodge Ram 1500 cabin than by adding a set of new seat covers. We take a look at some of the popular choices to help you decide the Best Dodge Ram 1500 Seat Covers.
- Our Recommendations
- Durable: Carhartt SeatSaver Custom Fit Cover
- Leather-like: Fia SL69-40 GREY – Leatherette
- Quick-fix: Gorla Beige Universal Fit Waterproof Seat Cover
- Ready for a splash: Durafit Seat Covers Waterproof Endura
- Neoprene Wonder: CarCovers Custom Fit Driver & Passenger Cover
- Final thoughts on the Best Seat Covers for Dodge Ram 1500
Durable: Carhartt SeatSaver Custom Fit Cover
- Classic Duck-Weave Carhartt fabric for durability
- Custom-made for your specific year, make and model seats
- Headrest and armrest covers are also included (if equipped)
- Easy installation and removal
- Machine washable
Carhartt SeatSaver for Dodge Ram 1500 ticks a lot of boxes; it’s durable, has a water-repellent finish, and most importantly, it’s bound to stand more abuse than your factory seats. These also come with a 3-year warranty and can be cleaned in a washer/dryer at home.
Two colors and double-/triple-stitched seams
Not only does the seat cover look great, but its duck fabric is also durable and is backed by double and triple-stitched seams. There are two colors to choose from (Carhartt Brown and Carhartt Grey; the latter is featured here), whereas a camouflage pattern is available on certain Carhartt models, too.
Depending on the model, it gets headrest and armrest covers, storage pockets, and even stylish rivets to add to the rugged look. The featured product here is only for the front row of seats, and you can order a set for the rear seats separately. To ensure there’s no confusion in the fit (since these are custom-fit for a variety of models and not generic units), we’d suggest you check with the seller about compatibility with your Dodge Ram 1500 model before making the purchase.
What do we like about it?
Good looks, rugged styling, and added durability all work in the SeatSaver’s favor. Unfortunately, the manufacturer hasn’t mentioned if the cover is airbag compatible. Some users have also reported that the product doesn’t include an armrest cover, so if that’s important to you, please verify with the seller before you order. As a product, this is worth a recommendation especially if you have a hairy pet who travels with you.
- Good looks
- Easy to install and maintain
- Airbag compatibility not verified
Leather-like: Fia SL69-40 GREY – Leatherette
- Vehicle tested before engineering approval
- Ease of installation with Super-Grip slip resistant fastening system using quick release buckle fasteners, Velcro and zippers (some applications)
- Light fast, color fast materials will not run or fade and can be hand washed
- Form fit wrap around design - multidirectional stretch trim molds to the contours of the seat
- Center armrest/console covers and head rest covers included (most applications)
Made of leatherette, a leather-like material that protects your Dodge Ram 1500’s chairs, Fia’s seat cover looks great but offers much more than just an improved appearance. It comes with an easy installation system (quick-release buckles), has a no-slip fit, and even has an airbag opening. This model is for the front seats only but is made keeping in mind the 40/20/40 split. So if you’re looking for a cover for front seats with a central armrest or storage compartment, this is one fine choice.
Looks like the original seat, repels water
Fia’s OEM-grade leatherette maintains the looks of the original seat but also has water-repellent fabric, UV protection, and covers for the center armrest/console. The black-with-gray model you see here has a gray-finished center panel whereas the sides are black.
What do we think of it?
Fia’s SL69-40 seat cover is very close to perfection. Not just because it fits well (thanks to its form-fit design) but also because it accounted for the airbag and has other features like its quick-release system. It’s more comfortable as well — it includes extra padding — and to make it even more convenient, it’s washable. A cover for the center armrest is also included. All that’s left to do is to narrow down your choice by picking the style you want and confirming with the seller that it’ll fit your truck model.
- Good fit
- Airbag provision
- Not distinct enough
- WILL NOT STAIN YOUR CAR SEATS LIKE CHEAPER CAR SEAT COVERS: Our neoprene material offers a Universal fit and 100% waterproof / sweatproof protection for your cloth or leather car seats with an upgraded Neoprene material that eliminates staining. Protects interior bucket or bench seat from sweat (after the gym), water, drink spills, pet fur & dander, and daily dirt & grime. Enjoy more peace of mind!
- No-Slip Backing: Unique, ANTI SLIP backing eliminates slipping and bunching like cheap car seat covers. Our car seat protector insures a contoured fit on front or back seats. INTEGRATED STRAPS ensures that your seat cover will not move while you are driving.
- Won't Stick to Skin: Unlike nylon seat protectors, ours won't stick when it's hot or after a workout. Neoprene (used in wet suits) is comfortable to sit on and more durable than towel covers. Simple/effective protection for your driver/passenger seats!
- Bonus Seat Belt Protector Included: Yours FREE with purchase! Handy neoprene seat belt cover protects your auto seat belts from water and sweat! Ideal for after a swim or workouts. Simple and Effective solution for Cars, Trucks and SUVs!
