- The 5 Best Duramax Fuel Filters:
- Our Recommendations
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- The best for the value: 6.6 Duramax Diesel Fuel Filter with Seals | for 2001-2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 3500 HD Express GMC Sierra 2500HD 3500HD Savana | Replaces# TP3018, TP3012, 12664429, 12633243 – the best Duramax fuel filter
- A great swap for your Duramax filter – ACDelco TP3018 Professional Fuel Filter with Seals
- Best for the mileage – WIX Filters – 33960 Heavy Duty Spin-On Fuel Water Separator, Pack of 1
- Advanced fuel filter for the price – Baldwin BF9882 Fuel Filter/Water Separator, 1 Pack
- Effective and easiest to install – XDP Duramax CAT Adapter with 1R-0750, Bleeder Screw & Spacer
- What are the best Duramax fuel filters?
A fuel filter is an essential part of your vehicle’s motor and as its name suggests, it filters the fuel and prevents any dust particles from entering the motor. There are a number of aftermarket manufacturers that produce high-quality fuel filters which make for a better replacement for the stock ones. Here we’ve got some of the best Duramax fuel filters for your truck that will enhance the flow of fuel and completely decontaminate it before pumping it into the cylinders.
Every component in your truck that’s linked to the engine contributes towards performance and a duel filter is one such component. So when the time comes to replace a worn-out filter, performance gains are guaranteed. Which is why it’s important that you choose the right fuel filter for your Duramax. Read on to see what is the best Duramax Fuel Filter for you!
The 5 Best Duramax Fuel Filters:
- 6.6 Duramax Diesel Fuel Filter with Seals | for 2001-2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 3500 HD Express GMC Sierra 2500HD 3500HD Savana | Replaces# TP3018, TP3012, 12664429, 12633243 – the best duramax fuel filter
- ACDelco TP3018 Professional Fuel Filter with Seals
- WIX Filters – 33960 Heavy Duty Spin-On Fuel Water Separator, Pack of 1
- Baldwin BF9882 Fuel Filter/Water Separator, 1 Pack
- XDP Duramax CAT Adapter with 1R-0750, Bleeder Screw & Spacer
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
All the information and opinions you find on Mechanicguides.com come from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple with 11 years of auto industry experience. We look at the latest market research, talk to experts, and draw from our own practical experience to bring you reviews and guides that reflect what you’ll encounter in your garage. For more information about the team, see here.
The best for the value: 6.6 Duramax Diesel Fuel Filter with Seals | for 2001-2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 3500 HD Express GMC Sierra 2500HD 3500HD Savana | Replaces# TP3018, TP3012, 12664429, 12633243 – the best Duramax fuel filter
- PERFORMANCE FILTER: Keeping a clean fuel filter in your car can reduce damage done to your engine and other fuel delivery components. This fuel filter can capture 98 percent of water contaminants, ensuring a steady flow of clean, dry diesel fuel for optimal engine performance
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Outstanding filtration matters, that is why our 6.6 fuel filter is crafted from high-grade filter medium that provide maximum filtration and minimal flow restriction. Deliver increased flow and efficiency that are demanded in the diesel environment
- LONG LIFE-SPAN: The duramax filter has went through rigorously testing so that you will get a fairly reliable fuel filter, features anticaustic housing, multi-layer filter and superior sealing components to ensure leakage resistance and extreme durability under various operating conditions
- FITMENTS: with 6.6L Duramax Diesel | 2001-2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 3500HD, 2001-2006 Silverado 3500, 2007 Silverado 2500HD Classic 3500 Classic, 12-16 Express 2500 3500 4500 | 2001-2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD 3500HD, 01-06 Sierra 3500, 07 Sierra 2500HD Classic 3500 Classic, 12-16 GMC Savana 2500 3500 4500
- REPLACE OE#: TP3018, TP3012, 12664429, 12633243, 33960XE, LFF6012. Comes with quality rubber o-rings for better sealing
If you’re looking for a well-made filter that’s a great value for money this 6.6 Duramax Diesel Fuel Filter with Seals is the perfect choice for your truck. Its multilayer filtering chambers not only separate water from the fuel but also some foreign particles. All in all, it makes for a good upgrade for the conventional fuel filter.
This fuel filter is made of corrosion-resistant material that lasts longer than your traditional fuel filter and can resist more fuel pressure than the standard component. It also gets a multilayer filtration feature for a high flow rate and purification of the fuel. Its sealing ring is made of heatproof rubber that promises tight sealing for years of hard service.
