- The 3 Best 6.0 Powerstroke Heads:
- Our Recommendations
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- Stock replacement: DK – FD6.0Loaded Cylinder Heads (2) with Valve Train – the best 6.0 Powerstroke head
- Value offering: Mophorn Cylinder Head for Ford Powerstroke
- Backed by a warranty: ADV Cylinder Heads new heads for Ford Powerstroke
- What are the best 6.0 Powerstroke Heads?
Today, we’re talking about the Powerstroke — an engine that has, over the years, gained a loyal fan following. Its use in popular Ford trucks is largely responsible for it. But before Ford jumped in and started making the engine all by themselves, it was produced by Navistar. The 6.0 Powerstroke belongs to that generation.
This V8 diesel engine has a firm hold in the history books, but sadly, it’s not remembered for all the right reasons. Having been in the market for almost a decade, it’s not that the engine is a lemon, but it’s got its fair share of problems. As commentators have mentioned, in the stock form, the engine runs just fine—as long as it’s not neglected. It’s run into some head gasket/bolt-related issues in the past. If you’re looking at replacing the head, you’ve come to the right place. In our latest feature, we’ll take a look at the best 6.0 Powerstroke heads.
The 3 Best 6.0 Powerstroke Heads:
- DK – FD6.0Loaded Cylinder Heads (2) with Valve Train – the best 6.0 Powerstroke heads
- Mophorn Cylinder Head for Ford Powerstroke
- ADV Cylinder Heads new heads for Ford Powerstroke
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
All the information and opinions you find on Mechanicguides.com come from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple with 11 years of auto industry experience. We look at the latest market research, talk to experts, and draw from our own practical experience to bring you reviews and guides that reflect what you’ll encounter in your garage. For more information about the team, see here.
Stock replacement: DK – FD6.0Loaded Cylinder Heads (2) with Valve Train – the best 6.0 Powerstroke head
- Ford 6.0 Powerstroke Complete Cylinder Head Pair
- Improved / Redesigned Head
- Brand new valves, springs, retainer, and locks
- No Cores required
- MOST ORDERS SHIP SAME DAY**
DK Engine Parts’s set of cylinder heads for Ford PowerStroke makes for a good stock replacement. It includes redesigned heads, new valves, springs, seats, seals, retainers, and keepers. A variety of dowel pin and head gasket options are available. This one has a 20 mm dowel pin size. There’s also a choice of O-ring heads, which offer improved sealing. Along with the cylinder head, you also get hardened seats and injector cups.
Made of cast iron
This new casting isn’t new just for the sake of it. It comes with strengthened areas around the glow plugs and seats. This helps prevent cracks and makes the head more durable. Made of cast iron, the entire set weighs 75 pounds. It’s made for the 6-liter Powerstroke V8 diesel-engined trucks with VIN Code ‘P’.
What do we think of it?
The DK Engine Parts Ford Powerstroke heads set is compatible with the 6.0 Ford Powerstroke engined trucks with the model years 2003 – 2007. The manufacturer’s website suggests a different period of trucks for compatibility, so please check with the seller about the correct model years. The Amazon listing has no info about the warranty, but the brand has a limited 1-year warranty. Check with the seller if that applies to Amazon purchases as well. Most users appreciate that the heads work well. No core return required on this one.
- Complete head pair
Value offering: Mophorn Cylinder Head for Ford Powerstroke
- Perfectly Suited: This cylinder head has been specifically designed for the Ford F series. It has a great compatibility with the Ford F-250 F-350 F-450 F-550 03-07 6.0L power stroke diesel 18 mm, and ensures excellent stability.
- Robust Iron Structure: Built from industrial-grade cast iron, our cylinder head is tolerant to the extreme pressure generated inside cylinders and resistant to high temperatures and abrasion. Give up disappointing cylinders, and we got what you are looking for.
- Highly Stable ＆ More Efficient: These are nothing like those ordinary cylinder heads that bring you dissatisfaction. Ours features fantastic performance. Add this cylinder head to your engine, and drive at lower noise with a higher power transfer efficiency.
- Fully assembled ＆ Tested: All our cylinder heads have been fully assembled, carefully packed, and are waiting to get into your hands. Replace your cylinder heads and start to experience the smooth ride you have been missing out on.
- Widely Used: As a quality cylinder head, this has been used on lots of Ford engines. Replace your old malfunctioning cylinder head with our newly improved one, and you will feel your engine running smoothly like never before.
