We believe one of the simplest ways you can improve both the look and utility of your garage is to throw in a stellar garage cabinet. It’s a staple for anyone who likes to tinker and who really wants to maximize their garage storage space. We’ve researched dozens of garage cabinet reviews and dug deep to find what we consider to be the cream of the crop when it comes to garage storage solutions.
- The 5 Best Garage Cabinets:
- Here are the best garage cabinets ranked and reviewed:
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- Best Garage Cabinets Reviews:
- 1. Goplus 10-piece Garage Storage Cabinet Set – the best garage cabinet
- 2. Prepac Elite Storage Cabinet
- 3. NewAge Products 50417 Bold 3.0 Garage Storage Cabinet Set
- 4. Sterilite 4-Shelf Cabinet
- 5. Suncast Base Storage Cabinet
- 6. Seville Classics Heavy Duty Storage Cabinet UHD16234 – the best metal garage cabinet
- 7. UltraHD Tall Storage Cabinet – UHD16236B Stainless Steel
- 8. Gladiator GAGB28KDYG Ready-to-Assemble 3/4 Door Modular GearBox – the best quality garage cabinets
- 9. Seville Classics UltraHD Rolling Storage Cabinet with Drawers (UHD20225B)
- 10. Gladiator GALG36KDYG Ready-To-Assemble Gearbox Steel Cabinet
- 11. Homak 2 Door Wall Cabinet with 2 Shelves, Steel, GS00727021
- 12. Gladiator GAWG28KDYG Ready-to-Assemble 3/4
- 13. KETER Storage Cabinet
- 14. Tennsco Heavy Gauge Steel Jumbo Storage Cabinet
- 15. Manhattan Comfort 5GMC Fortress Floating Garage Storage Cabinet
- How to install cabinets in the garage
The 5 Best Garage Cabinets:
- Goplus 10-piece Garage Storage Cabinet Set – the best garage cabinet
- Prepac Elite Storage Cabinet
- NewAge Products 50417 Bold 3.0 Garage Storage Cabinet Set
- Sterilite 4-Shelf Cabinet
- Suncast Base Storage Cabinet
Here are the best garage cabinets ranked and reviewed:
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
All the information and opinions you find on Mechanicguides.com come from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple with 11 years of auto industry experience. We look at the latest market research, talk to experts, and draw from our own practical experience to bring you reviews and guides that reflect what you’ll encounter in your garage. For more information about the team, see here.
Best Garage Cabinets Reviews:
1. Goplus 10-piece Garage Storage Cabinet Set – the best garage cabinet
- 【Stable Structure】24-guage steel frame makes the cabinets set more sturdy and durable. Tough bamboo worktop is higher hardness and damp proof. The weight capacity of the locker is up to 820lbs, each wall cabinet can hold 100lbs, 2-door base cabinet can hold 520lbs and the one-drawer two- door cabinet can hold 620lbs.
- 【Large Storage Space】This 10-piece garage cabinets set provides spacious storage space for your garage. It consists of 2 multi-use lockers, 4 wall cabinets, 1 two-door base cabinet, 1 one-drawer two- door cabinet and 2 bamboo worktops. You could use it to store different kinds of tools and keep your garage clean and tidy.
- 【Adjustable Feet and Shelves】Equipped with adjustable feet which could keep your cabinets stable on uneven floor. Adjustable shelves of cabinets can accommodate different sized items.
- 【Lockable and User-friendly Design】All cabinets are fully lockable for maximum security, ensuring your tools safe. In addition, Easy-to-grab handles and high quality drawers provide fully convenient for your daily use.
- 【Flexible Combination & Easy Installation】The set is easy to be assembled following the instructions. With bolt structure connecting each cabinet, you can adjust the cabinet position freely according to your demand. And the mount type of freestanding and wall mounted are both allowed.
If you’re looking at a one-stop solution for your garage storage needs, it’s hard to go wrong with the Goplus 10-piece garage storage cabinet set. It’s not the cheapest out there, so keep that in mind, but with so much to offer — and since it’s a one-time investment you make in your garage — it’s hard to not get drawn toward it.