As for compatibility, this can be fitted to your Duramax 6.6l diesel Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (2001-2016), Silverado 3500 (2001-2006), Silverado 3500 HD (2001-2016), Chevy Express 2500, 3500 and 4500 (2012-2016), Sierra 2500 HD Classic (2007), Sierra 3500 (2001-2006), Sierra Classic (2007), GMC Savana 2500, 3500 and 4500 (2012-2016) models.
Why do we like it?
It’s a great value for money fuel filter that gets the job done. Having gone through rigorous testing to make it durable over the long run, with this filter you can expect a good deal of reliability even if you happen to cover a lot of distances on a daily basis. According to many users, it has a longer lifespan than some of the other conventional filters that need to be changed quite frequently.
- Multilayer filtration
- Great value for money
A great swap for your Duramax filter – ACDelco TP3018 Professional Fuel Filter with Seals
- Help Prevent Dirt, Rust, And Other Fuel Contaminants From Entering The Fuel Delivery System
- Some Gm Genuine Parts May Have Formerly Appeared As Acdelco Gm Original Equipment (Oe), Inlet Type:Threaded
- Gm Genuine Parts Are Designed, Engineered And Tested To Rigorous Standards, And Are Backed By General Motors
- Gm Engineers Design And Validate Oe Parts Specifically For Your Chevrolet, Buick, Gmc, Or Cadillac Vehicle
If you’re looking for something that will perform better than your truck’s stock fuel filter, ACDelco has you covered. ACDelco, as we know, is a renowned brand in the aftermarket parts industry and their TP3018 fuel filter is a trusted product among many users. It’s a genuine GM OE product, one that’s made from high-quality materials for long-lasting usage.
Easy installation and filtration of the fuel
ACDelco’s fuel filter fits most of the trucks that are fitted with a Duramax motor. The package comes with 2 O-rings, one for the top to seal the filter to the housing, and the other one for the bottom bit to seal the drain plug. The installation is fairly easy and takes minimum effort, even if you’re new to vehicle maintenance. The other highlight of this filter is that it stops microscopic dust particles from entering the cylinder heads. The tiny particles can be hazardous for the piston rings and cylinders and can lead to premature wear.
It’s compatible with 2001-2016 Duramax powered trucks including the later model Silverado 2500 HD, Silverado Classic HD 2500, Chevy Express 2500, 3500 and 4500, GMC Sierra 2500 HD, GMC Savana, Sierra 2500HD and Sierra 3500HD. To confirm compatibility with your truck, contact the seller.
Why do we like it?
ACDelco Professional fuel filter is a great choice for your Duramax motor and is a better swap for the standard fuel filter. It may not be the cheapest aftermarket option out there but when you spend this much, you can rest assured that your truck will run on thoroughly filtered fuel for a long time. Speaking of filters, it blocks the smallest dirt elements along with the fuel, so the motor delivers smooth and linear performance and maintains its power for a long time.
Best for the mileage – WIX Filters – 33960 Heavy Duty Spin-On Fuel Water Separator, Pack of 1
- Package Dimensions: 10.414 cms (L) x 10.414 cms (W) x 18.796 cms (H)
- Product Type: Fuel Filter
- Package Quantity: 1
- Country Of Origin: China
WIX Filters offer high-quality products for several automotive applications and the best part is that they’re economical and come with a great deal of durability. A fuel filter is an essential part of the engine and for many Duramax owners, it needs to be heavy-duty. This fuel filter provides the ultimate fuel filtration while maintaining the additives required to make the diesel motor maintain its torque output.
Ultimate fuel purification
When the fuel enters the motor, it needs to be purified before going in and because the fuel is almost never clean enough to be used, it has to go through the essential filtration process. Also, diesel contains some water content which means it is likely to affect your truck’s performance and most importantly the mileage. WIX’s fuel filter has what the brand calls ‘Quickvent’ technology which prevents water from entering the engine along with the fuel.
It’s compatible with several GM trucks including the C5500 Kodiak crew cab 2009, Silverado 2500HD, Silverado 3500HD, GMC C4500 Topkick, Sierra 2500HD, Sierra 3500HD and Silverado 3500HD all from the model years 2008 and 2009. To be sure it’ll fit with your truck, message the seller.
Why do we like it?
WIX Filter is a good product that’s priced competitively. The main highlight of this fuel filter is that it’s easy to install, which means you don’t need to be worried about going to any garage to install it. Also, it provides perfect purification for the fuel and doesn’t allow any rust or dirt particles, as well as water, to enter the motor through fuel injectors.
