- The 5 Best Subwoofers for Dodge Ram Quad Cab:
- Best Subwoofer for Dodge Ram Quad Cab – Top-Up:
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- Best Subwoofer Systems for Dodge Ram Quad Cabs Reviews:
- 1. Rockford Fosgate Car Subwoofers – the best subwoofer for Dodge Ram Quad Cab
- 2. Rockville SS8P Slim Under-Seat Subwoofer
- 3. American Sound Connection Kicker C10 Subwoofer
- 4. Kicker Powered Subwoofer Upgrade Kit for Dodge Ram Quad Cab
- 5. Pioneer Shallow Mount Subwoofer
- 6. Atrend Bbox Dual 10” Sealed Carpeted Subwoofer Enclosure
- 7. ROCKFORD FOSGATE R2SD4-12 12″ 1000W Subwoofers
- 8. Kenwood KFC-W3016PS 12 Inch 2000W Subwoofers
- 9. JL Audio Stealthbox®
You’re driving along in your super powerful Dodge Ram, and Deadpool is sitting beside you because the taxi cab crashed into a burning orphanage and you realize you don’t have sounds, what do you do?
You install a subwoofer and blast the cab with so many vibrations your Ram becomes a battering Ram of sound.
The 5 Best Subwoofers for Dodge Ram Quad Cab:
Best Subwoofer for Dodge Ram Quad Cab – Top-Up:
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
All the information and opinions you find on Mechanicguides.com come from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple with 11 years of auto industry experience. We look at the latest market research, talk to experts, and draw from our own practical experience to bring you reviews and guides that reflect what you’ll encounter in your garage. For more information about the team, see here.
With so many aftermarket parts creating mutant cars of all kinds, there is one part of any vehicles system that has to be supercharged, and that’s the sound system.
How can you drive along in silence? This isn’t the age of 20th century silent movies; retro sounds are not cool.
It’s time to pump up the volume, beat out the bass and make your Ram cab the place to be at all times, except when you need to relieve yourself, then that would just be awkward.
The bottom line is that you place your subwoofers in your Ram Cab and you pull powerful horsepower while you push powerful subsonic frequencies, it’s a power thing, you’ll understand after you install a 10” or 12” system.
Best Subwoofer Systems for Dodge Ram Quad Cabs Reviews:
1. Rockford Fosgate Car Subwoofers – the best subwoofer for Dodge Ram Quad Cab
- NEW Pair **ROCKFORD FOSGATE R2D2 10** 1000 Watt 10" 2 Ohm Prime Series DVC Subwoofers
- Max power: 500 watts for each Sub (1000 watts for the pair)
- Rams power: 250 watts for each Sub (500 watts for the pair)
- Quantity: 2 subwoofers total
- Size: 10"
If you’re looking at getting a bespoke subwoofer fabricated depending on your needs, then it makes all the sense in the world to get individual subwoofers. The new Rockford Fosgate R2D2 (bonus naming win for Star Wars fans) pair of subs makes for a solid choice, not just because of the 10-inch size but also because of the decent punch this pair packs.
The 2-ohm subwoofer offers a maximum power of 500 watts (each) and an RMS of 250 watts (each). The 10-inch unit has a Mica-injected polypropylene cone, a stamp cast basket, 12-gauge compression terminals, anodized aluminum voice coil, integrated PVC trim ring, Dual Voice Coil, among other things. The mounting depth is 4.319 inches and the shipping weight for each subwoofer is just under 9 pounds — so expect twice that for the entire package. The sensitivity at 1w/1m is 86.9 decibels.
At the price point, the dual subwoofer setup looks to be a great value, considering it sounds good as well. You can mount it keeping the recommended specifications in mind, but should you choose to get one with a pre-fabricated enclosure, you can take a look at this listing.
- NEW Pair **ROCKFORD FOSGATE R2D2 10** 500 Watt 10" 2 Ohm Prime Series DVC Subwoofers
- Max Power: 500 Watts for each Sub (1000 Watts for the Pair)
- RMS Power: 250 Watts for each Sub (500 Watts for the Pair)
- Quantity: 2 Subwoofers Total
Bottom Line: Great pair of subwoofers that can be installed in a custom enclosure of your choice. An RMS of 250 watts for each unit doesn’t sound bad, and despite the performance, the subwoofer has a mounting depth of just 4.319 inches.
