Some people like the factory rake on their Ford F-150, and some don’t. If you’re in the second camp, then it’ll be a relief for you to learn that it’s easy to level the front with the rear of the truck. With that done, not only is the factory rake gone, but the truck also looks more imposing — and let’s say more balanced as well. To do that you can either put on a lift kit that has a leveling spacer at the front or introduce a lift kit (with variable degrees of lift) both at the front and rear. If you’re interested in leveling kits, you’re in luck – let’s find out the best F-150 leveling kit! (A guide to the best lift kits for F150 is coming soon!)
- Our Recommendations
- Inexpensive but the best choice: MotoFab Lifts for Ford F-150 – Best F150 Leveling Kit
- Three inches of lift: Supreme Suspensions Front Leveling Kit
- Design of choice: Rough Country Leveling Strut Extensions
- Another fine choice: Yitamotor Leveling Lift Kit for F-150
- Leveling with shock upgrades: Rough Country 2-inch Leveling kit for F-150
- What is the best leveling kit for Ford F150?
Inexpensive but the best choice: MotoFab Lifts for Ford F-150 – Best F150 Leveling Kit
- Will Raise the front of your truck by a true 2"
- Motofab Lifts are CNC machined out of billet aluminum then powdercoated black to match your factory suspension.
- Can be installed in about 1 1/2-2 hours and does not require strut/coil disassembly like other kits.
- Made In The USA and a Lifetime warranty
- Compatible with F150 2004-2019 2WD & 4WD
With the MotoFab Lifts 2-inch Leveling kit for the Ford F-150, you can level the front of the truck with the rear without spending a lot of money. It’s the simplest way of getting rid of the factory rake, and as results have shown, it’s effective as well. The main drawback to this (like any other leveling or lift product) is that it’s going to affect the way the vehicle handles. But on the plus side, you can fit larger tires, and if you’re looking at changing the suspension, that will just make this a great choice.
CNC machined, high-quality kit
The MotoFab Lifts leveling kit adds 2 inches of lift at the front. And that’s about it. Unlike some substandard products on the market, this leveling kit does exactly what it says on the box. Don’t let its low price fool you into believing that it’s not a high-quality item, because it really is — it’s CNC machined out of billet aluminum. To match the factory suspension, it’s then finished in powder-coated black.
The installation doesn’t require the disassembly of the strut or coil spring, and it takes less than two hours, mentions the brand. It is made in the USA and comes with a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
What do we think of it?
The MotoFab Lifts leveling kit for Ford F-150 is compatible with trucks made with the model years 2004 – 2020. The company further mentions that both the 2WD and 4WD versions can be fitted with this product, although the high-performance Raptor can’t. The package comes with all the necessary hardware and instructions. And the product itself is backed by a lifetime warranty.
Users have mentioned that it removes the rake and doesn’t cause much change in the way the truck drives and the ride quality hasn’t worsened, either. It’s also suggested that you get the alignment done after fitting it. And since the installation has to be perfect, ask for help if you’re facing an issue.
- Made of aluminum
- Not expensive
Three inches of lift: Supreme Suspensions Front Leveling Kit
- COMPATIBLE WITH 2004 - 2020 Ford F-150 (2WD 4WD), 2003 - 2017 Ford Expedition (2WD 4WD) and 2005 - 2008 Lincoln Mark LT (2WD 4WD). *NOTE for Expedition owners: This kit does NOT fit Platinum trim or Models equipped with CCD independent or auto-ride suspension.
- CONTENTS: (2x) T6 Aircraft Billet Aluminum Front Strut Spacers, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 3 inch front suspension leveling lift. Please note that spacer thickness to lift height is NOT a 1:1 ratio. It is recommended that you measure your vehicle ride height before and after to see the full lift amount has been achieved.
- INSTALLATION: Easy bolt-on installation takes 1 to 2 hours without the need for special tools. An alignment is recommended after install.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires.
At a front lift of 3 inches, we’re looking at quite a big change in the appearance of the Ford F-150. This is perfect if you’ve already got air-bag suspension at the rear or if you’re planning to add lift at the rear as well. Without that, a 3-inch lift will look odd, and the truck will have a backward rake especially when towing. You can also opt for a lower/higher lift on this model of Supreme Suspensions lift, but we’re focusing on the 3-inch version here.
Made of aircraft-grade aluminum
The spacers are made of aircraft-grade aluminum and have the advantage of being more resistant to corrosion than conventional parts. Supreme Suspensions also mentions that the strength-to-weight ratio of the product is fairly high. And since it’s made of a single piece of aluminum, it’ll have better performance even under stress.
