- Best Tuner & Programmer for 5.7 Hemi Ram – Ram 1500
- The 4 Best Tuners for 5.7 Hemi Ram – RAM 1500:
- Our Recommendation
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- Great Value: SUPERCHIPS 3845 FLASHPAQ F5 TUNER – the best tuner for 5.7 Hemi Ram – RAM 1500
- Great Pick: BULLY DOG 40470 BDX PERFORMANCE PROGRAMMER
- Fully Loaded: BULLY DOG 40410 GT PERFORMANCE TUNER
- DIABLOSPORT 9345 TRINITY T2 EX PERFORMANCE PROGRAMMER
- What is the best tuner for a 5.7 Hemi Ram?
- What is the Best Performance Chip for 5.7 Hemi – RAM 1500?
Best Tuner & Programmer for 5.7 Hemi Ram – Ram 1500
Unlock more horsepower and torque by using one of these best tuners for the Ram’s 5.7L Hemi. Having a reliable tuner is one of the most powerful ways to improve an engine’s performance. When Ram produces their trucks, they typically structure the ECU in a way that works for all drivers. But owners can still maximize engine output by calibrating parameters through tuning. With proper tuning, you can experience smoother shifting, boosted speed, and increased fuel economy. If you own a 5.7 Hemi Ram, read on to see which tuners will work best for you.
[Want to learn more about tuners, tunes, and programmers? Read our Ultimate Guide to Tuners, Programmers, and Chips.]
The 4 Best Tuners for 5.7 Hemi Ram – RAM 1500:
- SUPERCHIPS 3845 FLASHPAQ F5 TUNER – the best tuner for 5.7 Hemi Ram – RAM 1500
- BULLY DOG 40470 BDX PERFORMANCE PROGRAMMER
- BULLY DOG 40410 GT PERFORMANCE TUNER
- DIABLOSPORT 9345 TRINITY T2 EX PERFORMANCE PROGRAMMER
|Our Pick||Great Pick||Fully Loaded|
|Name||SUPERCHIPS FLASHPAQ F5 TUNER||BULLY DOG 40470 BDX PERFORMANCE PROGRAMMER||BULLY DOG GT PERFORMANCE TUNER||DIABLOSPORT TRINITY T2 EX PROGRAMMER|
|Details||Check Amazon||Check Amazon Check eBay||Check Amazon||Check Amazon|
|Name||SUPERCHIPS FLASHPAQ F5 TUNER|
|Name||BULLY DOG 40470 BDX PERFORMANCE PROGRAMMER|
|Details||Check Amazon Check eBay|
|Name||BULLY DOG GT PERFORMANCE TUNER|
|Name||DIABLOSPORT TRINITY T2 EX PROGRAMMER|
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
All the information and opinions you find on Mechanicguides.com come from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple with 11 years of auto industry experience. We look at the latest market research, talk to experts, and draw from our own practical experience to bring you reviews and guides that reflect what you’ll encounter in your garage. For more information about the team, see here.
Great Value: SUPERCHIPS 3845 FLASHPAQ F5 TUNER – the best tuner for 5.7 Hemi Ram – RAM 1500
You can skip aftermarket parts and just use the Superchips 3845 Flashpaq F5 Tuner to get that horsepower! This simple and functional handheld tuner will allow you to install pre-loaded tunes or manually alter them afterward to help you improve the capabilities of your truck. You can also monitor up to eight parameters with the device, but unfortunately it doesn’t have a mount.
- Brand New Superchips Flashpaq F5 In-Cab Tuner, HEMI Gasoline & 5.9L/6.7L Cummins Diesel, Compatible with 1998-2014 Dodge RAM & Chrysler Vehicles (Superchips Part #3845)
- The Flashpaq covers HEMI gas trucks & 5.9L & 6.7L Cummins diesel engines. Whether you are driving a 5.7L HEMI truck, Chrysler 300C, or a Cummins diesel, this tuner is designed to deliver a quick, safe power that will bring instant impressive gains & features. Fitting in the palm of your hand, the Dodge/RAM Flashpaq plugs directly your car or truck diagnostic port & includes an intuitive menu structure to select a performance, tow, or economy tune.
