- The 5 Best Shocks for Silverado 1500 4×4:
- Top-Rated Shocks for Silverado 1500 4×4 List:
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- Best Shocks for Silverado 1500 4×4 Reviews:
- 1. Bilstein B8 5100 Shock Absorber – the best shocks for Silverado 1500 4×4
- 2. Skyjacker Black Max Shocks
- 3. Monroe Load Adjust Shock Absorber
- 4. Maxorber Full Set Shocks Struts
- 5. Gabriel Ultra ReadyMount Loaded Strut Assembly
- 6. Gabriel Max Control Monotube Shock Absorber
- 7. Monroe Reflex Light Truck Shock Absorber
- 8. Sensen Shocks Struts
- 9. Bilstein 4600 Series Shock Absorbers w/Front Shocks # 24-065009 & Rear Shocks # 24-029056
- 10. Bilstein 5100 Front 0-2.5″, Rear 0-1″ Lift Shocks Kit
- 11. Rancho RS9000XL Adj Shock Rear Pair 99-06 Silverado 1500 4WD w/2-4″ Lift
- 12. Fox 2.0 Performance Shock + Roost Shield Rear Pair
- 13. King Shocks 25001-154 Performance Shock Kit
- 14. Fabtech® FTS21181 – 4″ Dirt Logic 2.5 Front Lift Coilover
- 15. Rough Country Front Adjustable Vertex Coilovers
- 16. Rough Country Rear Adjustable Vertex Shocks for Lifted 07-18 Silverado/Sierra
- 17. aFe Power 501-5600-01 Control Sway-A-Way 2.5″ Front Coilover Kit
- 18. Fox 2.5 Factory Coil-Over Reservoir Front Pair 07-17 Silverado 1500
- What are Shock Absorbers?
Hi everyone, it’s time to discuss shock absorbers for your Chevy Silverado 1500 4WD. So, let’s get into my top recommendations for shock absorbers!
[If you’re looking for the Best Shocks for Silverado 1500 2WD, we’ve got you covered.]
The 5 Best Shocks for Silverado 1500 4×4:
- Bilstein B8 5100 Shock Absorber – the best shocks for Silverado 1500 4×4
- Skyjacker Black Max Shocks
- Monroe Load Adjust Shock Absorber
- Maxorber Full Set Shocks Struts
- Gabriel Ultra ReadyMount Loaded Strut Assembly
Top-Rated Shocks for Silverado 1500 4×4 List:
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
All the information and opinions you find on Mechanicguides.com come from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple with 11 years of auto industry experience. We look at the latest market research, talk to experts, and draw from our own practical experience to bring you reviews and guides that reflect what you’ll encounter in your garage. For more information about the team, see here.
Shock absorbers come in three types; they include the standard tube and piston model, the strut design and the hybrid piston and strut design. Each design is totally different in operation, and function.
However, the bottom line is that they all perform the basic function of maintaining your tire’s tread on the surface of the road and this is to assure you control over your ride.
I always state to my customers that shocks are not suspension systems, this is actually true for the first two categories, however, if you want to dish out a bit more cash, you can invest in a hybrid system which has both shock and suspension applications combined.
OK, enough about this, I will conclude the review with a few words on the different types. Lets now look at the Best Shocks for Silverado 1500 and here are the ten leading models.
Best Shocks for Silverado 1500 4×4 Reviews:
1. Bilstein B8 5100 Shock Absorber – the best shocks for Silverado 1500 4×4
- Made in USA
- Package Weight : 1.973 Kilograms
- Package Dimensions : 26.8 L x 2.95 H x 2.95 W (inches)
Bilstein is one of the most popular brands when it comes to factory fitments, but what makes the B8 shock absorber special is that it’s a bit more than just a stock replacement. It can be used with a lift kit and still offer a very good ride and handling.