The package includes two front spacers, Supreme Suspensions pro pack, installation instructions and all the necessary hardware needed for installing the part. It should take around 2 hours for installation, and as other brands and users have mentioned, an alignment is recommended after changing the height of the truck.
What do we think of it?
The Supreme Suspensions front lift kit is compatible with 2004 – 2020 Ford F-150 trucks, but if you’re opting for a lift of 3 inches or above, the compatibility becomes limited to trucks with the model years 2004 – 2009. Check with the seller whether your truck can be fitted with the part or not before making a purchase. The warranty details are missing from the Amazon listing, so we’d suggest dropping a line to the seller about the same as well.
Since this is a 3-inch kit, some users have mentioned that it can be hard on other parts. Keep that in mind. And because installation with such a product can make or break a good ownership experience, if you’re not up for doing it yourself, getting a professional to install it will be a good idea. Having said that, you’ll need to keep in mind the additional labor cost. Users have also commended the product’s build.
Design of choice: Rough Country Leveling Strut Extensions
- Give your F-150 the perfect blend of performance, protection, and style from Rough Country.
- Increase Ground Clearance for on and off-road obstacles
- Levels the Front with the Rear | Maintains Smooth, OEM Like Ride.
- Easy At Home Installation with the support from RC
- Backed by Rough Country's Lifetime Replacement
The Rough Country Leveling Strut Extensions for Ford F-150 is another simple solution to raising the front of the truck without spending a lot of money. This particular model promises to add 2.5 inches of front lift. But if that’s not enough or if you’re looking for a complete upgrade, the strut extensions can be paired with a set of desired shocks. But that also jacks up the price accordingly.
Factory ride quality
Coming back to the product, Rough Country promises that the strut extensions don’t get in the way of the factory-like ride quality. The added lift upfront not only makes the truck look more aggressive, but it also adds a bit of ground clearance enabling the truck to clear larger obstacles off the road. Its installation is said to be easy and can also be done inside your home garage, mentions the brand. Some users have mentioned that it’s good to have someone to help you with this — but you don’t have to head to the local shop to get these fitted.
The design of the spacer is such that it looks like an extension of the strut itself. The pair of spacers is accompanied by the hardware necessary for such an installation. You can find more details about the compatibility below, but Rough Country mentions that this ought to be used with a factory wheel size. The use of wider tires will require offset wheels and/or trimming.
What do we think of it?
The Rough Country Leveling Strut Extensions for Ford F-150 are made for the F-150 trucks with the model years 2004 – 2008 (both 2WD and 4WD versions are compatible). The recommended tire guide states, as mentioned above, that anything apart from the stock tires will need backspacing and offset wheels. So check with the seller if you’re planning to upgrade the tires as well.
As for the warranty, the strut extensions are backed by a limited lifetime warranty. An alignment is said to be necessary after the fitment as well. Users are largely happy with the product, but since the extensions are molded, some users would prefer aluminum.
Another fine choice: Yitamotor Leveling Lift Kit for F-150
- 【IMPORTANT NOTE】Compatible for 2004 - 2018 Ford F150 (2WD/4WD). Not for 2004 Heritage. This kit will raise the front of the truck by 2.5” despite the kit being less than 2.5”. This is due to suspension geometry, and the ratio between lift height and kit thickness is not 1:1.
- 【ADVANTAGES】Eliminates factory rake and perfectly levels the front with the rear of the vehicle. Gives a noticeably aggressive look to your truck. Provides additional fender clearance for larger tires and wheels. Maintains your original ride quality, steering quality and driving comfort.
- 【INCREASED SAFETY】 Machine-manufactured from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum billet, with heat-treated and hardened 10.9 grade pre-installed bolts. The anodized surface provides additional resistance to corrosion. Extraordinarily strong and light compared to spacers made of steel.
- 【SIMPLE INSTALLATION】The kit comes with everything needed for 100% simple bolt-on installation. The process requires no strut pre-loading, cutting, or modifying any factory parts, can be finished within 2 hours.
- 【Full Money Back Guarantee】 We offer a 5 years warranty and full money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with this product or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. 1 .Go to your Amazon account and find the order. 2.Click the seller name (Sold by xx), then you will enter the store page. 3.Click the yellow button "Ask a question" on top right.
The Yitamotor Forged Front Strut Spacers do exactly what a spacer is supposed to do — but with some added strength. The spacer kit is made for use at the front and will bring the truck’s front-end upward by 2.5 inches. If you’re looking for slightly less or more lift, then the same model is also available with 2-inch and 3-inch lift choices as well.