It’s made of 24-gauge steel and the worktop is made of bamboo — perfect for the garage. It’s a 10-piece setup that includes 4 wall cabinets, 1 two-door base cabinet, 2 multi-use lockers, 1 one-drawer two-door cabinet, and 2 bamboo worktops. Like most other cabinets/cabinet-sets, this one needs to be assembled but includes instructions, so it shouldn’t be a problem.
It gets adjustable feet to ensure that the cabinets stay level even if you have slightly uneven floors. All cabinets come equipped with grab handles, whereas the drawers are high-quality as well. The shelves inside the cabinets are adjustable, so that takes care of practicality. And most importantly, all cabinets come with locks for security.
The entire cabinet set is 154 inches wide when installed, and has a maximum height of 77 inches. Individually, the two cabinets are 30-inch wide, 19-inch deep, and 77-inch tall. The base cabinets are 24-inch wide and 33-inch tall. The overhead cabinets are 24-inch wide and 16-inch tall. The bamboo worktops are 47-inch wide and 17-inch deep. The individual weight capacity is 820 pounds for each locker, 100 pounds for each wall cabinet, while the base cabinets can hold 520 pounds for the 2-door one and 620 pounds for the 2-door, 1-drawer version.
- Made of steel and bamboo
- 10-piece set
- Ball-bearing slides
- Lockable cabinets
- Height-adjustable feet
As we said earlier, it’s difficult to not get drawn to the Goplus 10-piece cabinet set. You’ll need to confirm the warranty with the seller. But apart from that, it looks like a good setup. And since you get two solid worktops, it looks like a perfect fit in a modern garage.
- 2 fixed shelves and 1 hanging rod; 20-inch depth accommodates hangers
- Durable, solid handles in classic brushed nickel
- Doors feature high quality, European-style 6-way adjustable hinges; MDF doors with profiled (rounded) edges add a level of sophistication
- Constructed from CARB-2 compliant, laminated composite woods with a sturdy MDF backer; Ships Ready to Assemble and includes an instruction booklet for easy assembly
- Manufactured in Canada and meets all North American safety standards; 5-year manufacturer’s limited on parts
The Prepac Elite 32” Storage Cabinet is a great product if you’re looking at either a modular cabinet system or want one for the floor. This 2-door cabinet is an ideal fit for the garage, as it’s not just easy on the pocket but also well-built. It’s made in durable laminate, has solid MDF/melamine doors, and is backed by all-metal six-way hinges. On the outside, it measures 32 inches in width, 16 inches in depth, and 65 inches in height. On the inside, this enables a fair deal of storage space. The internal dimensions are 30.25 inches wide, 59.5 inches tall, and 15.75 inches deep.
There are quite a few choices when it comes to the Elite range, including wall and wardrobe cabinets. The espresso one can go well with the garage’s look, but you can also choose from light grey, white, and black. The budget-friendly cabinet comes with all-metal door handles finished in brushed nickel. It also gets a five-year warranty from the manufacturer, so you don’t have to worry too much about its longevity.
- Made from laminated wood
- 16-inch deep and gets adjustable shelves
- Easy to assemble
- Five-year warranty
The Prepac Elite 32-inch Storage Cabinet is a good budget-friendly choice. It’ll sit comfortably in your garage, and with a 5-year warranty, you won’t have to worry too much about ownership woes, either. But keep in mind that the low cost means it doesn’t have the best materials (MDF/laminated wood), so overall longevity is bound to be less than the more expensive cabinets..
- Total weight capacities: multi-use lockers 800 lbs. , wall cabinets 100 lbs. , rolling tool cabinets 600 lbs. , and base cabinets 600 lbs.