If you’re looking at more economical choices, then the Mophorn Cylinder Head for Ford Powerstroke makes a lot of sense. The model here is specced with an 18 mm Dowel Pin. It’s a cylinder head pair, so this will be your one-stop-shop for cylinder head replacement — on a budget, that is.
Apart from the cylinder head pair, the kit also includes brand new valves, springs, retainers, and locks. At 77 pounds it’s only slightly heavier than the DK Engine Parts product. It’s also claimed to be factory-tested. It’s ready to be installed atop your current engine (with the old cylinder head out, obviously) — without any modification.
What do we think of it?
The Mophorn Cylinder Head for Ford Powerstroke is a cost-effective pair of cylinder heads. There’s no information about the warranty, so we’d suggest you drop the seller a message about it. Regarding the compatibility, according to the listing, the Mophorn Cylinder Head is compatible with Ford trucks powered by the 6-liter V8 diesel with the model years 2000 – 2008. This selection includes the Powerstroke variants of the Ford F-150, F-250, F-350, F-550, and Super Duty.
Users have left mixed reviews. While it’s worked out straight out of the box for some, a few users mention that the overall quality could be better. Further adding to its price appeal is the fact that you don’t have to return the existing core.
Backed by a warranty: ADV Cylinder Heads new heads for Ford Powerstroke
- This listing is for a pair of Brand New 6.0 Diesel Cast# 080 18MM dowel pin heads.
- Highest grade of material used in manufacturing
- Thicker decks for greater strength & superior port finish for increased flow
- Improved flow design to resist cracking & redesigned water flow
- CNC machined guides and seats with a 3 angle valve finish
Made for the Ford 6.0 Powerstroke, the ADV Cylinder Heads pair comes with a huge promise of having its fuel rails and cylinder head pressure tested. The new heads also get new injector cups installed from the manufacturer. In addition to that, with the help of reinforced castings, the set of cylinder heads is more durable and less prone to cracking.
Core return required
It’s made with 18 mm dowel pin heads, comes assembled from ADV, and is ready to be fitted on to your engine. The heads don’t have cam seals installed, though. Also, you’d need to send the existing core to ADV to enjoy the price the head set is being sold at. The core should match the heads you’ve bought, and ADV includes a prepaid return label to make it easier for you to send the core within 21 days of delivery of the new heads.
What do we think of it?
The pair of heads is made for the 6.0-liter-engined Ford F-250, F-350, F-450, and F-550 with the model years 2002 – 2006. It’s backed by a 3-year, unlimited mile warranty, as well. But keep in mind that the warranty can be considered dissolved if the cylinder head overheats. ADV mentions that you should make sure that all other parts like your cooling system, thermostat, etc. are in good condition. The cylinder heads come with a heat tab and removal of which will cause a warranty loss.
What are the best 6.0 Powerstroke Heads?
A cylinder head, as the name suggests, sits atop the cylinders in a conventional internal combustion engine. It’s instrumental in combustion (it holds the valves, fuel injectors, and in the case of gas engines — spark plugs) and therefore is an important component of the engine.
If you’re looking for a replacement cylinder head for the 6.0 Powerstroke, there are two ways of going about it. One is to get one straight from Ford, but if you want to keep the costs in check, the aftermarket choices are surely worth considering. Depending on the model you choose here, you may be required to send the core part to the respective cylinder-head brand (to be eligible for a special price).
If you choose the ADV Cylinder Heads one, you’ll have to send the core (it comes with a prepaid return label, so you don’t have to bear any extra costs). But on the bright side, it’s backed by a solid 3-year warranty, has new components installed by the manufacturer, and is pressure-tested as well. It comes assembled from ADV, but you’ll need to procure cam seals for the final installation.
The Mophorn cylinder head set includes a pair of cylinder heads, new valves, retainers, springs, and locks. It’s ready to be installed and comes tested from the factory. It’s a value-oriented product and works well in that regard.
The DK Engine Parts cylinder head set is available in a variety of bowel pin and O-ring options. The one we have here has a 20 mm dowel pin, and comes with hardened seals and injector cups. It’s said to be stronger in crucial areas, which means it will ideally last longer than factory/replacement heads.
Exhaust For 7.3 Powerstroke
Air Filter For 6.0 Powerstroke
Tuner For 6.7 Powerstroke
Tuner For 7.3 Powerstroke
Tuner For 6.0 Powerstroke
Air Filter For 7.3 Powerstroke
Oil For 6.7 Powerstroke
Oil For 6.0 Powerstroke
Cold Air Intake For 6.7 Powerstroke
Tuner For 6.4 Powerstroke
6.0 Powerstroke Heads
Oil Filter For 6.7 Powerstroke