- All coverage, both gas diesel, is 50 state legal in the Flashpaq. This is a performance tuner that offers more bang for your buck than anything else on the market.
- Features: Corrects speedometer for tire upgrades between 26-40" | Speedometer re-calibration for gear/axle swaps up to 5.38 | Transfer case gear low: 2.72-5.00 | Sway bar disconnect in 2HI (up to 25 MPH) | Daytime running light options | 1 touch lane change on/off | TPMS On/Off | TPMS Adjust | Fog light droput on/off | Daytime running light dropout on/off |
- NOTE: Features may vary based on year, make & model | NOTE: 2011-14 Ram 5.7L 2500 & 3500 models are not supported by this product | NOTE: Does not support CAB & Chassis applications
Solid Construction and an All-New Processor
The Superchips 3845 Flashpaq F5 Tuner is a solid device so don’t worry if you accidentally drop it a few times. It’s also ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in your hand. The all-new processor inside makes it a worth-while upgrade – especially if you’re coming from an older Superchips programmer. The installation procedure is quick, max 30 minutes, and then you can start having fun improving your truck’s performance. And like the Bully Dog BDX, the Superchips Flashpaq can also scan and clear the DTC trouble codes yourself.
[Want an even easier way to improve your Ram’s performance? We have a guide to the best headers for the 5.7 Hemi Ram.]
Automatic Stock Backup and 5 Pre-Loaded Tunes
As you start tuning your vehicle, the device will show you a progress bar. It helps you figure out whether the device is communicating well with your ECU or if there’s a problem going on. It also automatically backs up your stock tune before it overwrites it. That way, you can always go back to the original manufacturer’s settings in case you change your mind on how you modified your truck.
The Superchips Flashpaq F5 Tuner comes with five pre-loaded tunes:
- Tow – if you need to pull loads.
- MileageXS SAVE – to increase fuel efficiency. Ideal if you’re using your truck on a daily basis.
- 87 Octane – the most basic tune which changes your air and fuel mixture and firms up your shift points.
- Performance 91 – meant for 91 octane fuel; if you are looking for the best upgrade, this is highly recommended
- Performance 93 – for an aggressive performance tune, check this out! It will increase your speed, drivability, and gas mileage instantly.
Why should you buy it?
With its updated processor, its easy installation, and affordable price, the Superchips Flashpaq F5 is one of our favorites. It comes with five pre-loaded tunes, making it easy for you to start improving your truck as soon as you connect it to your truck. It’s also easy to see the installation progress and you know you can go back to stock anytime with its automatic backup. And don’t forget about its ability to monitor eight parameters – so you can see how much better your truck is with the F5.
- Sturdy construction
- Monitors and records up to 8 gauges
- Reads and clears DTCs
- Cannot be mounted
Great Pick: BULLY DOG 40470 BDX PERFORMANCE PROGRAMMER
Fall in love with your truck all over again with the Bully Dog 40470 BDX Performance Programmer. This tuner will give you the power to pull heavy loads or increase speed and drivability through its well-structured tunes. It works well on some model years of the Ram 1500 with 5.7 Hemi, but not on the Ram 2500 and Ram 3500 versions. You can go to the Bully Dog website to check if this device will work for you..
- Wide make & model fit – Works on Ford, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Chevrolet, GM, Cadillac, & Toyota applications. Enter your vehicle above to verify compatibility. Please contact Bully Dog support for assistance.
- Wifi connectivity – Updates and a vast library of preloaded tune files downloaded from the cloud
- Real -time monitor – Monitor key vehicle data on full-color on-screen virtual gauges
- Code clearing – Diagnose and clear trouble codes to ensure proper engine operation
- Mounted or handled – Easy-to-use push-button interface for quick changes or the sleek design looks great mounted.FLASH & GO – Quick flashing technology gets your vehicle tuned and on the road quick
Small and Handheld
The Bully Dog 40470 BDX Performance Programmer is a handheld tuner that is about the size of your smartphone. It has a full-color display making it easy to read the screen. It’s not touch screen but it has sleek buttons immediately under the screen to help you navigate. You can use it as a handheld device or mount it on your windshield, although it may be a a little bulky. There’s a magnet on the back of it that will stick to a specialized windshield mount that you can purchase separately.