- Height-adjustable steel shelves accommodate different sized items
- Built with 24-gauge steel frames and doors, with a powder-coat paint finish
- Doors are fully-lockable and have full-length aluminum handles
- Stainless steel worktops are stain-resistant and easy to keep clean
This is the 14 piece Bold 3.0 set, it is identical in structural integrity as the 9 pieces, such as 24-gauge steel construction, but comes with 5 extra components.The components in this set include 4 multi-use lockers with adjustable shelves and a closet rod with multi-peg hooks.
The worktops are stainless steel for extra durability, cleanliness, and ease of use. This package comes with a LED lighting option to light up your workspace, and there are tool tray insert options to manage your drawer organization.
You can also add a Slatwall backsplash and accessory kit that provides an excellent hanging storage solution for the more frequently used tools.
- Large, easy-to-grab handles
- Fully lockable storage cabinets.
- 2″ adjustable legs to keep your cabinets level and grounded.
- Integrated cable access holes
- Wall cabinets include a mountable light valance for workspaces that need extra light.
- Easy adjustable shelves
- An industrial sandtex paint finish that is scratch and stain resistant
If you have more wall space, then add the extra storage cabinets and complete the Bold 3.0 set from a 9 piece to a 14 piece. All mechanics know that there is never enough garage storage space, ever.
- Outside Dimensions: 69.38 x 25.63 x 18.88
- Includes 1 4-Shelf Unit
- Made in the USA
- Heavy duty construction
- Adjustable shelves
Another budget solution to your garage storage woes comes in the form of the Sterilite 4-shelf cabinet. It’s modular, so you can add on other Sterilite products and make a complete set for your garage. This one is a 4-shelf cabinet and is claimed to be easy to assemble as well.
Its external dimensions are as follows: 69 3/8 inches of height, 25 5/8 inches of width, and 18 7/8 inches of depth. It comes with four adjustable shelves to maximize practicality, and in case you’re planning to keep valuable tools inside, there’s a provision to put a standard padlock as well.
It’s a low-cost product, and that shows in the choice of materials: heavy-duty plastic, bound to last years of use. Finished in flat gray, it might not be the most stylish cabinet, but then again, we aren’t talking about the best looking garage cabinets anyway.
- Adjustable shelves
- Easy to assemble
- Can use a padlock
Made of heavy-duty plastic, the Sterilite 4-shelf cabinet can be a cost-effective choice for a storage cabinet in your garage. It’s also modular, so you can add other products from the Sterilite range and complete your garage storage. You’ll need to check with the seller about the warranty.
- OUTDOOR STORAGE: Base storage cabinet to contain toys, tools, and equipment
- DURABLE: Double wall resin construction that is resistant to warping, rusting, and denting
- SLEEK DESIGN: Platinum storage cabinet that fits into the corner of a garage, creating an attractive space
- REINFORCED SHELVING: Metal reinforced shelving that holds up to 75 lbs.
- LOCKABLE DOORS: Doors are capable of locking to protect your valuables
Suncast’s wide range of storage options for the garage includes a 72-inch garage organizer. It’s the Suncast Base Storage Cabinet, and it can be used as a standalone unit, or if you’re looking for a full setup, you can add other cabinets as well to lend your garage a one of a kind storage capacity.
Made of high-quality resin material, the Suncast garage cabinet has inbuilt latches, and the ability to accept locks. And that’s not all, it’s dual-wall construction gives the cabinet rigidity and also ensures it’s more resistant to damage. The door hinges are made of metal and ensure smooth operation.
Owing to the materials and its construction, it’s not prone to rust. At the heart of it are its metal-reinforced shelves that can individually hold up to 75 pounds. Like other cabinets, this one also needs to be assembled, but it’s an easy process. The external dimensions of the cabinet are 72 inches in height, 30 inches in width, and 20.25 inches in depth.
- Less prone to denting and rusting
- Lockable doors with inbuilt latch
- Easy to assemble
- Each shelf can hold up to 75 pounds
If you’re looking for a cabinet that’s sturdier than the usual plastic and MDF/laminated-wood ones, the Suncast garage cabinet makes for a good choice. It’s slightly more expensive but that shows in its built and overall appearance. You’ll need to check with the seller about the warranty, though.