Its monotube design means you’ll get consistent performance without the fear of the shock heating up. Its digressive valving is made in such a way that the shock responds to rapidly changing road surfaces easily. This means you can enjoy your truck equally on the road as well off it.
It’s available as an individual unit and is made to be used at the front. You can install this on your lifted Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4×4 as long as you’ve added up to 2 inches of lift. The compatible model years are 1999 to 2007. You can check with the seller about the warranty (the listing says Lifetime) and finer compatibility details.
- Advanced Foam-Cell Technology
- Vehicle Specific Multi-Stage Valving
- Increased Fluid Capacity for MAX Heat Dissipation
- 362 Degree Arc Welded End Mounts and 180 Degree Directional Mounting
- Twin Tube Construction with Chrome Plated Shaft
The Skyjacker Black Max shock absorber is available as an individual unit and promises improved performance at a price that’s economical for a good quality shock. It has a twin-tube construction and comes equipped with StableSteer valving that enables good road-holding but without neglecting the overall comfort.
It has a sintered piston, chrome-plated shaft, and heavy-duty compression head. It even boasts increased fuel capacity for better heat dissipation and an orifice control disk for comfort. On the outside, the shock absorber gets a black boot to ensure the internals don’t get affected by the dirt and grime. In addition to all that, the shock absorber is made to work with vehicles that have heights that range from stock to all the way up to 9 inches. In the case of Chevrolet Silverado, that’s up to 0 inches (stock height) to 3 inches of lift.
You’ll need to check with the seller about the warranty since the listing has no information. It’s compatible with Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4×4 trucks made with the model years 1999 – 2014. The shock absorber is made for use at the rear.
- All weather fluid: Contains special modifiers to reduce friction and ensure smooth rod reaction
- Full displaced valving: Tuned specifically for each application, this valving automatically adjusts to road extremes to provide consistency and ride
- Fluon banded piston: The Fluon band provides consistent sealing between the piston and pressure tube which delivers better control and increased durability
- Made in China
The Monroe Load Adjust Shock Absorber is a pair of two shocks, available at competitive prices, and comes with the promise to offer good comfort and maintain the truck’s ride height even when loaded.
The Monroe Load Adjust Shocks for Silverado 1500 4×4 comes with all-weather fluid (for hassle-free year-long driving), a Fluon-banded piston (improved control and strength), and full-displaced valving (this helps the truck adapt to road conditions and offer consistent performance).
The Monroe shock comes with a dust shield, extended bumper stop, and has a travel length of 8.875 inches. A solid reason to buy this shock for your Silverado 1500 4×4 is that it promises to maintain the truck’s ride height even when an additional load of up 1100 pounds is loaded, making it the right choice if you carry cargo regularly or tow.
Check with the seller about the warranty and finer compatibility details. Monroe mentions that the shocks are made to be fitted on Chevrolet Silverado 1500 trucks (rear; model years 1999 – 2006).
- Important Note: For the sake of safety, each pair of front OR rear shocks will be packed and shipped as an unique unit. Thus, if 2pcs purchaseed, there will be 1 package. If 4pcs purchased, there will be 2 packages and so on. Please feel free to if you have any other concern
- Maxorber Full Set Front& Rear Shocks Struts Absorber
- Interchange/Cross Part Number:344383 344385
- Shock Absorbers For Left H (Driver Side) and Right H (Passenger Side); Shock Absorbers only,not including springs or mounts.Chromed Piston Rod: suitable stiff dampening power for passenger cars. Shocks Struts replacement to restore your vehicle ride, handling and control performance
- Premium Qualified Finish: rust protection; Nitrogen Gas charged: improved stopping,steering,stability.Japanese Made Oil Seals: no squeaking noise,long durability; Chromed Piston Rod: suitable stiff dampening power for passenger cars
The Maxorber Full Set Shocks Struts is a cost-effective replacement, compatible with a variety of trucks including the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4×4. The set includes four shocks — perfect for when you want to replace all the aging shocks on your truck and don’t want to be bothered by ordering individual products. And that’s before you look at its pocket-friendly price!
