- The 5 Best Tonneau Covers for Chevy Colorado:
- Our Recommendations
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- Let’s roll: BAK Revolver X2 Hard Rolling Tonneau Cover – the best tonneau cover for Chevy Colorado
- Roll it up: TruXedo TruXport Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
- Strong but folds: BAKFlip G2 Tri-Fold Hard Tonneau Cover
- Soft alternative: Lund Genesis Elite Tri-Fold Soft Cover
- Full-bed access at a low cost: Tyger Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
- What’s the best tonneau cover for Chevy Colorado?
The benefits of a tonneau cover are aplenty: from making a slight reduction in the fuel consumption of your truck to enhancing its looks. But the essential feature of a tonneau cover is its ability to protect the bed from the elements. It’s because of that practical reason tonneau covers have become a popular mod for pickup trucks. The Chevrolet Colorado is no exception. If you’re finding it difficult to choose the best tonneau cover for Chevy Colorado, let us help you with some of the best options on the market.
The 5 Best Tonneau Covers for Chevy Colorado:
- BAK Revolver X2 Hard Rolling Tonneau Cover – the best tonneau cover for Chevy Colorado
- TruXedo TruXport Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
- BAKFlip G2 Tri-Fold Hard Tonneau Cover
- Lund Genesis Elite Tri-Fold Soft Cover
- Tyger Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
We strive to always give you genuine, accurate information. To do this, all of mechanicguides.com reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience. This knowledge comes from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple who has 11 years of experience in the auto industry. For more information, see here.
Let’s roll: BAK Revolver X2 Hard Rolling Tonneau Cover – the best tonneau cover for Chevy Colorado
- Fits 2015-20 GM Colorado, Canyon 5' Bed
- UNRIVALED SECURITY – The Revolver X2 features patented rotational locking rails to secure the cover the entire length of the bed, cab & side-rail seals, as well as an integrated latching mechanism to lock the cover with the tailgate
- UNRIVALED DURABILITY – The RX2 hard rolling truck bed cover is constructed with a gloss vinyl material overlaying a sheet of durable aluminum slats capable of withstanding up to 400 lbs. of evenly distributed weight
- UNRIVALED CONVENIENCE – The RX2 releases with a hidden cable on either side of the truck bed. It rolls up tight against the cab and is secured by integrated buckles for full bed access, 3rd brake light visibility, & 5th wheel compatibility
- 5.UNRIVALED SUPPORT –The BAK Revolver X2 hard rolling tonneau cover is proudly made in the USA. The RX2 is backed by a US-based customer support team and a 3-year guarantee
What is the best option if you wanted the convenience of a soft roll-up but with the strength and protection of a hardcover? While tri-fold hardcovers (like the one mentioned above) are good, they can only be folded at three places. The best way around that issue is to get a hard rolling tonneau cover like the BAK Revolver X2 Hard Rolling Tonneau Cover for Chevrolet Colorado
It features a hard aluminum roll-up cover that can be operated with one hand. With this, you can access the full length of the bed with the cover fully rolled up. According to BAK, the model fits the Chevrolet Colorado (model years 2015 – 2016) with a 62.7 bed and the newer (model years 2017 – 2019) version with the 61.7 bed. The official warranty is for three years.
What do we think of it?
It’s not the most cost-effective choice here, but the cover has a lot to offer with its solid fit, partial access, and the reassurance that there’s a layer of aluminum between the elements and your cargo. Users have reaffirmed that this tonneau cover is worth considering. Just to be safe with your purchase, confirm the warranty and compatibility with the seller first.
- Best if you need partial access
- Higher price than others
Roll it up: TruXedo TruXport Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
- Fits 15-21 GMC Canyon & Chevrolet Colorado 5' 3" Bed (62.7")
- UNBELIEVABLY FUNCTIONAL: TruXport is designed to be exceptionally easy to use: Simply unlock the tailgate latches & roll up your cover. TruXport is engineered with a heavy-duty 1.5” frame, and equipped with high quality leather-embossed vinyl
- STAND GUARD AGAINST WEATHER: Keep your cargo dry and secure during all weather situations. Manually adjust the tarp tension to keep cover tight and water out. TruXport has support bows allowing it to handle several inches of snow when cover is closed
- NO DRILL INSTALLATION: Fully install this roll-up truck bed cover in under 30 minutes! Easily clamp the rails onto your truck bed, attach the cover, roll and go. No drilling or special tools necessary
- WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED: TruXport is backed by a 5-year, no hassle warranty. We are committed to providing you the best service at all times, if you need replacement parts simply call our team.