- Rockville SS8P 8" 400w Slim Under-Seat Active Powered Car/Truck Subwoofer Sub.
- Enclosure is made out of cast aluminum which stays cool at all times. Peak Power Handling: 400 Watts.
- RMS Power Handling: 100 Watts. Heavy Duty Mounting Feet. PWM MOSFET Power Supply. Low Level RCA Input. High Level Inputs with Auto Turn-On Technology. Adjustable Input Sensitivity. Soft Delayed Remote Turn-On. Thermal Protection Circuit, Short Protection Circuit. Overload Protection Circuit. Green Power/Red Protect LED. Phase Switch: 0° or 180°.
- Low Pass Filter: 50Hz - 150Hz. Bass Boost: 0 - 12dB @ 45Hz. Built in Subsonic Filter @ 20Hz. THD: < 0.4%. Subwoofer Level Remote Control. Fuse Rating: Single 15A.
- Specifications: Peak Power 400 Watts. RMS Power: 100 Watts. Impedance: 4 Ohm. Dimensions (L x W X H): 11.4" x 8.3" x 2.8" Inches. Frequency Response: 20Hz - 150Hz. Signal to Noise Ratio: >90dB. Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1w / 1m. Input sensitivity, Low level: 300mV. Input sensitivity, High level: 1.0V
Most modern trucks maximize interior packaging in such a way that the occupants get loads of leg and headroom. But that also means placing a standalone subwoofer assembly might not be possible/a great idea. The Rockville Under-Seat Subwoofer ensures that no extra space gets occupied by the subwoofer by adopting a neat under-seat layout. And despite its size, it doesn’t compromise on the sound quality.
At just 2.8 inches thick, the 8-inch subwoofer can easily be placed under your truck’s seat. The 400-watt peak output and 100 watts RMS mean that you won’t lose out on the sound quality of a conventional subwoofer, either. Another aspect the Rockville sub excels at is the ease of installation. The built-in amp means you don’t have to plug it to an amp. The presence of high-level input and smart turn-on circuit means you can add this to the existing factory system without any issues. The latter means as the music is turned off, the amp automatically gets turned off as well.
The subwoofer is backed by a 90-day money-back guarantee. The package also includes a bass knob as well as the required mounting hardware. The low-level RCA inputs are present as well, in addition to other bits to protect the device: thermal protection circuit, short protection circuit, and overload protection circuit.
Bottom Line: A slim subwoofer that can be placed under the seat to smartly use the cabin space, without missing out on the audio quality of a high-quality sub. It’s just 2.8 inches thick and can be hooked to the existing factory audio setup as well.
- ASC Package Dodge Ram 2002-2013 Quad or Crew Cab Truck Dual 10" Kicker C10 Subwoofer Sub Box Enclosure 600 Watts Peak
If you’re looking for a complete subwoofer package for your Dodge Ram Quad Cab, this one’s one of the best options out there. It’s a solid subwoofer enclosure made by American Sound Connection that houses a pair of Kicker C10 subwoofers. Compatible with the Dodge Ram trucks made with the model years 2002 – 2013 (in the Quad Cab configuration), the subwoofer can be set up under the rear bench seat and 60/40 split seat, with the subs firing upward.
The subwoofer is a 10” unit by Kicker. It’s called the Kicker C10 has a 4-ohm impedance and produces a max RMS of 150 watts. The peak output is rated at 300 watts. It has a sensitivity of 86.2 decibels and comes with an injection-molded cone, Polyfoam ribbed surround, single high-temperature voice coil, and wide frequency response (30 – 500 Hz).
The subwoofer enclosure on the other hand is made of high-quality MDF, is a sealed enclosure, has a mounting depth of 7 inches (perfect for the subwoofer which needs just 5 1/16 inches) and gets a high-quality black carpet covering itself.
The entire unit weighs a hefty 51.2 pounds, and the dimensions for the same are as follows: 67.4 x 26.1 x 15.2 inches. You’ll need to get in touch with the seller to know about the warranty.
Bottom Line: Good quality subwoofer by Kicker (pair of 10-inch units) in a solid enclosure by ASC. This is made to be placed under the rear bench with the subwoofer firing upward. That way you get to utilise the underseat space, and also enjoy the trusted audio quality of a reputed brand like Kicker.
