By lifting a truck, you offer it more ground clearance, improve its looks (give it a new stance, essentially), and enable the use of larger wheels and tires. If done right, you can achieve most of it without deteriorating the overall balance (as in the ride and handling) of the truck.
But lifting isn’t just for the looks. Your truck can be a force to reckon with off the road if it’s lifted. If you’re looking at achieving that (or just want the truck to have a more aggressive stance), you should read our latest feature about lift kits for the Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD. Not only will you be able to choose a lift kit depending on your needs, but you’ll also get an idea about the positives and negatives of each product. So here we have the list of products fighting for the title of best lift kit for Chevy 2500HD:
- The 5 Best Lift Kits for Chevy 2500HD:
- Our Recommendations
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- Massive lift: Rough Country 6-inch Lift Kit (with N3 shocks) – the best lift kit for Chevy 2500HD
- Adjustable lift: Supreme Suspensions – Full Lift Kit for Chevrolet Silverado
- Bolt-on kit: Rough Country 3-inch Lift Kit with N3 shocks and forged control arms
- Shocks included: WULF Lift kit for Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD with Pro-Comp Shocks
- Inexpensive choice: Glorider Full Lift Kit for Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
- What is the best lift kit for Chevy 2500HD?
The 5 Best Lift Kits for Chevy 2500HD:
- Rough Country 6-inch Lift Kit (with N3 shocks) – the best lift kit for chevy 2500 HD
- Supreme Suspensions – Full Lift Kit for Chevrolet Silverado
- Rough Country 3-inch Lift Kit with N3 shocks and forged control arms
- WULF Lift kit for Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD with Pro-Comp Shocks
- Glorider Full Lift Kit for Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
We strive to always give you genuine, accurate information. To do this, all of mechanicguides.com reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience. This knowledge comes from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple who has 11 years of experience in the auto industry. For more information, see here.
Massive lift: Rough Country 6-inch Lift Kit (with N3 shocks) – the best lift kit for Chevy 2500HD
Six inches is a huge deal when it comes to lift, and the Rough Country lift kit offers that with an included set of shocks, the Rough Country N3 shocks. This heavy-duty kit also comes with all the necessary equipment to make this upgrade perfect for your Chevy 2500 HD. And since it’s made by a reputed brand, you wouldn’t want to miss this one.
We’ll take a look at what’s included in the kit, but before that, let’s see what the main benefits of installing this lift kit are. First off, it opens up a huge amount of ground clearance — that’s bound to improve the truck’s ability off the road. With that huge clearance, you can run bigger tires as well — the recommended size is 35 x 12.5. In conjunction with the included shocks, the Rough Country setup maintains factory ride quality, mentions the brand.
Some modification required
The kit includes four N3 series shocks, necessary hardware for the installation, lifted bars for the rear and lifted knuckles (CNC machined) for the front, front and rear cross members (laser cut), differential drop brackets, CV spacers, sway-bar links, U-bolts, and a lower integrated HD skid plate. Rough Country mentions that you’ll need to slightly modify the front differential and depending on the model, you might need to have an exhaust reroute modification as well.
What do we think of it?
The Rough Country setup is compatible with 2001 – 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD trucks (4WD). You can check with the seller about any finer compatibility details. It’s backed by Rough Country’s lifetime replacement warranty, with a 3-year warranty on the shocks/struts.
It looks like a great package if you’re looking to add some serious lift to your truck without compromising on the ride and handling balance. Users like the results and appreciate the installation that’s not too difficult if you’re familiar with your truck.
- Entire setup
- Six-inch lift
- Comes with replacement shocks
Adjustable lift: Supreme Suspensions – Full Lift Kit for Chevrolet Silverado
- FITMENT: 2001 - 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD, 2000 - 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD (2WD 4WD), 2001 - 2010 GMC Sierra 1500HD, 2000 - 2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD and 3500HD (2WD 4WD). Fits 8-Lug Models Only.
- CONTENTS: 2x Adjustable Front Torsion Keys, 2x Rear Lift Blocks with 9/16th Pins, 4x Square Bend U-Bolts, 2x Front Shock Mount Extenders, Installation Hardware, Installation Instructions and Supreme Suspensions Pro Pack
- TECHNICAL NOTES: 3 inch front and 1.5 inch rear suspension lift. This Kit Includes 4x U-Bolts: 9/16" Threads, 12" Long x 2.5" Wide.