Space for 10 Custom Tunes and Can Clear Trouble Codes
The Bully Dog 40470 BDX Performance Programmer doesn’t have pre-loaded tunes. But you can purchase and save up to 10 custom tunes from Bully Dog or a local trusted tuner. Just let them know where you want to improve your truck’s performance so they can program a tune that will meet your goals and account for any aftermarket parts you’ve added. These custom tunes are like a bespoke suit for your truck – it knows everything that’s on your truck and knows how to make it “look” (work) damn well.
Plus, if you’ve encountered those dreaded engine warning lights on your truck, you can easily view trouble codes and clear them through the device. That’s massive savings by fixing it yourself or with a mechanic that can give you a deal instead of visiting a dealership to do a scan.
Three Ways for Seamless Installation
There are three ways to download custom tunes or update the firmware: via Wi-Fi connection, through your computer, or by downloading the updater software from the Bully Dog site. Once you’ve downloaded your custom tune, you can immediately load it up on your truck’s computer and let it work alone, or do additional calibrations on the parameters, if you want an added oomph.
Regular Updates Mean Less Problems
The BDX needs to run an update before you start doing anything with it. It’ll help make sure that the tuning process and whatever else you use it for will run seamlessly and error-free. Bully Dog habitually updates their devices to fix issues. It’ll also allow you to take advantage of their added calibration updates, which is super helpful if you have one of the latest Ram models.
Why should you buy it?
Well, tune installation is quick and easy. There isn’t much of a learning curve because of its straightforward instructions. You just need to connect the cable to your OBDII port and turn on your engine so that your ECU is running and your tuner can connect to it. The entire tuning process will only take you 15 minutes max.
You can also purchase up to 10 custom tunes. With these custom tunes, it’ll make sure that you have the right calibrations for everything that’s on your truck and for what you want to achieve with it. You’ll also be able to immediately fix any trouble codes that you see in your dashboard so you can make the call on if you can fix it yourself or if this problem is something to throw some money at.
- Saves up to 10 custom tunes
- Full color display
- Regular calibration updates
- Bit bulky for mounting
Fully Loaded: BULLY DOG 40410 GT PERFORMANCE TUNER
The Bully Dog 40410 GT Performance Tuner does four things – tune, monitor, conduct performance tests, and ID engine errors. With all these features, you don’t need to purchase lots of devices. This small, yet power-packed device can help improve your truck and keep it working perfectly by just installing it via your OBDII port and mounting it on your dash.
- Wide make & model fit - Works with select Ford, Lincoln, Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac, Nissan applications. Enter your vehicle above to verify compatibility. Please contact Bully Dog support for assistance.
- 50 state compliant - Meets emission requirements in all 50 states with dyno-proven tunes that add power, torque and fuel economy
- Heads up display - Monitor over 15 performance parameters at a glance with a dynamic LCD display mounted on a pillar, window, or dash
- Multiple preloaded tunes - Access four preloaded tunes with the touch of a few buttons to maximize performance in any situation
- Code clearing - Diagnose and clear trouble codes to ensure proper engine operation
Comes With Everything Out of the Box
The Bully Dog 40410 GT Performance Tuner’s display is full-color and even though there’s no touchscreen, there are buttons on each side of the screen to help you navigate quickly. The package comes with the unit, a MicroSD card to store the datalog and performance records, a plug adaptor, main wire harness, power line, and suction mount. You don’t need to buy anything else!
Lots of Monitoring Options and Your Personal Driving Coach
The display has four stacked rectangles on the left to show numerical data like your RPM and current transmission temperature. The larger area of the screen shows the main parameter in three ways: an analog gauge, an analog gauge with a graph, or just a graph. Along with the gauges you’ll get the Driving Coach. It’s a special monitoring tool exclusive to Bully Dog products that basically judges your driving style. As you drive, it’ll show your driving efficiency and how much energy is wasted due to any poor habits. If you get a high rating, that means you’re maximizing your fuel mileage.