- No cutting, mounting directly to factory locations
- Cosmetically, original factory look
- Computer-optimized, 32-bit digital signal processing tuned specifically for your vehicle
- Minimum impact on your vehicle's charging system
- 3-year warranty (parts and labor) when installed by an Authorized KICKER Dealer
Some of us don’t like to stray away too much from what the factory choices were on our trucks, and this Kicker subwoofer upgrade seems to be aimed squarely at us. The Kicker SRAMCQ09 Powered Subwoofer Upgrade Kit for Dodge Ram Quad Cab can be neatly placed in the factory-provided location.
And while that will keep the cabin as neat as it was from the factory, the sound quality will improve — hence the ‘upgrade’ in the name. Kicker mentions that the kit will offer the thrill of a live concert without you having to step out of the car — or make space for a new subwoofer enclosure for that matter. Depending on the vehicle, the upgrade subwoofer can be placed underneath the front seat/factory location. There’s also no need to modify/cut anything. The kit comes with computer-optimized digital signal processing as well.
The kit is backed by a 3-year warranty (when installed by Kicker dealer), is compatible with Dodge/Ram trucks with Quad Cab and Crew Cab, made with the model years 2009 – 2019. It doesn’t have an adverse effect on the charging system/battery. All that does come at a price — it’s one of the most expensive choices on the list here.
Bottom Line: Great alternative to getting a separate enclosure for a new subwoofer is this, a clean setup by Kicker that just upgrades the factory audio system. It’s expensive, though.
- Pioneer 10-Inch 1200W Max Single 4-Ohm Shallow Mount Series Subwoofer
- Mica-injected resin cone
- Power range: 100-300 watts RMS (1,200 watts peak power)
- Frequency response: 20-125 Hz
- Mounting depth: 3-1/8"
If you don’t have acres of space to install a subwoofer with all the paraphernalia, it’s a good idea to look at equally good-sounding alternatives but with a shallow mount. The Pioneer TS-SW2502S4 is exactly that — a shallow-mount subwoofer. Don’t let its lack of depth fool you; it’s got enough power to keep your ears happy. And it costs no more than other regular models, so that’s a bonus as well.
You’ll need to find an enclosure for it, but get this: its mounting depth is just 3 1/8 inches. So you’ll be able to fit this easily in the tightest of 10-inch enclosures as well. The subwoofer itself is a 10-inch, 4-ohm unit that boasts an RMS of 300 watts and a peak output of 1200 watts. The frequency response ranges from 20 to 125 Hz. It has a single voice coil for deep bass, which works in conjunction with the mica injection-molded resin. It also gets an oversized cone structure.
You’ll need to check with Pioneer/the respective seller about the warranty. The competitive price puts it next to some of the other popular subwoofers. But where it absolutely shines is with the shallow mounting depth — and the decent sound quality.
Bottom Line: A powerful subwoofer that doesn’t sacrifice its performance due to a shallow depth. This means you get one of the best-sounding units but it can be mounted easily as well.
- DUAL 10 INCH SEALED SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE: Our Accu-Tuned 10” Dual Sealed Subwoofer Is Designed For Optimum Bass Response And Low Frequency Reproduction Which Is Ideal For Lower Profile Sound Quality Subwoofers. Get More Precise Bass Without Starting An Earthquake
- COMPATIBLE WITH: Our Woofer Enclosure Is Designed And Engineered Specifically To Be Compatible With 2002-2018 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Trucks For An Oem Fit. A 10 Inch Subwoofer Box Will Be Too Large And Impede The Operation Of The Back Seat
- BETTER AUDIO: Soft Woven Polyfill Damping Material Helps Create A Flatter Frequency Response, Low Bass Extension, And Simulates A Larger Net Volume Air Space. Unlike A 15 Ported Box, Our 10 Inch Box Will Give You Better Sound That'S Not Too Loud
- AIRTIGHT: Bbox Uses Special Aliphatic Wood Glue To Ensure An Airtight Seal Between All Mdf Parts With A Second Application Of Glue Around All Internal Joints After Assembly. Make Sure Your Bbox 10 Subwoofer Enclosure Is Loaded Correctly For Best Results
- ENCLOSURE DIMENSIONS:: Our Sub cut out is 9.125 inches and mounting depth is 6 inches high x 7.25 inches wide x 57 inches deep. Overall depth is 13.25 inches. Trust our dual subwoofer for better sound than a single and more precise audio than a vented subwoofer.