If you’re looking for ease of access, then there’s nothing better than a roll-up cover. And a soft roll-up tonneau cover just makes the whole setup incredibly cost-effective as well. The ability to roll up the cover only till the point it’s required is a function the other tonneau covers don’t offer. When closed, it adds to the truck’s styling by providing a clean look, especially when compared to an open bed.
No drilling required
The TruXedo tonneau cover for Chevrolet Colorado is compatible with 2015 – 2016 Colorado with 62.7 bed and 2017 – 2020 Colorado with 61.7 bed. The installation is easy with no drilling required, and the cover is backed by a 5-year warranty (as offered by TruXedo; check with the seller about the same). The cover has a leather grain fabric, which protects the cargo and looks good at the same time.
What do we think of it?
With latches on either side, the TruXedo cover for Colorado is easy to operate. And as mentioned above, it’s easy to install as well. The users have indicated that they’re generally satisfied with the cover. The only issue, in a handful of cases, has been the fit. To ensure you get the exact model for your truck, check with the seller (about fit and warranty) before ordering. Also, keep in mind that this is a soft roll-up cover, so it can only offer a limited amount of protection.
- Looks good when closed
- Limited protection
Strong but folds: BAKFlip G2 Tri-Fold Hard Tonneau Cover
- Fits 2015/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021 GM Colorado, Canyon with 5' 3" Bed
- Product weight – 71 lbs. | Removes in – 5min | Weight capacity – 300 lbs. | Drive with the cover completely closed, folded and buckled so it covers the first ¼ of the bed, or folded up against the window and buckled
- The low-profile BAKFlip G2 hard folding cover allows you to drive with the cover fully closed, folded, or flipped up without covering the 3rd brake light
- The G2’s prop rods hold the cover upright while open and they securely stow away when the cover is partially or fully closed. The dual-action tailgate seal allows you to close the tailgate with the cover open or closed
- This cover features durable aluminum panels and an automatic latching system, providing greater security over vinyl covers. The G2 is operational from either side of the truck bed with quick-release cables under the panels
If you want improved protection for your truck’s cargo area, but don’t want to spend on a full-size hardcover, the BAKFlip Tri-Fold hard tonneau cover for Chevrolet Colorado is a great choice. Think of it as a hard tonneau cover but is made up of three sub-panels that can be folded, offering partial access, and overall ease of use.
Can hold up to 300 pounds
The G2 tonneau cover can hold up to 300 pounds of evenly distributed weight on top of it. It comes with a buckle system that allows you to drive the truck with the bed partially exposed. It can be helpful when carrying larger/taller items. The exterior of the cover is UV-resistant, so it won’t fade over time.
It’s easy to install, with a simple clamp-on installation. In terms of compatibility, the BAKFlip cover for Chevrolet Colorado can be fitted to trucks made in the model years 2017 – 2019 (61.7 bed) and 2015 – 2016 (62.7 bed). BAK assures that the product is backed by a 2-year limited warranty.
What do we think of it?
The BAKFlip cover possibly brings the best of protection and versatility in one package. Users have noted that the quality is good (this cover isn’t cheap), but some have also reported it not being completely free from leaks.