See How Awesome Your Truck is Now with Performance Tests
Another great feature are the Performance Tests. They help you see the changes in your power and speed after installing a tune. A fun test to do is the 0-60 mph test. Get ready to see how quickly you can reach 60mph after using this tuner! Additionally, you can check the improvements on torque and horsepower when you’re preparing to pull a heavy load. Just don’t forget to set the appropriate weight of your vehicle so you can get accurate data.
Why should you buy it?
The Bully Dog 40410 GT Performance Tuner doesn’t only increase your truck’s horsepower, torque, and fuel efficiency, it’ll also let you monitor several parameters through its well-designed display. Combined with the Driving Coach and the Performance Tests, you’ll find lots of ways to maximize your truck’s performance and improve your driving habits.
- Performance tests show you the truck’s improvements after a tune
- Driving Coach tells you how you can maximize your driving style
- Shows gauges on the screen in numerical or in graphical view
- Not touchscreen
DiabloSport 9345 Trinity T2 EX is one of the newest performance programmers that offers direct updates on different Dodge RAMs with a 5.7 Hemi engine. It has high-performance tunes that will improve the drivability of your car and increase fuel economy. Adjustable parameters include spark timing tables, fuel tables, Volumetric Efficiency, MAP Resolution, MAF curve adjustment, and so much more! You’ll get a wickedly powerful truck with this monster tuner![If you want to go to town upgrading your Ram, read our Ultimate Guide to Dodge Ram Performance Upgrades. Mods, and Accessories.]
- Pre-loaded, high-performance tunes in addition to custom tuning capability
- 5" capacitive touch screen give you the sharpest graphic display
- Full swipe functionality
- Industry-leading gauge designs
- Jaw dropping power potential and powerful
Lightweight and Optimized for Readability
The DiabloSport 9345 Trinity T2 EX Performance Programmer has a 5-inch, full-color touch screen. It’s lightweight so you can securely mount it on your truck. It is also light-sensitive so the screen will adjust for optimum visibility depending on if its day or night. You can also customize the screen to show up to five gauges to help you figure out whether you still need to calibrate the tune a little more.
3-in-1 Device with Easy Installation
Similar to the Bully Dog GT, the Trinity Programmer has a lot of features rolled into one: it’s a tuner, a gauge monitor, and a data-logger. It’s very user-friendly and can upgrade your ECU in just 15 minutes. Don’t forget to update the firmware through their ignition updater using your computer! It’s super quick – only takes 2 minutes to complete.
We have to be honest though, there is one small issue – the screen freezes once in a while. It typically happens when it it’s been on for more than 3 hours. It’s an easy to fix, though. You just need to disconnect and reconnect the wire from the back of the unit to get it back to normal.
Why should you buy it?
If you want to squeeze every last drop of torque and horsepower out of your vehicle, the DiabloSport 9345 Trinity T2 EX Performance Programmer is a great choice. It has a ChipMaster Revolution (CMR), an exclusive feature developed by DiabloSport to help out those enthusiasts who want to improve their truck’s drivability even more after a tune’s been installed. If your truck likes to lag, the DiabloSport Trinity Programmer can fix it by adjusting the throttle to make it much more responsive. There’s also a ton of parameters you can mess with – get ready for a new truck without spending thousands of dollars!
- Touch screen display
- Light-sensitive screen
- Exclusive ChipMaster Revolution that improves drivability
- Screen Freezes
What is the best tuner for a 5.7 Hemi Ram?
The best tuner for 5.7 Hemi Ram (RAM 1500) is the Superchips Flashpaq F5, from our testing.
Bring back your truck’s power and enjoy your ride even more by getting one of these best tuners for your Hemi Ram today! If you’re looking for a tuner that gives you the capability to use different customized tunes, then the Bully Dog BDX Programmer is your safe bet. If you’re on a budget but you still think your Ram can perform better with a well-tuned ECU, then choose the Superchips Flashpaq F5 because it won’t empty your wallet. On the other hand, if you want to splurge and take advantage of a full-packed features the Bully Dog GT Performance is a must-have. And finally, if you are looking for a powerful tuner that you can quickly navigate through a touchscreen display, get the DiabloSport Trinity T2 EX Programmer.