6. Seville Classics Heavy Duty Storage Cabinet UHD16234 – the best metal garage cabinet
- Powder-coated finish tall storage cabinet
- Locking stainless steel doors
This is the Seville Classics Heavy Duty Metal Storage Cabinet UHD16234
The Seville UltraHD is an Ultra Heavy-Duty Metal Steel Storage Cabinet Shelf that comes with 16” x 36” removable shelves and has a powder-coated finish.
This unit comes with 3 shelves and 8 support mounting hooks for securing the storage cabinet in place, the overall weight of this cabinet is 8 Lbs. each.
This model comes with stainless steel door fronts and key lock and is supported on 4 x 5″ heavy-duty wheels. The total assembled size of the unit is 36″W x 18″D x 72″H
- Stainless Steel Door Fronts
- 3 x Steel Shelves
- 5” caster wheels
This is an exceptionally rugged and rigid portable shelving unit and is a perfect stand-alone for all your heavy-duty tools and spare parts.
- Set of 4 5" Wheels (2 wheels with brakes) included
- Stainless Steel Segmented Doors
- Dimensions: 36" W x 18" D x 72" H
- Weight Capacity: 600 lbs total, 150 lbs for each shelf
- Powder Coated Steel Frame
This is an all stainless steel storage unit that comes with the Seville proprietary UltraGuard™ fingerprint-resistant finish. This unit sits on 4 x 5” heavy-duty casters with 2 locking casters that provide you with exceptional positioning and mobility.
The doors come with a magnetic latch to secure closure and a key lock to secure the contents from theft. There are four shelves, three are adjustable. The outer finish of the walls is done in powder coated light grey epoxy.
The overall dimensions of this unit are 18″ D x 36″ x 72″ H, and the total load-bearing capacity is 600 Lbs. The upper shelves can support up to 150 Lbs, and the lower shelf supports 350 Lbs.This model requires assembly, and the panels are fastened with screws and bolts.
- Stainless Steel Doors with UltraGuard™ fingerprint-resistant finish
- Walls coated with a powder-coated light grey epoxy.
- 600 Lbs load-bearing capacity
- Lockable unit
When it comes to value for money, this is an exceptional buy and is well worth having even as an addition to a set. This is a fully portable and clean unit.
8. Gladiator GAGB28KDYG Ready-to-Assemble 3/4 Door Modular GearBox – the best quality garage cabinets
- Weight capacity of 75 lbs. per shelf and 300 lbs. total (when evenly distributed)
- Steel cabinet panels, heavy-duty Allen head bolt screws and back plates add durability
- Fully adjustable shelf for storage versatility; Extreme temperature test
- Quick and easy to set up. Full-extension drawer with ball-bearing slides prevent jams
- 10-year limited gives you peace of mind
The Gladiator GAGB28KDYG is a ¾ door modular unit that comes with either height-adjustable or heavy-duty casters for mobility. The model is constructed from a powder epoxy for corrosion resistance, and the fully assembled dimensions are 28″ wide x 31″ high x 18″ deep. This model weighs around 50 Lbs., when empty and can hold up to 300 Lbs total.
The drawers are fully extendable with ball-bearing slides that prevent jams, and the shelf is adjustable.
Adjustable shelf for storage versatility.
- Steel cabinet panels, using Allen head bolt screws and back plates for easy and solid assembly
- Tab and loop design for fast construction.
- Adjustable legs compensate for uneven floors.
- Round drawer lock
What a classic design and part of a larger modular set. This is an amazing standalone or addition. The price reflects the quality of this unit and is slightly higher due to the amazing quality and longevity expectations.
- Interior Drawer Dimensions: 3 drawers 4" tall x 11.75" wide x 17.5" deep and 1 drawer 9.25" tall x 11.75" wide x 17.5" deep
- Heavy-duty stainless steel door with key lock security
- Adjustable cabinet shelf
- 0.75” thick solid hardwood work surface
- Dimensions: 20” deep x 28” wide x 34.5” tall (28.75" without the wheels)
The Seville UltraHD UHD20225B is part of a complete set of modular designs; all engineered to provide maximum storage facilitation with exceptional properties.
