Effective as of December 7, 2020.
- the types of information collected about you when you use mechanicguides.com;
- how your information may be used and when it may be disclosed;
- your rights and how you can control this information; and
- how we protect your information.
You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit our website. We may ask you for different types of information when you register for our services (including newsletters), enter one of our competitions, ask to work with us. The types of information we collect include your:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address and phone number
- Age and date of birth
- Other demographic information, such as gender, job information, and postal code
- Public information, including profile information
- Communication preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive
- Correspondence you send to us
Information mechanicguides.com collects automatically
Our website may collect certain information automatically, including:
- Your device type and settings, software used and browser type and operating system
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Websites or other services you visited before and after visiting mechanicguides.com
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within mechanicguides.com
- Information collected through cookies
- Standard server log information
Use of Information
We generally use the information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for services and information, including to send you electronic newsletters
- Enable you to participate in competitions
- Provide you with information, special offers and promotional materials on behalf of mechanicguides.com, companies within our corporate family, and third parties, in accordance with applicable law
- Analyze the use of mechanicguides.com Pages and information about visitors to our Services to understand and improve our service offerings
- Customize the content you see when you visit a site controlled by mechanicguides.com;
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests
- Fulfill any other purposes that we will disclose to you either at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent
Disclosure of Information
There may be times when we must share your personal data with others such as when, for example, we are required to do so by law, or to protect our business, or to protect our users. We may also share your personal data with others if we sell our business or a part of it. We also:
- Allow authorized third parties to track and store information about visitors to our website
- Disclose your personal data to those who are providing services to us if they have appropriate processes to protect your personal data
Otherwise, we will only share your personal information if you have consented to our doing so.
Legal Basis for Data Processing
The legal basis we use to justify processing your personal data includes processing that is:
- necessary for the performance of the contract between you and Mechanic Guides (for example, to allow you to identify and authenticate yourself so you may use your account);
- necessary to comply with legal requirements (for example, to assist legal authorities in their investigations);
- necessary for our legitimate interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and to improve the website and our Services); and
- based on consent you provide (for example, when you consent to us communicating with you about our products and services or provide you with marketing information).
GDPR Rights for European Union Individuals
The law gives you certain rights in relation to your personal data. If you would like to exercise or discuss these rights, please contact us at this page.
For data which we obtain and collect from you, you have the right to:
- Access this data and get a copy of it for free
- Make changes to your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate
- Restrict the processing of your personal data
- Ask us to erase your personal data
- Object to us processing your personal data
- Ask us to make your data portable
- Raise concerns regarding the use of your personal data
Protecting Your Information
We are committed to protecting your personal information. We have appropriate technical, organizational, and physical procedures in place to protect your information. Please note that, as with any transaction, no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; however, we will do everything we can to protect your information.
Third Party Websites
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If we become aware that a child has provided personal data to us, we will delete such data as soon as possible. If you have information that your child or any other child is using our service, please contact us at this page.
User Generated Content
Like many other Web sites, mechanicguides.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
Amazon Associates Program
mechanicguides.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it and Amazon.es.
Other Advertising Partners
mechanicguides.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.