These recommended tuners will deliver boosted performance to your Hemi. However, if you’re really looking forward to having the best, make sure to get something that can’t just alter the parameters but also can assess the engine errors and monitor your gauges so you can maximize your money’s worth. Other things to consider include the display for easy reading, Wi-Fi connectivity for immediate updates and downloading of new tunes, and ease of use.
What is the Best Performance Chip for 5.7 Hemi – RAM 1500?
The best performance chip for 5.7 Hemi is the Superchips Flashpaq F5 from our testing and review.
How to Get More Power Out of a 5.7 Hemi with Tuning?
Connect the tuner to your truck.
The first step after choosing and purchasing the right tuner is to connect it. For most modern vehicles, you’ll connect through the OBD-II port.
If your tuner comes with an onboard monitor that has a backup camera, then you’ll need to connect the video inputs too.
Certain tuners are handheld so you don’t have to mount those anywhere, but ones with a large screen can be mounted onto the windshield with the help of a suction mount (like standalone GPS devices).
Choosing a tune
And it’s a match! If you select the right tuner for your 5.7 Hemi, it will work the way it’s intended to — letting you get into the nuts and bolts of the computer (so to speak) and adjust the controls and settings to your driving needs. It’s time to make the truck more powerful.
You can either choose from one of the preloaded tunes that come with the device, or buy and download one from the respective tuner’s website. With most tuners, you can also go back to the stock tune, if there’s ever a need.
On the handheld devices, the tuner will upload the tune into the ECU, after which you can disconnect the device. On the larger, fixed ones, you don’t have to disconnect the device — since these also offer live performance stats, errors, etc.
To load a tune, you need to select the tune and follow the onboard instructions. Most likely, to activate the new tune, the device will instruct you to switch the vehicle off and switch it on again, without turning the engine on.
You can also change different parameters.
Every tuner will have a different way of accessing the feature, but most tuners come with a graphical user interface. So navigate through menus and see what parameters can help you get the most out of your truck.
Access other useful features, depending on your tuner
On tuners with an onboard monitor, you can also check if there are any performance issues in real-time. Various error codes can also be cleared with the help of a tuner.
These are some basic steps for tuning a 5.7 Hemi. If you’re after a more advanced approach, getting a tuner and setting your parameters might be the right way forward for you. You can also learn high-level tuning through tuning courses.
Best Tuner for 5.7 Hemi Ram by Years – 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Tuner For 2014 Ram 1500 Hemi
Programmer For 5.3 Silverado
Tuner For 5.4 Triton
Tuner For 6.7 Powerstroke
Tuner For 5.9 Cummins
Tuner For 6.0 Vortec
Tuner For 7.3 Powerstroke
Tuner For 6.0 Powerstroke
Tuner For Camaro Ss
Tuner For F150 Ecoboost
Tuner For Ecoboost Mustang
Tuner For Jeep Jk
Programmer For 4.6 F150
Tuners And Programmers Explained
Tuner For 5.0 F150
Diesel Tuner For 6.7 Cummins
Tuner For 6.4 Powerstroke
Tuner For 5.7 Hemi Ram
Programmer For Gmc Sierra 1500
Diesel Tuner For 6.6 Duramax
Tuner For 2014 Ram 1500 Hemi
Spark Plugs For 5.7 Hemi
Shocks For Dodge Ram 1500 2Wd
Exhaust System For Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi
Shocks For Dodge Dakota 4X4
Fender Flares For Ram 1500
Lift Kit For Ram 1500
Tonneau Cover For Ram 1500
Headers For 5.7 Hemi Ram
Shocks For Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Tires For Ram 1500
Side Steps For Ram 1500
Cold Air Intake For Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Fan Clutch For Dodge Cummins
Floor Mats For Ram 1500
Seat Covers For Ram 1500
20 Inch Tires For Dodge Ram 1500
Tuner For 5.7 Hemi Ram
Ball Joints For Dodge Ram 2500
Shocks For Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4X4
Lift Kit For Dodge Ram 2500
Subwoofer For Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Most Common 5.7 Hemi Issues