This model comes with a ¾” wood worktop, and the cabinet is made from solid steel with stainless steel drawers that combine the UltraGuard™ finish for fingerprint and smudge protection.
It also comes with a cabinet with an adjustable height shelf, three small drawers, and one large drawer. Each drawer has its own lock. The cabinet can be easily moved around your garage with its four 2” wide casters. The full dimensions of this unit are 28″ W x 25″ D x 34.5″ H.
- Hardwood .75″ thick work surface
- Stainless-steel drawers and door with UltraGuard™ fingerprint-resistant coating
- Large cabinet compartment with height-adjustable shelf
- Single key all-door and all-drawer locking system
- Chrome plated push-bar for easier control of the cabinet
- Industrial-strength steel body construction
- Stainless-steel bumpers for protection
- Granite powder-coat finish
- Easy assembly, screws together in minutes
This is another great Seville product and is one of their UltraHD modules. Even as a standalone it standouts.
- 36 inches w x 72 inches H x 18 inches D
- Holds up to 225 lbs. per cabinet and 45 lbs. per shelf
- 2 adjustable shelves and 1 fixed shelf
- Leveler legs compensate for uneven floors
- 10-year limited
The Gladiator GALG36KDYG Ready-To-Assemble Gearbox Steel Cabinet is a 6 foot tall and 1.5 feet cabinet that is made for large and heavy items. The overall dimensions of this cabinet are 36″ W x 72″ H x 18″ D, and it holds up to 225 lbs of weight, or 45 Lbs., per shelf. There is one fixed shelf and two adjustable shelves.
- Easy to Assemble
- Tab and loop design on all of the panels
- Steel Construction
- Stainless steel door front.
It’s tall, it’s solid, it’s shiny and it works, what more can you want from a garage storage unit for tall objects.
- 2 adjustable shelves for convenient storage
- Pre-drilled holes and mounting hardware included
- HMC tubular locks with 100 combinations
- Manufactured with high quality steel
- Load capacity: 66-pound frame, 22-pound shelves
For hanging wall units you need solid and reliable, and that is what you get with the Homak GS00727021 model. This is a modular unit, so it can come as a standalone or as part of an entire set.
The steel construction was designed for secure ruggedness — the steel walls are 2mm thick and the framing is 13 gauge (2.5mm). It has an epoxy powder coat finish.
The finish to this cabinet include shiny steel doors and drawer fronts, and the body and frame come with an epoxy powder coat finish.
The shelf comes with a ball bearing slide for easy and smooth performance, and the cabinet unit comes with a tubular lock for securing contents.
Cabinet doors and drawer fronts feature a sleek silver finish.
- Manufactured with High-Quality Steel
- 2 Adjustable Shelves for Convenient Storage
- HMC High-Security Tubular Locking System
- Pre-Drilled Holes and Mounting Hardware Included
This is a solid wall unit, designed to hold a lot of weight and withstand the pressures of use over time. Price to performance ratio is balanced for a low price to high performance.
- Easy to Assemble: The tab and loop design on all of the panels minimizes the need for hardware and removes guesswork in assembly
- Easy access: An electrical access area allows radios and battery chargers on the open lower shelf to power up without taking up workspace
- Built to Last: The steel cabinet panels offer excellent cabinet structure for years of lasting durability
- Full-width adjustable shelf and open bottom shelf for storage versatility
- Included hanger brackets make this unit easily repositioned on Gladiator Wall Systems
The Ready-to-Assemble 3/4-Door Wall GearBox comes with an open bottom shelf and power cord access to make charging rechargeable units easier .
The Gladiator® GearWall® Panels or GearTrack® Channels make it easy to mount this model anywhere, and the unit is made from powder-coated steel for corrosion resistance as well as long-lasting load-bearing performance.
The overall dimensions are 28″ H x 28″ W x 12″ D, and this model can support up to 150 Lbs. with each shelf supporting 40 Lbs.