Advanced fuel filter for the price – Baldwin BF9882 Fuel Filter/Water Separator, 1 Pack
- Reliable, dependable product made by Baldwin Filters Company
- For Chevrolet Ford and GM vehicles
- Reliable Truck or Diesel Engine filter
- BF9882 superseded to new part # BF46062
Fuel contamination is a major concern for many turbo diesel engines and the Duramax is no different. Fortunately, Baldwin’s spin-on fuel filter here comes with something called open ports bowls which help keep the fuel clean and the motor running at optimum efficiency. Their BF9882 filter comes with a port designed to be used with the OE bowl for further filtration.
Budget-friendly option that does the job every time
Fuel systems in modern turbo motors work at higher pressures and extreme tolerances more than ever before. As a result, microscopic particles as tiny as a couple of microns can cause wear, thereby severely damaging the injection system and other high-pressure components to make the cylinders move up and down. With replacement injectors alone for the Duramax costing upwards of $3,000, it really pays to get the right fuel filter for your truck and at this price point, you can’t go wrong with Baldwin’s BF9882. It does a great job of purifying the fuel and sending sparkling clean fuel to the motor. It’s fit for use in any Duramax powered trucks including the Silverado, Sierra, Savana and the Chevy Express that we’ve mentioned earlier in this guide. Again, if you want to be sure it’ll work for your truck, message the seller.
Why do we like it?
For what is basically a budget fuel filter, it promises seamless fuel filtration for your vehicle and is also a pocket-friendly choice. Baldwin’s fuel filter also features a water separator which is always a good addition in terms of better mileage and performance.
Effective and easiest to install – XDP Duramax CAT Adapter with 1R-0750, Bleeder Screw & Spacer
- 2001-2016 GM 6.6L Duramax
- Increased Filtration
- Lower Cost Filter Replacements
- No Modifications To Factory Fuel System Needed
The XDP Duramax CAT Adapter, with its bleeder screw and spacer, might be on the expensive side but it’s a high-quality component that can be easily installed to upgrade your existing fuel system. Among its many highlights, the anodized filter adapter easily threads on to the OEM head, allowing the motor to run more efficiently. For a quick installation, this filter package also comes with a head spacer to allow for more clearance during filter changes. Lastly, XDP also provides an aluminum bleeder screw to substitute the OEM plastic screw that usually breaks during service.
Easy to install
XDP’s Duramax CAT Adapter with 1R-0750 is probably the easiest fuel filter to install so that’s a huge advantage right there. It’s also more than up for the job of the all-important filtration as it supplies cleaner fuel than the stock filter. However, some users have reported that the 2-micron filter that’s shipped with the package can be too restrictive sometimes, causing their trucks to starve for fuel at high RPMs or under heavy load. As for compatibility, this CAT adapter filter is made for GM trucks including the Sierra, the GMC Express and the Silverado 2500 and 3500HD made between 2001 and 2016.
Why do we like it?
Even if there aren’t any dirt particles in the fuel, rusty fuel tanks may have some rust particles that can mix with the fuel and end up reaching the cylinders. This fuel filter purifies the fuel as well as blocks those tiny particles from entering the cylinder. The other big plus point to consider is that this filter is made in the USA, unlike many components from major aftermarket brands that are manufactured in China. So if you are somebody who wants that extra peace of assurance regarding the build, then this American-made filter is the one to go for.
What are the best Duramax fuel filters?
Having a clean fuel filter in your truck can definitely reduce the damage done to your motor’s internal components and the filters that we’ve listed here are all good at capturing the impurities and fine particles.
Starting off with the 6.6 Duramax Diesel Fuel Filter with Seals, its multilayer filtering chambers not only separate water from the fuel but also some foreign particles that will eat up the piston rings if you don’t pay attention. Additionally, it also has a longer lifespan than some of the other conventional filters that may need to be changed often. Next up is ACDelco’s TP3018 Professional Fuel Filter with Seals and WIX Filters’ 33960 Heavy Duty Spin-On Fuel Water Separator. Both are premium aftermarket components that do a better job of fuel filtration than the stock Duramax filter. On the contrary, Baldwin’s BF9882 is a budget option that promises seamless fuel filtration. It also features a water separator which is always a good addition for improving your gas mileage. Lastly, we have XDP’s Duramax CAT Adapter with 1R-0750, which takes the least amount of time and effort to install. More importantly, it’s also very capable of getting rid of impurities before the fuel reaches the injectors for a clean and efficient operation.