- The 5 Best Tonneau Covers for Tundra Crewmax:
- Best Tonneau Cover for Tundra CrewMax – Top-Up:
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- Best Tonneau Cover for Tundra Crewmax Reviews:
- 1. BAK BAKFlip G2 Hard-Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover – the best tonneau cover for Tundra CrewMax
- 2. Syneticusa Aluminum retractable Low Profile Tonneau Cover
- 3. TruXedo TruXport Soft Roll-Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
- 4. Tyger Auto T3 Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
- 5. GATOR ETX Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
- 6. Rugged Liner E-Series Hard Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
- 7. Tonno Pro Tonno Fold 42-510 TRI-FOLD Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
- 8. Undercover FX41007 Flex Hard Folding Truck Bed Cover
- 9. Lund 960120 Genesis Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
- 10. American Tonneau Company 66406 Soft Tri-fold Tonneau Cover
Hi everyone, this time we’re looking at the best tonneau covers for Tundra Crewmax! What is a Tonneau cover you ask? Well, that’s a good enough question, it’s a French-derived word from the old carriage covers that means tunnel. The tunnel cover, which is a cover used on old horse carriages.
The 5 Best Tonneau Covers for Tundra Crewmax:
- BAK BAKFlip G2 Hard-Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover – the best tonneau cover for Tundra Crewmax
- Syneticusa Aluminum retractable Low Profile Tonneau Cover
- TruXedo TruXport Soft Roll-Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
- Tyger Auto T3 Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
- GATOR ETX Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover
Best Tonneau Cover for Tundra CrewMax – Top-Up:
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
All the information and opinions you find on Mechanicguides.com come from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple with 11 years of auto industry experience. We look at the latest market research, talk to experts, and draw from our own practical experience to bring you reviews and guides that reflect what you’ll encounter in your garage. For more information about the team, see here.
Today it means the cover over an open truck compartment. These covers are placed for two reasons, the first being protection from the environment, the second being protection of the contents from flying out of the back and possibly being lethal.
Now, since we are only talking about a compartment cover and not an engine head, lets cut through term technical difficulties and grasp on to the basics.
There are two types of cover, hard and soft, the difference between the two is simple, one is hard like metal or plastic, and the other is soft like fabric, got it? The choice is personal, everyone has specific tastes, and this includes their tonneau covers too.
Best Tonneau Cover for Tundra Crewmax Reviews:
1. BAK BAKFlip G2 Hard-Folding Truck Bed Tonneau Cover – the best tonneau cover for Tundra CrewMax
- Fits 2007 - 2021 Toyota Tundra 5' 7" Bed (66.7")
- 100% BED ACCESS | The low-profile BAKFlip G2 hard folding cover allows you to drive with the cover fully closed, folded, or flipped up without covering the 3rd brake light
- ENHANCED SECURITY | This cover features durable aluminum panels and an automatic latching system, providing greater security over vinyl covers. The G2 is operational from either side of the truck bed with quick-release cables under the panels
- ENHANCED FUNCTIONALITY | The G2’s prop rods hold the cover upright while open and they securely stow away when the cover is partially or fully closed
- WE’VE GOT YOUR BAK | Make your purchase with confidence. The BAKFlip G2 tonneau cover is weight rated up to 300 lbs., is easy to install, and has a 3-year, hassle-free warranty
The BAKFlip G2 is a hard-folding tonneau cover for the Toyota Tundra. It’s available in various styles, but the one we’ve chosen has a glossy finish, OE track system, and is made for the Tundra CrewMax. Since it’s a hard-folding cover, it brings together the benefits of a hard cover (namely better protection and security) and a soft cover (practicality and ease of use). As a result, it’s one of the more expensive choices on the list, but you wouldn’t mind dropping the extra dollars on this one.
Backed by a three-year warranty, the BAKFlip G2 Tonneau Cover can be opened (folded) in three steps. You can also enjoy a 100-percent access to the bed and even drive with the cover folded — in case you have a large item that needs the cover to be opened. The hard aluminum panels come with an automatic latching system, which further helps in securing the contents of the cargo area. Opening and closing the cover is a breeze, thanks to the quick-release cables under the panels.
The cover also gets dual drain tubes to ensure that water doesn’t seep into the cargo area. In addition to that the tailgate seal and full-perimeter seals ensure driving in difficult weather won’t pose a problem to the bed. Further proving the panels’ strength is the claim that you can hold up to 300 lb. of evenly distributed weight atop it.
The BAK Tonneau Cover is compatible with the Toyota Tundra trucks made with the model years 2007 – 2020. The model we’ve selected here is compatible with the 5.5-ft bed, which means this is a probable candidate for the best tonneau cover for Tundra CrewMax.