This model comes with hanger brackets for Gladiator® Wall Systems
- All steel construction
- Powder coat finish
- Durable magnetic latch secures cabinet doors
- Clear and easy to assemble
This is a neat and tight unit, modular and stand-alone, and comes with an affordable price tag. High-quality performance.
- DIMENSIONS: 30. 31 in. L x 19. 69 in W x 70. 47 in. H.The assembled dimensions of this item are 30.31 L x 19.69 W x 70.47 H inches. The measurements are determined based on the widest points so the width includes the handles of the cabinet as well as the feet on the bottom.
- RESIN CONSTRUCTION: Durable resin construction so no worry of rust, rot or moisture damage
- LOCKABLE: Doors are lockable to keep contents safe; padlock not included
- FIVE SHELVES to keep things organized
- LOADING CAPACITY of 55 pounds per shelf
The resin construction might not be unique to KETER but it offers a lot more than just a low price. It has five shelves inside, with a load capacity of up to 55 pounds, to keep all your garage tools safe and neatly organized. These shelves are adjustable, so if you’ve got taller items, you can adjust to give them more space. It’s hard to not appreciate its large door handles too — these can be exceptionally useful when trying to open the cabinet with full hands. And with all those items inside, KETER gives you peace of mind by giving you an option to keep your stuff secure with a padlock (not included).
The resin construction might have kept its overall cost low, but on the bright side, that enables the cabinet to be free from rust or moisture damage — other materials aren’t so immune. The dimensions for the KETER storage cabinet are 30.31 inches in width, 19.69 inches in depth, and 70.47 inches in height
- Resin construction: free from rust and moisture damage
- Large door handles
- Accepts padlocks
- Adjustable shelves
As an inexpensive cabinet, the KETER garage cabinet is a solid choice. Its resin construction might not be the fanciest, but it has its advantages — apart from the usual cost savings. Each shelf can take up to 55 pounds of weight, the door handles are large, and you can even lock the cabinet with the help of a padlock. User reviews have been mixed though. Also, you’ll need to get in touch with the seller for the warranty.
- Extra-large capacity for 13 cu. ft. more storage space than standard width cabinets.
- Heavy-gauge welded steel and sturdy box-formed construction.
- Four adjustable shelves with built-in support tabs hold up to 400 lbs. each.
- Heavy-duty leaf hinges and secure three-point locking system.
- Two brushed chrome handles, with one that locks both doors, make opening and closing easy.
Made of heavy-gauge welded steel, the Tennsco Jumbo Storage Cabinet is the one to go for if you’re looking for a heavy-duty storage cabinet that can hold heavy items, is secure, and will last long. It’s an expensive product, but all of the money you spend on this cabinet gets you a sturdy build and some serious strength — making it ideal for use in the garage.
It has four adjustable shelves that come with built-in support tabs. Each shelf can hold up to 400 pounds. To put that into perspective, most resin-made shelves manage about a tenth of that. The cabinet is made of 20-gauge steel and has more capacity than the standard width cabinets.
It’s got brushed chrome handles, complete with an in-built lock. The cabinet also has heavy-duty leaf hinges that will ensure smooth operations. The Tennsco cabinet has a powder-coated exterior finish and comes in a variety of colors including the light gray that we have here. Other choices on Amazon are sand and champagne whereas the company has a few more on its website. The dimensions are 48 inches of width, 24 inches of depth, and 78 inches of height.
- Heavy duty
- Made of 20-gauge steel
- Comes assembled
- Each shelf can hold up to 400 pounds
This Tennsco cabinet is expensive but given its build and heavy-duty capabilities, it’s well worth it. It comes pre-assembled, so the package is going to be pretty big, and you’ll need to keep that in mind if you’re planning to move. You’ll need to get in touch with the seller regarding the warranty information.