At 2.5 inches of lift, the front rake isn’t present anymore and the truck’s overall stance gets completely changed. Yitamotor reassures that the factory ride quality, steering and driving comfort are untouched. While on the more positive front, the added ground clearance means larger tires can be fitted.
Bolt-on, easy installation
Its installation is said to be easy and quick — the company mentions it can be done within 2 hours. The kit includes the spacers and the necessary hardware required for the upgrade. The good bit about this kit is that you don’t need to cut, trim, or modify factory parts. It’s a 100 percent bolt-on job.
What do we think of it?
The main reason why you’d want to choose this over some of the other similarly priced brands is its construction. The strut spacer is made of aircraft-grade aluminum. That means its strength is expected to be more than those made of plastic. It’s lighter than spacers that are made of steel, and its anodized surface offers great resistance to corrosion.
It’s compatible with Ford F-150 trucks with the model years 2004 – 2018. Check with the seller about the final compatibility. The company also mentions that for trucks with model years 2014 and above, the installation will be slightly different from the earlier ones. There’s a five-year warranty on the product. That’s further backed by a full money-back guarantee.
Users are largely happy with the product, but some have mentioned concerns regarding compatibility and installation. Check with the seller about that to have a worry-free use.
Leveling with shock upgrades: Rough Country 2-inch Leveling kit for F-150
- Give your F-150 the Perfect Blend of Performance, Protection, and Style from Rough Country.
- Unmatched Ground Clearance | V2 Performance Monotube Shock Absorbers | Leads the way, delivering Impeccable Ride Quality and Performance Mile after Mile.
- Maintains Factory Ride Quality. Easy at Home Installation with Support from Rough Country in TN.
- Fabricated blocks are stronger and offer a longer lifespan than cast blocks.
- Backed by Rough Country's Lifetime Replacement Warranty - Shocks/Struts 3 Year Warranty
Adding a lift at the front to level the truck’s stance is a great idea, but if you were looking for something more serious, then the Rough Country 2-inch Leveling Kit with V2 Monotube shocks is the way forward. This setup includes a spacer for the front and V2 shocks for a complementing upgrade at the rear.
Larger tires can be fitted
The spacers at the front will enable the use of up to 33-inch tires. Its composite construction is said to handle rust well. With a 2-inch lift, you’ll be looking at better chances of tackling larger obstacles off the road. The V2 shocks at the rear come with an internal floating high-flow piston. Rough Country says with that, you can enjoy the best-in-class performance both on and off the road.
The factory ride quality is retained, and the shocks upgrade is bound to offer a better setup in comparison to only getting the strut spacers at the front. Having said that, you can choose to go for either the strut spacers/leveling kit (see our earlier Rough Country Leveling Strut Extensions review), spacers with 1-inch lift blocks for the rear, or spacers with N3 shocks.
What do we think of it?
The Rough Country 2-inch leveling kit with V2 shocks is compatible with 2WD and 4WD versions of the Ford F-150 with the model years 2009 – 2020. The 2010 – 2011 Ford F-150 Raptor is compatible as well. We’d suggest you check with the seller about finer compatibility details. Rough Country offers a lifetime replacement warranty on all parts except on shocks/struts. On the latter, the brand has a 3-year warranty.
You’ll need to keep in mind that the spacers at the front are made of composite. And at the price, you might get a few other options if you’re willing to explore. Having said that users are happy with both the spacer and the V2 shocks.
What is the best leveling kit for Ford F150?
Ideally, a good leveling kit is supposed to match the front height of a truck to the rear. With that, you lose the factory rake and give the truck a more aggressive stance. Some kits also allow the use of larger tires. And if you’re looking for a tire upgrade, that can be a good option.
Despite a low price, the MotoFab Lifts looks like a solid choice. It might be simple but it does the job well. The same can be said about the Yitamotor leveling kit and Supreme Suspensions. They offer an overall lift of 2 inches, 2.5 inches, and 3 inches respectively.
Other choices include the Rough Country Leveling Strut Extensions and the Rough Country Leveling kit with V2 shocks. The latter gets a pair of rear shock upgrades, which further complement the lifted front. The said upgrade comes at a price, though.
More Ford F150 Reviews – See our best:
- Cold Air Intake for F150 EcoBoost
- Mud Flaps for F150
- Battery for F150
- Shocks for Ford F150 4×4
- Brake Pads for Ford F150 4×4
- Programmer for 4.6 F150
- Tuners for 5.0 F150
- Tuners for F150 Ecoboost
- Shocks for F150 2WD
- Leveling Kit For 2015 F150 & Lift Kit
- Sounding Exhaust for Ford F-150 EcoBoost
- Tonneau Cover for F-150