- INSTALLATION: Easy bolt-on installation takes 3 to 6 hours. A torsion bar puller, or 5 ton gear puller is required for install. An alignment is always recommended if you are altering the height of your vehicle.
- BENEFITS: Improves the look of your vehicle and increases ground clearance, allowing you to fit larger custom rims and tires. Our front MAX-Torsion Keys will provide an adjustable lift height according to your preference and offer increased strength compared to factory keys.
The Supreme Suspensions Lift Kit for the Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD is available with a choice of up to a 3-inch lift at the front and a variety of degrees of lift at the rear (1 inch to a maximum of 3 inches). The model we have here allows you to adjust up to 3 inches at the front and 1.5 inches at the rear. This not only raises the truck but also levels the front to the rear, therefore eliminating the factory rake. The front lift is adjustable, which makes getting your desired lift and look possible with the Supreme Suspensions kit.
It’s a bolt-on installation, takes about 3 – 6 hours, and apart from the regular tools, you’d also need a torsion-bar puller or a 5-ton-gear puller for the task. Like in the case of most modifications made to chassis, suspension, or wheels, Supreme Suspensions suggests getting an alignment done after installing the kit. The kit includes installation hardware, instructions, U-bolts, 2 rear-lift blocks, 2 front-shock-mount extenders, and 2 adjustable front MAX-Torsion keys.
Rear lift blocks made of aluminum
Supreme Suspensions says that the lift kit is made to have twice the strength of the factory system. The rear lift blocks are made of aircraft-grade aluminum from a solid piece, so they’re bound to offer no compromises in strength. The shock absorber extensions enable the use of factory shocks and so will help save you from the need to buy replacement/upgrade shocks.
What do we think of it?
The Supreme Suspensions lift kit for the Chevrolet 2500 HD isn’t just a lift kit but also brings with itself the convenience of being able to adjust the front height. That way you can choose the desired stance of your truck. The shock extenders enable the use of existing shocks.
Compatible with only the 4WD versions of the Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD, the lift kit can be fitted to the truck with the model years 2000 – 2010. You can check with the seller about any other details. Another thing you should ask the seller about is the warranty. The listing sadly has no information about it.
- Adjustable lift
- Bolt-on installation
- Missing warranty info
- Give your GM HD the perfect blend of performance, protection, and style from Rough Country.
- Increased ground clearance | Premium N3 Shock Absorbers the best in performance for on and off road use.
- Torsion Bar Keys / Forged Solid Steel | Upper Controls Arms / POM Ball Joints / Clevite OEM Style Rubber Bushings.
- Easy at Home Bolt-On Installation Supported by RC
- Backed by Rough Country's Lifetime Replacement - Shocks 3 Years.
If you’re looking for an overall lift of 3 inches that still gives the Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD an aggressive stance without having to do any modification, the Rough Country Lift Kit fits the job. It’s a 100 percent bolt-on kit, increases the ground clearance, and also levels the front of the vehicle with the rear.
As part of the kit, you get forged torsion bar keys, forged upper control arms, rear lift blocks, N3 nitrogen-charged shocks (for both the front and rear), U-bolts, ball joint caps, and the necessary hardware required for the installation. Talking of installation, it’s expected to take about 3 – 4 hours and Rough Country includes a well-detailed instruction manual.
Can run 33-inch tires
There are a few things to note about the lift kit. It won’t work with models with dual rear wheels or the ones with rear overload springs. The included keys are indexed to not stress factory components. And the installation won’t require any cutting, drilling, or welding, either. The lift kit gives enough clearance to run 33-inch tires. That won’t affect your ride and handling, because the included N3 shocks are said to offer good ride both on the road and off it.
What do we think of it?
The Rough Country 3-inch lift kit is a complete solution for someone looking to raise their truck but without adding too much lift or modifying the factory components/arrangements. It’s backed by a lifetime replacement warranty, with shocks covered for 3 years. The lift kit is compatible with Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD (2WD and 4WD) with the model years 2001 – 2010. Drop the seller a message if there’s any other query, before making the purchase. Users recommend the product saying it not just makes the truck look good, but it also drives well.