- Excellent for Your Garage: Designed With Generous Dimensions of 30.3" x 32.1" x 18.2" and a Total Weight of 60.8 lbs., This Storage Chest Can Easily Be Placed Against Any Wall or Within Any Area of Your Garage. Ideal For Storing Tools, The Dimensions Provide Ample Space to Make Sure You can Easily and Comfortably Put Away All of Your Belongings and Still Maintain a Clean and Comfortable Garage Environment
- Designed to Enhance Your Garage: Tired of the Clutter and Excess Mess of Tools and Miscellaneous Items? It is Time to Finally Invest in Something That Will Take Away the Clutter While Sustaining the Décor of Your Garage Area. Worry No More! Here is The Fortress Collection Chest, it is Exactly What You Have Been Waiting For. Designed With Stainless Steel to Ensure Durability, This Product is Built to be Durable Against Natural Rigors of the Garage
- Modern Design: This Garage Storage Chest Has Been Designed to be Fully Functional, The Shelves are Adjustable and are Hidden by Two Doors That Make It Perfect and Easy to Organize Everything That You May Need. This Mobile Storage Chest is Ideal For Outdoors But Would Also Be Great Inside
- Upon Delivery There are Detailed Directions to Follow to Assemble This Product. Follow the Easy Instructions and Enjoy Your New Home Addition Almost Immediately. It is Without a Doubt That Manhattan Comfort Will Enhance Your Home Décor With Whatever You Choose. Their Style is the Addition That You Have Been Seeking!
- Purchase With Confidence: Manhattan Comfort has Been Manufacturing and Creating Products for Years and All of Their Products Are Made With Fine Quality. Purchase With Confidence Knowing That Your Money is Going to a Flawless Product to be Enjoyed For Years to Come
The Fortress Floating Garage Cabinet comes with Floating Diamond Shape Textured finish and Recessed Steel Handle. This compact unit is 30” L x 30.3” H x 12.5” D weighs 33 Lbs when empty, and comes with door locks and key. The cabinet is secured with wall brackets, and the shelf is adjustable. The overall load-bearing capacity is 132 Lbs.
This model requires assembly but is assembled very fast and easy.
- Floating Diamond Shape Textured Wall Garage Cabinet.
- Includes 2 Doors and 1 Adjustable Shelf.
- Unique Door Lock and Key.
- Recessed Steel Handle
- Wall Brackets Included
This is a great unit, it’s solid, modular, and stands out with its light and bright diamond-shaped finish.
How to install cabinets in the garage
Installing cabinets is a very simple job but requires two key considerations:
You need to consider the dimensions of your cabinet compared with the size of your garage space. This way you can maximize your garage storage space without sacrificing too much. Also keep in mind that where you place your cabinet will possibly affect its accessibility. For instance, if you need to have your tools always charging in the cabinet, it makes sense to place it near an outlet, etc. It comes down to your needs and how you use your garage.
There are three kinds of storage cabinets to consider. There’s the wall mount which requires you to locate it against a solid concrete or block wall that will hold the weight of the contents and the cabinet in place. You want it at shoulder height, so you can see the contents clearly, clean the shelves, and reach for every item without using step ladders or standing on tiptoes. There are also rolling cabinets, you can have maximum flexibility. For large sets, you need to consider how much empty space you have along your walls.
Before purchasing your new cabinet, you have to consider what you will store in it, and then consider how it will stand. Load bearing is usually a consideration when installing wall mounted units. The strength of the bolts will need to be able to support the weight of the cabinet when full.
When installing a wall-mounted cabinet, make sure the wall is dry concrete, block, bricks or solid thick wood. Drill the necessary holes and install the relevant hardware. If necessary, add angle supports under the cabinet for extra load bearing integrity.
How to organize garage cabinets
Garage cabinet sets provide you with many options to store every tool and the part you need. The best way to organize your toolset is by the frequency of use and size. As such, the most frequently used tools will be placed in an easy to reach and a central section, while the less frequently used tools will be placed in peripheral locations.
Organize the tools according to types, such as hand tools; screwdrivers; sockets; pliers, etc. Organize larger tools according to a power source such as pneumatic, electric, and mechanical.
