- The 5 Best Lift Kits for Toyota Tacoma:
- Lift Kit for Toyota Tacoma Reviews:
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- 1.Pricey but worth it: ReadyLIFT SST Lift Kit for Toyota Tacoma – Best Lift Kit for Toyota Tacoma
- 2. Fair deal: Supreme Suspensions – Full Lift Kit for Toyota Tacoma
- 3. Just for the front: Supreme Suspensions – Front Leveling Lift Kit
- 4. Inexpensive choice: MotoFab Lifts Front and Rear Leveling Lift Kit
- 5. For a massive lift: Rough Country Lift Kit
- What is the best lift kit for Toyota Tacoma?
One of the most basic ways to increase a truck’s off-road abilities is by increasing its ride height. Of course, that’s not enough, and you’ll need to add larger tires and better shocks as well. But as a start, it’s hard to go wrong with lift kits. These will increase the ground clearance of the truck, and also help it in tackling larger obstacles off the road. With the height increased, the angles of approach and departure will also change, so you’re bound to have a truck that is more powerful off-road — and looks equally menacing as well. If you’re looking for a lift kit for your Toyota Tacoma, our guide will help. Take a look at the popular choices and find the best lift kit for Toyota Tacoma for you.
The 5 Best Lift Kits for Toyota Tacoma:
ReadyLIFT SST Lift Kit for Toyota Tacoma – the best lift kit for Toyota Tacoma
Lift Kit for Toyota Tacoma Reviews:
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
We strive to always give you genuine, accurate information. To do this, all of mechanicguides.com reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience. This knowledge comes from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple who has 11 years of experience in the auto industry. For more information, see here.
1.Pricey but worth it: ReadyLIFT SST Lift Kit for Toyota Tacoma – Best Lift Kit for Toyota Tacoma
- Tacoma Max Lift: 3.0"F/2.0"R - Max Tire Dia: 32.5"
- Allows for up to a 33 x 11.5 tire on an 8" wide wheel with 5" backspacing with minor trimming of the inner fender liner; 32.5" tires on and OEM or 5" backspacing wheel should fit with no trimming required
- Steel upper strut extensions are the strongest on the market and are designed to position the strut alignment properly with the control arm and upper frame mount
- Professional installation time is estimated at two to three hours. An alignment will be necessary after installation
- Guaranteed for life against manufacturing defects
The ReadyLIFT SST (Smart Suspension Technology) adds ground clearance to the Toyota Tacoma and makes it possible for you to install larger tires — up to 33 inches, although the brand recommends 32.5-inch diameter). The overall lift is about 2.75 – 3 inches at the front, depending on your truck’s model. Ideally, there’s going to be a rake of around 0.5 inches. It’s got steel upper strut extensions, which are the strongest on the market, mentions the company.
100 percent bolt-on kit
The overall time it takes to install this is about 2 – 3 hours (if done by a professional), and alignment is necessary once the installation is done. There’s no cutting or modifications required on this 100 percent bolt-on product. While the increase in height might not be the biggest, this product retains the factory ride quality and suspension geometry. The kit includes fabricated steel top mount strut extensions, OEM-style cast iron lift blocks with longer U-bolts, differential drop spacers, skid plate spacers, sway bar mount spacers, and the necessary hardware required for installation.
What do we think of it?
ReadyLIFT claims that with its unique solution — SST or Smart Suspension Technology — you can enjoy medium levels of lift but without compromising on the original ride and handling the truck came with. For the Toyota Tacoma, the brand mentions a lift of about 3 inches at the front and 2 inches at the rear.
All 2005 – 2020 Toyota Tacoma models are compatible, but it’s best to confirm that with the seller. The TRD Pro models aren’t compatible. Some Tacoma models might need an aftermarket control arm, mentions the company. Also check about warranty details — the ReadyLIFT documentation mentions a 5-year/60,000-mile warranty for fitment on the Toyota Tacoma. Users have been happy with the product.
- Retains factory ride
- Good quality
2. Fair deal: Supreme Suspensions – Full Lift Kit for Toyota Tacoma
- COMPATIBLE WITH 2005 - 2020 Toyota Tacoma (2WD 4WD). Will NOT Fit 5-Lug Models. Will NOT Fit 5-Lug Models. Front Spacers are NOT compatible with TRD Off-Road Model.
- CONTENTS: (2x) Front Lift Strut Spacers, (2x) Rear Lift Tapered Blocks, (4x) Square Bend U-Bolts, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions, Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 3 Inch Front + 2 Inch Rear Suspension Lift. This Kit Includes 4x U-Bolts: 9/16" Threads, 10" Long x 2.5" Wide.