The nitrogen-gas charged shocks come equipped with Japanese oil seals that aid the product’s durability. It has a chromed piston rod that offers good damping. The entire shock has a premium finish, which takes care of rust protection as well. Its hydraulic fluid is bound to work well despite the weather, and the multi-stage hydraulic valves reduce fluid travel and hence keeping a check on aeration.
The shock absorber set is compatible with the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD made with the model years 2001 – 2007 but if you’re looking for the 4WD variants, then the list by Maxorber includes the 2001 – 2003 and 2005 – 2007 models. You must check with the seller about compatibility details and the warranty since no information about the latter is available in the listing.
- Strut comes with upper strut mount, bearing, strut bumper, strut boot, coil spring, spring isolator and a premium strut with G-force technology for improved response, product life and ride control
- Complete one-piece assembly and all new, quality parts ensure fast, safe installation with no special tools or equipment needed and no chance of missing parts
- Each new Gabriel Ready Mount design is precision engineered, uses top quality parts, then is component and unit tested on a quarter car testing rig
- Fit tested on the vehicle for which it was designed, verifying the design fits properly, can be easily installed, then ride tested on U.S. roads to ensure it meets real world performance standards
- Super finished chromed piston rod provides superior corrosion resistance, enhances sealing properties, ensures proper seal lubrication and provides a more consistent wear surface
If you’re looking for a complete setup to install on your Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4×4, the Gabriel Ultra ReadyMount deserves a look. The manufacturer promises that the ReadyMount boasts the perfect balance in performance, comfort, and safety.
It comes with an upper strut mount, bearing, strut bumper, strut boot, coil spring, spring isolator, and a MacPherson Strut/coil-over shock with spring seat. The ReadyMount has a super-finished chromed piston rod, a positive seal between the piston and cylinder, nine-stage valving, and nitrile rod guide O-ring.
It’s one of the more expensive options out there, but you’ll benefit from the easy installation and essentially new suspension components — and not only a new shock. The suspension travel is 4.76 inches, so keep that in mind because that will be crucial when you make that buying decision. It’s compatible with the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4×4 made with the model years 2007 – 2018 and is backed by a lifetime warranty. You must check with the seller before purchasing if there’s any doubt about the compatibility or the warranty.
- Performance designed Monotube for trucks, vans & SUVs, chromed rod
- MaxComfort - Larger 1 13⁄16" (46mm) bore size allows the shock to react quicker to bumps and other road imperfections, creating the smoothest ride possible
- MaxEndurance - Single-tube design and multi-stage sealing minimize chamber temperature and debris entry for longer-lasting performance
- MaxPerformance - High-pressure nitrogen gas and floating piston technology allow the shock to immediately react to steering wheel movements, providing the ultimate in handling and performance
- MaxSafety - Sensitivity and quick response time keep tires in contact with the road to maximize braking effectiveness, keeping you in control at all times
Made for trucks, vans, and SUVs, the Gabriel Max Control Monotube Shock Absorber is a cost-effective shock for the Chevrolet Silverado. It’s made for on-road use but doesn’t let control or ride quality take the back seat.
The shock, available as an individual unit, comes with a chrome piston rod that keeps corrosion at bay and ensures smooth operation. The monotube technology means the shock response to bumps with ease and in no time. The nitrogen-gas, large bore, and floating piston further add to that response as well. In addition to that, the shock has multi-stage sealing that means it’s bound to last long.
It’s compatible with the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4×4 truck made with the model years 1999 – 2006 for use at the front. You can check with the seller if you have any doubts regarding the compatibility of the shocks. Gabriel mentions the shock’s warranty is valid for as long as it’s installed on the vehicle it was originally installed to but confirm that with the seller.