- 100% Lifetime Money-Back Guarantee: We want you to be thrilled with your purchase! That's why we back our waterproof car seat cover with a solid, no-hassle guarantee. Return for ANY REASON, 10 days, 10 months or 10 years from purchase. Simply request return via Amazon and V Team Enterprises will refund the full purchase amount. Buy without risk!
The Gorla Universal Fit Waterproof Seat Cover is a no-frills approach in making the seat resistant to water/dirt. It just slides onto the seat, which means it neither blocks the airbag nor does it get in the way if you like to use the seat’s adjustment buttons. It’s made of neoprene and is backed by a 100 percent money-back guarantee.
Universal fit; additional straps available
Since it’s a universal slip-on fit, it might not fit as closely as custom-fit seats. But the product does come with an integrated buckled strap, and can also be specced with an optional shoulder and seat-base strap for improved/snug fit.
Installing it isn’t difficult or time-consuming, and it can be machine-washed, although the manufacturer recommends hand washing it. Along with the seat cover, a complimentary seat belt cover is included as well.
What do we think of it?
It’s an easy solution to spillage and can help in keeping the seat wear-free for longer. Its universal, one-size-fits-all approach has its advantages (no hindrance to the airbag, electric seat movement) and disadvantages (fit and appearance).
- Universal fit
- Not as snug-fitting as a conventional seat cover
Ready for a splash: Durafit Seat Covers Waterproof Endura
- 2013-2018 Dodge Ram Front 40/20/40 Split Bench Seat, not for 2019 new body style
- Made in Gray Endura, , COVERS ARE ALL GRAY. Full backs pockets
- Opening center console with 3 cupholders, 20 section seat bottom does NOT open
- Side impact airbags in seat. opening panels for side airbag deployment.front seat only
- NOTE: CAMO PICTURED is to show fit, seat covers are GRAY. All gray. Long term protection
Compatible with Dodge Ram 1500 truck seats (model year 2013-2018 for Dodge Ram 1500), the Durafit Endura Cover is waterproof and also covers the opening center console. This seat cover doesn’t block the side-impact airbags.
This cover seems to be a good choice if you value the factory-spec appearance because the design is very clean and the fit is reported by customers to be very good, too. In the case of the center console, the cover fits from the top and bottom, offering full coverage.
What do we think of it?
Durafit Enduro is made for the front seats, makes them water-proof, and covers the entire 40/20/40 bench for a seamless appearance. As a no-nonsense seat cover, we think it does the job well. If you’re planning to use it on a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500, we’d recommend confirming the fit with the seller before placing an order.
- Factory-spec look
- Good fit
- Not exactly stylish
Neoprene Wonder: CarCovers Custom Fit Driver & Passenger Cover
- CarsCover Custom Fit 2017-2018 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Pickup Truck Neoprene Car Front Seat Covers Gray & Black Sides Driver & Passenger Cover
- 6 pc set: 2 Headrest, 2 Backrest, 2 Bottom (Driver & Passenger only)
- Separate Headrests, with Integrated seat airbags
- NOT FIT for Laramie, Laramie Limited, Laramie Longhorn
- Custom Fit following vehicle model list: Express, Limited, Lone Star, Rebel, Outdoorsman, SLT, Sport, ST, SXT, Tradesman
The neoprene-made CarCovers Custom Fit Seat Cover is compatible with select models of the Ram 1500 truck (model years: 2017-2018). It’s a six-piece set, which consists of two headrests, two backrests, and two bottoms.
Seat airbags compatible
The product is compatible with seat airbags, and due to its neoprene fabric, it’s bound to repel water as well. The two-tone finish offers a simple look.
What do we think of it?
If you’re after something stylish, you might need to look elsewhere. But it’s said to offer a decent fit — custom fit for Express, Limited, Lon Star, Rebel, Outdoorsman, SLT, Sport, ST, SXT, and Tradesman models.
- Simple appearance
- A bit bland
Final thoughts on the Best Seat Covers for Dodge Ram 1500
The process of choosing a set of seat covers for the Ram 1500 often ends up with you having to either go with one of the universal choices or sway towards the custom-fit models. The former might not offer a great fit while options in the latter aren’t too many. The Carhartt SeatSaver is a great choice if you’re looking to extend the original seat’s life. The CarCovers Custom Fit seat cover is a simple choice that does exactly what it’s supposed to do, which means it’s neither too rugged nor too stylish. If you like the original seats and want to use them without a cover, the Gorla seat cover is a quick fix for scenarios when a seat cover is required (for instance, getting inside the car after the gym, etc.) Fia’s leatherette cover includes the premium look of the OE fitments but offers more protection. Much like the Durafit seat cover, that, on the other hand, has a no-nonsense approach — simpler styling but adequate protection against spillage.
A few things that must be kept in mind while choosing the seat cover are whether there are openings for the airbags, water resistance, custom fit, ability to use with an electric seat, and longevity.