- INSTALLATION: Easy bolt-on installation takes 2 to 4 hours without the need for special tools. Please note that front strut spacer thickness to lift height is not a 1:1 ratio; it is recommended that you measure your vehicle ride height before and after to see the full lift amount has been achieved. An alignment is always recommended if you are altering the height of your vehicle.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires.
A full kit means the lift kit will add height both at the front and rear of the Toyota Tacoma. At the front is a set of aluminum spacers while at the rear you get lift blocks. The kit is said to offer 3 inches of lift at the front and 2 inches at the rear. This is done while maintaining the factory ride quality, which is ideal, although real-world driving will paint the true story. Installing the entire kit is said to take up to 4 hours but doesn’t require any special tools.
CNC-machined front spacers and steel lift blocks (rear)
Let’s look at the components before going further. The strut spacers for the frontal lift are made of T6 aluminum and CNC-machined for the perfect fit. An anodized protective coating is done to the spacers for resistance to corrosion and rust. At the rear are one-piece, CNC-formed steel lift blocks. They’re said to be easy to install and come with good strength and stability. The U-bolts required for the installation are coated with zinc phosphate and are said to offer the desired stiffness in the existing springs. The entire kit thus includes 2 billet aluminum front spacers, 2 steel rear lift blocks, 4 U-bolts, installation hardware and instructions, and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
What do we think of it?
There are a lot of good things about this Supreme Suspensions kit. You get the ability to install larger tires since the ground clearance is now increased, and it’s not difficult to install. The rear blocks feature a taper, which corrects the pinion angle. And it’s fairly priced as well. There’s no warranty information available, so you’ll need to drop a message to the seller.
In terms of compatibility, the kit can be fitted to Toyota Tacoma made during the model years 2005 – 2020. The 5-lug models aren’t compatible and the TRD Off-Road models will not fit the 3-inch front lift spacers, mentions the company — so this one is ruled out. The TRD Pro isn’t compatible but the 2018+ TRD Off-Road is, whereas the rear shocks will require grinding.
Regardless of which truck you have (check with the seller if you have a question regarding the fit), you’ll need to get an alignment done after the installation. Users have been happy with the product but just check the package to make sure you get what you ordered.
3. Just for the front: Supreme Suspensions – Front Leveling Lift Kit
- COMPATIBLE WITH 2005 - 2021 Toyota Tacoma (2WD 4WD), 2003 - 2021 Toyota 4Runner (2WD 4WD), 2007 - 2015 Toyota FJ Cruiser (2WD 4WD). Does NOT Fit Tacoma 5-Lug Models. Does NOT Fit 4Runner Limited Models w/ X-REAS Hydraulic Struts.
- CONTENTS: (2x) Aircraft Billet Aluminum Front Strut Spacers, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 2 inch front suspension leveling lift. Please note that spacer thickness to lift height is NOT a 1:1 ratio. It is recommended that you measure your vehicle ride height before and after to see the full lift amount has been achieved.
- INSTALLATION: Easy bolt-on installation takes 1 to 2 hours without the need for special tools. An alignment is recommended after install.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires. Improves axle alignment and eliminate vibrations in the driveline.
Another simpler way of adding larger tires but not meddling with the existing, stock setup of the Toyota Tacoma is by leveling the front. So in products like the Supreme Suspensions Front Leveling Lift Kit, the front is brought to the same level (height) as the rear with the help of strut spacers. This is a good choice if you don’t want to spend too much money or don’t want to deviate too much from how the truck left the factory. For leveling kits, there are multiple choices (from ½ inch onward to those with 3-inch lifts at the front), but we’ve chosen the middle ground — a 2-inch lift kit for the front.
Good resistant to corrosion
This billet aluminum spacer is made of a single piece, features T6 aluminum, and has a solid strength to weight ratio. That’s not all, it’s also got a decent resistance to corrosion, and it won’t bend under heavy stress, either. Installing it will take about two hours but no special tools are required, mentions the company. An alignment is required after the installation, though. The kit contains 2 billet aluminum front strut spacers, installation hardware, instructions, and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack.
What do we think of it?
It’s a simpler solution, and since you’re only adding lift to the front, it’s cost-effective as well. The look of the vehicle improves along with the height clearance. You can now fit larger tires and get rid of the factory rake for a more balanced stance. There’s no information about the warranty, so please check with the seller about that. The compatibility includes Toyota Tacoma (both 2WD and 4WD models) made with the model years 2005 – 2020. Check with the seller if it’ll fit your particular truck. Users have appreciated that it’s a good quality product available at a great price.