- MAINTAINS VEHICLE CONTROL -- Monotube technology maintains vehicle control over bumps, dips and potholes for vehicles originally equipped with monotube shocks and struts
- IMPROVED IMPACT ABSORPTION -- Hydraulic lock-out isolates suspension impact and helps maintain vehicle integrity (where applicable)
- CONSISTENT RIDE -- High temperature OE all-weather fluid contains special additives to assist with extreme temperatures and help reduce oil breakdown
- EXCELLENT RESPONSE AND STABILITY -- High-pressure nitrogen charge provides a quicker response for excellent vehicle control
- BUILT TO LAST -- High-strength shock housing and hardened and chrome-plated piston rod provide durability and longer service life
The Monroe Reflex shocks for Silverado 1500 4×4 bring along some note-worthy features at a pocket-friendly price. Available as an individual unit, the shock promises to improve the truck’s driving dynamics and aid stability.
The all-weather fluid means you can drive your truck all year long without having to worry about the shock’s responsiveness. Another thing backing that up is the high-pressure nitrogen-gas-charged construction, which enables the shock to respond quickly and efficiently.
The shock’s hydraulic lockout feature means even when the suspension is fully extended, the impact is isolated. Its Fluon banded piston has a hardened connecting rod, all enclosed within a high-strength shock housing. The shock is made to be used on the 2007 – 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (rear). Check with the seller about the warranty (said to be applicable for a lifetime as long as it’s fitted on the vehicle) and finer compatibility details.
No products found.
The Sensen Shocks are available as a set of four to save yourself the trouble of buying individual units. And given the cost at which this set retails, you’ll need to try really hard to ignore this option for your Silverado 1500 4×4.
The nitrogen-gas-charged shock has a twin-tube design, which helps it offer factory-like performance in both the ride and the handling department. The kit includes shocks for all four wheels, but keep in mind that there are no shock covers, top mount, bumper, coil spring, etc. This is only a set of shocks.
While you’ll need to get in touch with the seller about the warranty on Sensen shocks, you should confirm the finer compatibility details to ensure you get the product that’s made specifically for the Silverado model that you have. In terms of wider compatibility, the Sensen shocks set is made for the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4×4 trucks made with the model years 1999 – 2007.
- Includes front and rear 4600 Series Bilstein Shock Absorbers.
- Fits stock height 1999-06 Chevy Silverado & GMC Sierra 1500 4WD.(Excludes electronic suspension)
- Monotube gas pressure technology provides improved control and stability, precise handling, ultimate performance, and incredible comfort.
- Easy to install; direct bolt-on; no modification required.
- Lifetime Warranty
Bilstein is a fabricator of high-quality shock absorbers for just about every vehicle, and application there is. This kit includes their front #24-029056 and rear #24-065009 shocks that provide you with a perfect solution when integrated together in one active shock absorbing combination.
This shock kit gives you amazing on and off-road control, with a smooth ride and a continuous excellent performance. The shocks are a mono-tube gas-filled design with a self-adjusting digressive piston for faster reaction times and heat dissipation.
The front shock #24-065009 and rear shock #24-029056 are not extended for lifting; they are both a mono-high pressure nitrogen gas-filled tube design with a floating dividing and digressive piston that is a perfect solution for your heavy-duty towing and off-road driving needs. This valve comes with the classic Bilstein yellow and blue powder coated surface paint.
- Complete Set of 4 Shocks - 2 Front and 2 Rear (Does not work on Silverado 1500. Works on Silverado 1500HD only)
- Front Height: 0-2.5" Lift, Rear Height: 0-1" Lift
- Front Shocks: Extended: 11.3", Collapsed: 15.76"; Rear Shocks: Extended: 26.15", Collapsed: 16.14"
This is yet another perfect example of high-quality engineering at work. The Bilstein 5100 front and rear kit provide you with their front 0” to 2 ½” lift and a rear shock that gives you 1” lift. When combined they provide some leveling.