While we’ve discussed some very good quality subwoofers and subwoofer+enclosure combos, we also need to look at enclosures that you can buy separately to house the former. The Bbox Dual is a very popular product that can include two subwoofers, can be neatly tucked underneath the seats on the Dodge Ram Quad Cab, and is made of high-quality material.
It’s not overly expensive, either. The subwoofer enclosure can accept subs that have a mounting depth of up to 6 inches. It can accept 10-inch subwoofers and thus has a cutout diameter of 9.25 inches. The enclosure is made of high-quality MDF and is covered under the premium charcoal carpet. The arrangement is such that the up-firing subwoofers will sit right under the seats. Depending on the clearance, you can install a low-line grill to protect the subwoofer.
The enclosure has polyfill installed in the speaker pockets, whereas there are also spacers that protect the woofer from the bottom of the seat. It’s best to check with the seller/manufacturer if the subwoofer of your choice will fit before making the purchase. And going by the user response, you certainly won’t regret this purchase.
Bottom Line: This is a great subwoofer enclosure that doesn’t cost a lot but offers a fair bit of features. You can mount 10-inch subs as long as they have a mounting depth of up to 6 inches. The Rockford Fosgate pair for instance can be a good choice.
- INCLUDES: This product includes 2 Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-12 12 inch 1000 watt shallow mount 4 Ohm DVC prime subwoofers and 1 Q Power R2SD4-12 12 inch Q- Bomb subwoofer box enclosure which is custom made for Dodge Ram Quad Cab Trucks that are model years 2002 or newer
- DESIGN: The Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-12 12 inch 1000 watt shallow mount 4 Ohm DVC prime subwoofers are built to give a strong bass sound when space is limited. The elevated motor structure reduces the speaker depth which allows it to fit into tight spaces
- CAR SUBWOOFERS: The Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-12 12 inch 1000 watt subwoofers use an anodized aluminum voice coil former that provides superior heat dissipation and has the capacity to handle power under continuous demand. It conforms to CEA-2031 industry standards and has a stitched tinsel that improves reliability and performance by reducing fatigue and possible shorting
- ENCLOSURES: The Q Power R2SD4-12 12 inch box enclosure is customized for Dodge Ram Quad Cab trucks that are model years 2002 or newer. The enclosure is designed to fit underneath the rear seats and boasts .65 cubic feet of air space. The subwoofer box is finished with a black bedliner spray for increased durability
- WARRANTY: The Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-12 12 inch 1000 watt 4 Ohm DVC subwoofers and the Q Power R2SD4-12 12 inch box enclosures include a 2 year manufacturer warranty
The Rockford Fosgate R2SD4-12 is a 12” 85dB subwoofer system that rocks you out of the cab. This 12” subwoofer is a 4-ohm system that gives you a 250 Watt RMS power handling per speaker. The total power output for both at maximum setting is 1,000 Watts.
These speakers come with 12-gauge compression terminals and an integrated PVC trim ring with a liner spider and embedded 16-gauge tinsel leads. The voice coil is made of anodized aluminum and is optimized for sealed spaces. The cone is a mica injected polypropylene, and the basket is stamped cast that comes with integrated spider venting.
This unit has .65 cu.ft of airspace and is designed to sit neatly under your rear seat. The mounting depth is 3.692” and the cutout diameter is 11 ¼” with a total weight of 12Lbs. The woofer displacement is 0.039 cu.ft, and this shallow type dual voice coil system comes in a 0.9 cu.ft box with a 1.709 cu.ft vented box volume.
Bottom Line: When it comes to power you won’t go wrong with a Rockford model, in fact, if you are uncertain about which model to choose, go for a Rockford first. These 12” 85dB speakers are killers in the cab, and unless you are a musical Asperger, you won’t need anything else.
What can I add to an already amazing system? Kenwood, a name that stands out when talking musical appliances. This is the Kenwood KFC-W3016PS which comes with a 12” 82db with peak power delivery system that punches out 2,000 Watts or 4,000 Watts per pair of speakers.
These speakers come with a textured polypropylene cone and are fitted with a rubber (elastic polymer) surround. These 12” sub speakers and sub box are custom designed for all Dodge Ram quad cab trucks, so they deliver maximum effectivity and will fit under the rear seat with the airspace of .65 cu.ft.