4. Inexpensive choice: MotoFab Lifts Front and Rear Leveling Lift Kit
- Will Raise your Tacoma 3" in the front and 2" in the rear
- Motofab Lifts are CNC machined out of billet aluminum then powdercoated black to match your factory suspension.
- Can be installed in about 1 1/2-2 hours and does not require strut/coil disassembly like other kits.
- Made In The USA with a Lifetime warranty
- Fits 1995-2004 Toyota Tacoma
Another inexpensive kit on the list here is the MotoFab Lifts front and rear leveling kit for the Toyota Tacoma. It raises the front by 3 inches and the rear by 2. The kit is made of CNC-ed billet aluminum spacers that not only provide great strength but also have a solid resistance to corrosion thanks to the powder-coated finish. MotoFab claims that the kit is the strongest on the market.
Fabricated blocks at the rear
It can be installed in about 3 hours without the use of professional tools. The front spacers are made of aluminum while the rear gets fabricated ones. The latter is also tapered for a correct pinion angle upon installation. The kit includes two strut spacers for the front, two rear blocks, and four U-bolts.
What do we think of it?
With the MotoFab Lifts product, you don’t just get a decent kit but also save some money — it’s less expensive than other popular choices. And that’s because it doesn’t have the most expensive components. But if you have any doubts, the product is backed by a lifetime warranty and a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. It’s made for the Toyota Tacoma (both 2WD and 4WD) made during the model years 1995 – 2004. These are the 6-lug models. Users have mentioned that they liked the fit, while a few mention a possible discrepancy about overall height increase. Check with the seller before ordering.
5. For a massive lift: Rough Country Lift Kit
- Give your Tacoma the Perfect Blend of Performance, Protection, and Style from Rough Country.
- Unmatched Ground Clearance | Premium N3 Shock Absorbers the best in performance for on and off road use.
- High Clearance Crossmember | Design Provides Unequaled Off-Road Capability.
- Fabricated blocks are stronger and offer a longer lifespan than cast blocks.
- Backed by Rough Country's Lifetime Replacement Warranty - Shocks/Struts 3 Year Warranty
This is the most expensive kit on the list here, not only because it’s a high-quality one, but also because it adds an almost unimaginable 6 inches of lift to the Toyota Tacoma. Fittingly, the kit also includes new shocks — because you’ll need these to complement the change in ride height. You’ll be able to fit larger tires (recommended size is 33×12.5 R17).
Along with the new N3 shocks, the kit also includes all the parts and necessary hardware you need to get your Tacoma way off the ground. This is an off-road-focused kit and thus can take up to 8 hours of installation time. The installation itself requires some cutting and drilling. And Rough Country also mentions that you’ll need aftermarket wheels to go with the kit.
What do we think of it?
If you want a major height boost, this is your lift kit. Backed by a lifetime warranty (and three years on the shocks), the kit offers a whopping 6 inches of lift for the Toyota Tacoma — and comes with beefed-up parts to ensure the increase in height doesn’t cause additional stress on components. Alignment and re-tightening of bolts and nuts are absolutely necessary with this kit.
The Toyota Tacoma models (both 2WD and 4WD) made during the model years 2005 – 2015 are compatible. Rough Country does mention that the 6-lug Prerunner models can be fitted with this 6-inch kit but not the T/X Baja models or the XSP-X ones. Users have appreciated what they can get at the price.
What is the best lift kit for Toyota Tacoma?
The Tacoma is a great-looking truck, and if you’re looking at improving the way the truck sits (its stance), then a front-leveling kit like the Supreme Suspensions Front Leveling Kit will work just fine. But if you want other features like the ability to increase tire size, improve off-roading, and overall ground clearance, then you’ll need to look elsewhere. On the other end of the spectrum is the Rough Country kit, which is said to add a total of 6 inches of life. It comes with a new set of shocks because the stock ones will not work anymore. You’ll also need to make certain modifications to ensure it properly fits.
The intermediate choices include Supreme Suspensions Lift Kit. It adds a healthy amount of lift at the front and rear. One inexpensive choice can be the MotoFab Lifts kit. It gets aluminum spacers at the front but fabricated ones at the rear. But at the price, it’s a good product. Our pick from the list is the ReadyLIFT set. It adds a lift but is engineered to retain the factory dynamics of the truck. It might be slightly expensive, but as users have found out it’s well worth it.