- Excellent protection (hardcover)
- Versatile for a hardcover
- Higher price
Soft alternative: Lund Genesis Elite Tri-Fold Soft Cover
- Fits 2004 - 2012 GM/Chevy, Canyon/Colorado 5' 1" Bed (61.1")
- PREMIUM MATTE CANVAS: Premium twill-woven material sits on top this soft tri-fold truck bed cover. Virtually maintenance free, this material option is best for those constantly on the go! It adds excellent protection while maintaining high-end looks
- FLAWLESS FOLDING: Genesis Elite Tri-Fold unlocks via two easy to use clamps located on each side of the tailgate. Simply fold towards the cab and secure at either the first or second fold with integrated straps to accommodate various cargo sizes
- LUND COMMITMENT: Extreme seal to keep bad weather out, hassle-free tension to keep your cover tight, & low profile, good looks are what you can expect with any Lund truck bed cover; and are exactly what you'll get with Lund’s Genesis Elite Tri-Fold
- 5 MIN INSTALL: From box to truck in 5 minutes! Simply square up the cover to your bed, secure clamps, and hit the road. Best of all – this tri-fold truck bed cover is USA-made and backed by a limited lifetime guarantee
Priced similar to the soft roll-up cover, the Lund Genesis Elite tonneau cover for Chevrolet Colorado brings the tri-fold construction to the table. It has some more support for the vinyl on top than the regular softcover. It fits Chevrolet Colorado trucks made with the model years 2004 – 2012 (5-feet bed only).
Installation in 5 minutes
It comes with a claimed installation time of just 5 minutes. That also means you can remove it quickly when required. It’s a drill-free installation, which makes it even better. The cover itself comes with integrated clips and straps. It offers 100 percent access to the bed and has an aluminum sub-frame, commercial-grade clamps, and a tailgate seal. The fabric is resistant to water, UV, dirt, and dust. The Lund soft cover for Chevrolet Colorado is backed by a lifetime warranty.
What do we think of it?
It fits well, looks good, is easy on the pocket, and doesn’t take much time to install. The users are also happy with the product and have particularly appreciated its appearance. There are some small quality concerns, but nothing major has been reported. Also, it must be kept in mind that while the Amazon listing mentions its compatibility to be for 2004 – 2012 trucks, Lund states that the 2015 – 2019 trucks are also compatible. So please check with the seller before placing an order.
- 100 percent access
- Limited protection
Full-bed access at a low cost: Tyger Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
- US Design Patented
- Cover is dual-coated and made out of heavy duty 24oz. marine-grade vinyl, with aircraft-grade aluminum frames, and comes with stainless steel clamps for easy installation and great durability.
- pre-assembled horizontal crossbars offer support and conveniently fold up with the cover providing full bed access when needed.
- Easy no drilling installation with instruction and mounting hardware provided. | NOTE: Small holes will need to be cut in the bedliner for vehicles equipped with over-the-bedrail bedliner to secure the clamps for proper cover installation; cover will work with under-the-bedrail bedliner without modification.
- LIMITED LIFETIME ! | IMPORTANT: Please measure your truck bed size before ordering. We accept returns; however customer will assume the return shipping cost if ordered wrong.
Much like the Lund Genesis product above, the Tyger Soft Tri-Fold tonneau cover for Chevrolet Colorado is a tri-fold cover with vinyl on top. It fits the 6ft 2in bed on the model years 2015 – 2019 Chevrolet Colorado trucks. The vinyl itself is a marine-grade heavy-duty product and is supported by an aluminum subframe. The entire cover is placed on the truck’s body using stainless steel clamps, further ensuring that durability and strength aren’t compromised.
Pre-assembled crossbars for support
Backed by a lifetime warranty, the Chevrolet Colorado tonneau cover has a no-drill installation, although small holes will need to be made in the bedliner for the clamps. The cover offers full-bed access and comes with pre-assembled crossbars not just for added support but also for enabling it to fold easily.
What do we think of it?
The Tyger soft tri-fold cover is one of the most popular choices for tonneau covers, and the users have good things to say about the product. A tight fit is complemented by seamless appearance and excellent quality — and of course, ease of installation.
- Good fit
- Not expensive
- If you like softcovers, none
What’s the best tonneau cover for Chevy Colorado?
Choosing a tonneau cover for the Chevrolet Colorado shouldn’t be that hard because the products on our list are well-made and will serve you fine.
Among the ones we’ve mentioned here, choose the soft covers if you don’t want to spend too much. The Tyger and the Lund are both the same type (tri-fold) but the TruXedo is slightly more versatile (soft roll-up). Or choose the hardcovers if you want more protection for the cargo. The BAK G2 works on the same principle as any other tri-fold cover but offers added protection. For added practicality on a hardcover (it’s not common to see hardcover and practicality in the same sentence), the BAK Revolver does the job just fine. It is slightly expensive, though.