For spare parts, organize them also according to the frequency of use, and the type of part. For gaskets, organize them where the more frequently used ones are at the front, and the less frequently used ones are at the back.
What is the best garage storage system?
There is no best; every system has its advantages and disadvantages. Also, the design is both subjective and objective; you can have two identical systems made from titanium and carbon fiber with built-in IoT for stock control and spend over $50,000 and have a simple 18-gauge steel system with standards tops and hinges costing you $2,000. Both perform the same job, but one is designed for use in Hi-Tech environments, while the other is for home garage use. The best is only what performs the task you want it to perform.
Here are some things to think about when you’re deciding on the best garage storage system for you:
First, clean the garage! I’m not talking about cleaning the floor — I mean that you need to clear enough space in your garage to see how much room you have to work with.
After that, get out your tape measure and start planning.. What size cabinet do you need? Should it be a very large and tall cabinet? Or is something small and 35 inches tall enough for all your stuff?
Then, you’ll have to choose the material of your future cabinet. The best garage storage systems are made of three materials: wood, stainless steel, and polyurethane. Each of them has advantages and disadvantages:
- Wooden cabinets are very cool — they are quite sturdy (and look amazing!), but a wooden cabinet isn’t the best choice in a cold climate. And it’s very easy to scratch a wooden cabinet.
- Stainless steel is the best material for the garage storage solutions in my opinion . This material is extremely hard and strong material, but the corrosion can be a problem.
- Plastic (polyurethane) and MDF cabinets are cool, too — they are really durable, because polyurethane doesn’t corrode, and they are usually cheaper than all the other cabinets.
Another thing you have to consider is the wheels — the cabinets on wheels are very easy-to-use because you can easily move them. However, you can find both rolling and not-rolling cabinets on this list.
Garage Cabinets come in many forms and are used to store tools and parts for easy access, stock control, and keeping garages clean. A perfect garage cabinet will provide you with ease of access, great load-bearing functionality and performance and will fit into space you have to provide the best possible storage facility you can budget and desire.
There are essentially three categories of cabinets for garages, these include wall mounted units, which are usually for basic storage and not for heavy-duty equipment. These cabinets come with shelving since drawers are not usually suitable for overhead functionality. Then there are portable metal units; these come in a plethora of configurations, ranging from drawers, cabinets, and combinations of these in different sizes. Some units come with tool organizers and large storage areas for heavy-duty equipment. Most come with wheels for easy mobility around the garage. The final category is full sets; these are cabinet sets like you have in the kitchen, and are designed with configurations specifically for your needs. Most if not all top-rated sets are modular, and they all come with work table top units.
This can depend on the materials used. A basic resin-made cabinet can be on the right side of a hundred dollars. An MDF cabinet of a similar size can be somewhere in that vicinity as well. Choose a steel cabinet and you’d be looking at four-five times the price. An entire setup will cost you close to $2000 for steel cabinets. Higher quality steel is bound to be much more expensive. And if you consider carbon-fiber ones, then expect to pay 10 – 20 times the price.
Cost is also dependent on the type of cabinet. Wall mounted cabinets will cost from $100 to around $300. Metal portable cabinets will cost from $150 to around $600, again, based on complexity and size. Cabinet Sets usually start from $1000 and go up over $3000 and even higher.
Mostly yes, as long as you’re sure of the material. For instance, if it’s a small MDF/resin cabinet then it’s hardly going to be any different when used in a garage. But the majority of kitchen cabinets are wood cabinets. And in a garage, you’ll risk adding scuffs and losing the overall sheen of a wood cabinet, even when used carefully.
Garage Door Rollers
Tool Chest Under 1000
Garage Door Insulation Kit
Screwdrivers For Mechanics
Engine Oil Additive
Throttle Body Cleaner
Truck Tool Box
Automotive Paint Gun For Beginners
383 Stroker Kit
4L60E Rebuild Kit
110V Stick Welder
Pittsburgh Tools Review
Garage Floor Cleaner