The front shocks are 25.76” when fully extended and 11.3” when collapsed. The rear shocks are 26.15” when extended and 16.14” when collapsed. They both nitrogen gas filled monotube design, the rod diameter is 1.81,” and the mount style is an eyelet. They come with the standard Bilstein high-quality performance machining and include vulcanized neoprene rubber bushings with a floating self-adjusting digressive piston.
- Part Number RS999269
- Rear pair of 2 shocks for vehicles w/4" rear lift; Excludes HD Models. w/RS6545 System
- Fits 4WD vehicles
- All necessary washers, bushings, and nuts included. Factory shock mounting bolts are reused for installation.
- Rancho's limited lifetime warranty protects against defects and premature failure. Rancho's 90 day ride guarantee covers RS5000X, RS7000MT, and RS9000XL shocks.
The Rancho RS9000XL rear pair of shocks are fabricated with both style and reliability in mind. Let’s take a closer look at what this shock provides:
- Large, 2.75-in. (70mm) the tri-tube body which increases fluid capacity leading to a cooler operation.
- Large, heavy-duty 18mm Nitro-Carb rod which prevents scuffing resistance and promotes corrosion protection.
- 9-position tuning technology that delivers 9 incremental steps of differing flexibility, starting with OE style and reaching firm towing levels.
- A nitrogen filled mono-tube that reduces the air-to-oil mixture, reducing foaming and other shock-related
- A Graphite-filled, Fluon banded piston that delivers smoother piston travel while providing better
- 1-1/4”. Diameter Sintered Iron piston that provides structural integrity.
- A Rebound Bumper that helps in controlling the rebound motion while traversing rough surfaces.
- Low-Friction, self-lubricating seal that prevents dirt and debris pollution.
- A Liquid metallic finish with a protective boot.
The Fox rear pair of shocks give you an additional 0” to 1” lift and is easy to install. These are monotube gas filled 2” aluminum alloy shocks that are designed to provide a corrosion free performance with their extra light seamless aluminum body.
These shocks provide the following specifications and features:
- The body is a 2.0″ metal-impacted 6061-T6 aluminum.
- The body plating is a clear anodized finish that prevents oxidization.
- The internal IFP reservoir design assures total separation of the nitrogen gas from the oil.
- The internal components are made of black-anodized, CNC-machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum.
- The piston shaft is a chrome plated heat-treated alloy steel with a 5/8” diameter
- The bushings are made of nitrile rubber.
- The piston is a high-flow race design machined for faster reaction and better rough surface performance.
- This kit also comes with a rooster shield kit that attaches securely to the shock, providing extra protection.
- Package Dimensions: 39.0" (L) x 17.0" (W) x 39.0" (H)
- Product Type: Auto Part
- Package Quantity: 1
- Country Of Origin: United States
When it comes to OEM performance shocks then the King Shocks® #25001-154 are the ones you want to install on your truck. These are non-adjustable shocks engineered to provide the best performance levels without changing the dynamics of your vehicles original application.
These shocks include the following specifications and features:
- The body is made of 2.5″ Shock cylinders which are precision bored to within +/- .001, to improve their performance they are plated with cadmium for an optimized valving function.
- The piggyback reservoir is made from that is both lightweight and strong, giving the nitrogen gas charge a better heat dissipation property.
- The wide diameter shafts provide you with a 100,000lbs/sq. Inch minimum tensile strength. Added to that is a chromed micro-polished finish for extended seal life. The rod end is lined with Teflon coated steel bearings.
- The pistons compressed length is 63” and extended length is 24.56” with an overall stroke length of 8.93”.
- These shocks come with Aeroquip high-pressure hoses and an internally threaded top cap designed to provide maximum piston travel in the shock body.
- These coil-over shocks come with a truncated thread that delivers incredible strength while providing easy spring preload and height adjustment properties.
- The pinch bolt coil adjuster nut gives you an improved clamping force.
- The Rulon composite wear bands composite delivers optimized wear resistance.