In terms of appearance, these speakers come in the standard charcoal matt carpeted format. The extra-long cone was designed to deliver a smoother bass, and they integrated the Kenwood Stress-free spider with a thermally efficient system to equal all thermal outputs, relieving stress points and delivering that unbeatable sound that Kenwood speakers are proud of.
The cone uses a square array pattern and delivers a frequency response rate of 27Hz-300Hz. These are 4 Ω 12” speakers with a mounting depth of 5 3/16”. Their dimensions are 12 13/16” width x 12 13/16” height and a cutout diameter of 11”, with a total depth of 6”, and weigh in at 13.9lbs
Bottom Line: Kenwood, what a name, what a model and what powerful subs. These are on a different level to all their competitors, and apart from Rockford are hands down the best subs to invest in. These 12” beasts will rumble your core and deliver a gut massaging experience that will leave you dizzy.
So, what do you get with the JL Audio Stealthbox®? You get 1 x 10” 2-ohm Subwoofer speaker that pumps out 500 Watts of RMS that comes from a mineral filled polypropylene cone. This cone is embedded in a nitrile-butadiene rubber surround and is DMA-optimized for a longer linear excursion that virtually eliminates distortion and increases the speakers sound output.
The reinforced collar is vented which improves the rigidity and stability of the cone, spider, and voice coil. The floating cone attachment method that this box provides lets you align the cone and surround separately, and the elevated frame cooling design provides you with more power and a better quality of sound.
This unit is fir for 2002-Up Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 2003-Up 2500/3500 Quad Cab, and the 2009-Up Crew Cab. The Stealthbox® sits under the passenger side rear-bench seat and comes with a steel mesh grill, and binding post terminals for a more secure and rigid installation and connection.
This model is best used in the 150W – 500W range and is designed to operate in a 0.625 cu. ft. sealed enclosure, or a 1.25 cu. ft. (35.4 l) ported enclosure.
Bottom Line: These are great speakers in the 10” range, and will give you a great sound output, especially since they are >85dB.
What’s the best subwoofer for Dodge Ram Quad Cab?
Getting the best subwoofer for Dodge Ram Quad Cab depends on your priority: some choose sound quality over everything else, while others may want to look at the overall size of the subwoofer setup and cost, among other things. But we’ve tried to cover the best choices for you here.
Starting with a choice that’s bound to work with everyone: the Rockford Fosgate Car Subwoofers. It’s a pair of subwoofers with a decent punch but a small size (10-inch each). You’ll need to get an enclosure for it, but the added choice will make it easier for you to buy exactly what suits your budget. You can also look at the Kicker subs housed in an enclosure by ASC. It’s slightly less powerful than the Rockford Fosgate pair, and the setup can be placed underneath the rear bench. But in case you’re after just an enclosure, the Atrend Bbox for 10-inch subwoofers also makes sense.
The Kicker subwoofer upgrade kit is a factory solution for improved sound but it’s not the cheapest here. The Pioneer Shallow subwoofer can be placed in smaller enclosures, but don’t let that make you believe that it compromises on overall performance. At our number two spot is the Rockville subwoofer. It’s so thin that it can be placed under the seat and will be a good way to complement the factory system as it comes with an inbuilt amp.
If you’re after bigger subwoofers, then you can look at the Kenwood system (pair), which is the most powerful here. Each 12-inch subwoofer has a peak output of 2000 W and RMS of 400 W each. Similarly, the Rockford Fosgate R2SD4 is also a pair of 12-inch subwoofers, but it’s slightly low on overall output (at 500 W power each and 250 W RMS each). And lastly, the JL Audio Stealthbox can be placed below the rear passenger seat but has a max power of 500 W.
Tuner For 2014 Ram 1500 Hemi
Spark Plugs For 5.7 Hemi
Shocks For Dodge Ram 1500 2Wd
Exhaust System For Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi
Shocks For Dodge Dakota 4X4
Fender Flares For Ram 1500
Lift Kit For Ram 1500
Tonneau Cover For Ram 1500
Headers For 5.7 Hemi Ram
Shocks For Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Tires For Ram 1500
Side Steps For Ram 1500
Cold Air Intake For Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Fan Clutch For Dodge Cummins
Floor Mats For Ram 1500
Seat Covers For Ram 1500
20 Inch Tires For Dodge Ram 1500
Tuner For 5.7 Hemi Ram
Ball Joints For Dodge Ram 2500
Shocks For Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4X4
Lift Kit For Dodge Ram 2500
Subwoofer For Dodge Ram Quad Cab