- Complete kit
- Bolt-on installation
- Shocks included
Shocks included: WULF Lift kit for Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD with Pro-Comp Shocks
- FITS: 2001-2010 Chevrolet Silverado GMC Sierra 2500 3500 / HD 2WD / 4WD
- CONTENTS: Front Lift Torsion Keys, Rear Lift Blocks, Extended U bolts, Front and Rear ProComp Extended Shocks (may ship separately), Hardware
- NOTES: 1-3” Adjustable front lift height, Rear blocks have a built-in taper so that angled shim is not necessary
- INSTALLATION: Bolt on kit. Comes with step by step instructions for DIY backyard mechanic
- 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 - Fast Shipping. Lifetime Warranty. Dedicated Customer Service. Call or message us with any questions!
The WULF kit for Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD has an adjustable front lift (1 – 3 inches) and a 3-inch rear lift. It also includes a set of (four) Pro Comp shocks. The kit is made for 8-lug models only but will work with both 2WD and 4WD variants of the Silverado 2500 HD.
Pro Comp nitrogen shocks included
For the front, it gets 1-3-inch adjustable lift steel torsion keys and Pro Comp Nitrogen shocks. For the rear, it gets 3-inch fabricated steel angled lift blocks, zinc-coated U-bolts, and a corresponding Nitrogen shocks pair.
The kit comes complete with the necessary hardware, but if you’re running factory overload leaf springs, you’ll need to purchase longer U-bolts — these need to be specified to the seller. Another note the brand has added is that you’d need a torsion key unloading tool for this.
What do we think of it?
The WULF lift kit for Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD is compatible with trucks with the model years 2001 – 2010. It comes with a lifetime warranty and a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. The brand also accepts returns for unused items. Drop the seller a message with queries about compatibility, warranty, etc. If you’re looking for an inexpensive lift kit that also comes with replacement shocks, this deserves a second look.
- Complete kit
Inexpensive choice: Glorider Full Lift Kit for Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
If you’re looking for an inexpensive lift kit for your Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD truck, then this, the Glorider Full Lift Kit for Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD, is worth looking at. It’s available at a low price, but still offers an adjustable lift at the front and a predefined lift at the rear.
Adjustable lift at the front
The model we have here has a 1 to 3-inch front lift (adjustable) and 2-inch rear suspension lift. The kit includes 2 heavy-duty forged steel front adjustable torsion keys, 2 carbon steel front shock extenders, carbon steel rear lift blocks, 4 zinc-plated extended U-bolts, and an installation guide. Keep in mind that this is only a lift kit and doesn’t include shocks like some of the more expensive kits mentioned on the list.
Apart from offering an adjustable lift at the front and a 2-inch lift at the rear, the lift kit also allows the use of larger tires. Its components are made with a powder-coated finish, which further protects it from rust. The forged torsion keys up front are stronger than factory items. That’s complemented by the steel rear blocks, also known for strength. The installation instruction guide is included in the kit, and Glorider says it’s an easy installation with basic hand tools. And as is the case with other lift kits, an alignment is recommended once the height of the vehicle is changed.
What do we think of it?
The full lift kit for Chevrolet 2500 HD is made for the 8-lug models only. Both 2WD and 4WD models of the Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD with the model years 2001 – 2010 are compatible with the kit. The listing mentions the product is backed by a lifetime warranty and free exchange. Check with the seller if you have any further queries.
- No shocks included
What is the best lift kit for Chevy 2500HD?
The best lift kit for Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD is ideally the one that lets you enjoy the benefits of a lift but without going away from the factory ride and handling. If you’re after a massive lift, then it’s hard to ignore the Rough Country setup with N3 shocks. It’s got 6 inches of lift, and to complement that, there is a set of N3 shocks as well. A choice like Supreme Suspensions or WULF Lift kit offers adjustable lifts at the front and a predefined one at the rear. Like most others, the Rough Country 3-inch lift kit offers a bolt-on solution and comes with a set of front and rear shocks. But if you want to just lift the truck without spending on the shocks, the inexpensive Glorider Full Kit is worth taking a look at as well.