- Fits 2007-2021 Toyota Tundra 5'6" (66.7”) bed WITHOUT factory cargo track system bracket kit models only, not Compatible with factory bed Storage Boxes
- Syneticusa cover was specifically engineered with strong, aluminum slats and a matte black textured powder-coat finish to protects your precious cargo (support up to 500 lbs. of evenly distributed weight)
- This retractable cover can be locked in place anywhere along the truck bed with latch or key, securing loose pieces of cargo too big to fit under the cover
- Low-profile patented design; Waterproof
- Easy to install and durable (Need to drill holes for drainage tubes), UV and scratch protection, smooth and effortless bed access
There are different types of tonneau covers, with each type catering to a specific use. You choose hard covers for the ultimate protection from both the elements and also for the security aspect. Now like a hard folding cover, a retractable tonneau cover can match some of the ease of use offered by soft covers without missing out on the benefits of a hard one. That’s exactly what the Syneticusa Low Profile Tonneau Cover for Tundra CrewMax does.
It’s a hard cover made of aluminum slats that can be retracted to exactly the position that you like. This means a soft-cover-like practicality — and no need to open the entire bed when you want to take something out from the cargo area. This tonneau cover can be locked in any position as well — something a lot of other hard covers fail to offer. And it has a proper lock and key system as well. Other benefits include the ability to drive the truck without having the rear windshield blocked like in the case of tri-fold hard covers.
The aluminum slats come with a matte textured black finish, and the cover itself is fade-free, doesn’t require maintenance, and UV-protected as well. It’ll also save the cargo area from rain, snow, salt, leaves, etc., claims Syneticusa. Installing the cover takes about half an hour, and the only modification you’ll need to do to your truck is drill holes for the drain tubes.
You’ll need to get in touch with the seller/manufacturer about the warranty. It’s compatible with Toyota Tundra trucks made with the model years 2007 – 2019/2020 — confirm that as well. It’s made for the 5.6/5.5 feet short truck bed, which is exactly what the Tundra CrewMax has.
- Fits 2007 - 2013 Toyota Tundra 5' 7" Bed (66.7")
- UNBELIEVABLY FUNCTIONAL | TruXport is designed to be exceptionally easy to use: Simply unlock the tailgate latches & roll up your cover. TruXport is engineered with a heavy-duty 1.5” frame, and equipped with high quality leather-embossed vinyl
- STAND GUARD AGAINST WEATHER | Keep your cargo dry and secure during all weather situations. Pre-set tarp tension keeps cover tight and leaves water out. TruXport's support bows allow it to withstand several inches of snow when closed
- NO DRILL INSTALLATION | Fully install this roll-up truck bed cover in under 30 minutes! Easily clamp the rails onto your truck bed, attach the cover, roll and go. No drilling or special tools necessary
- WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED | TruXport is backed by a 5-year, no hassle warranty. We are committed to providing you the best service at all times, if you need replacement parts simply call our team
A soft roll-up cover can be a cost-effective way of adding a tonneau cover to your truck. But don’t let the low price (it’s not the absolute lowest, mind) make you think that this kind of cover doesn’t deserve your time. Because soft covers do offer some protection (not as much as hard covers), but if you’re someone who opens and closes the cover to access the cargo area very frequently, it’s hard to ignore soft roll-up covers.
The TruXport we have here has a high-quality black leather vinyl that sits 1.5 inches above the truck bed, is easy to install and use, and will save the contents of the cargo area from heavy weather. It makes the truck look better, especially with the ability to manually tighten the tension of the fabric to ensure it looks sleek and stays snugly fitted.
Installing the cover is an easy DIY task, without any drilling or modifications required. And according to TruXedo, it won’t take any longer than 30 minutes to achieve. The cover is backed by a 5-year warranty and is compatible with the Toyota Tundra trucks made with the model years 2007 – 2013. This model we’ve chosen here is for the 5.5 ft bed, which is what the Toyota Tundra CrewMax gets. Operating the cover is super simple as well. You just have to unlatch it from the sides and roll the cover toward the cab.
- US Design Patented
- Cover is dual-coated and made out of heavy duty 24oz. marine-grade vinyl, with aircraft-grade aluminum frames, and comes with stainless steel clamps for easy installation and great durability.
- pre-assembled horizontal crossbars offer support and conveniently fold up with the cover providing full bed access when needed.
- Easy no drilling installation with instruction and mounting hardware provided. | NOTE: Small holes will need to be cut in the bedliner for vehicles equipped with over-the-bedrail bedliner to secure the clamps for proper cover installation; cover will work with under-the-bedrail bedliner without modification.
- LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY FOR US CUSTOMERS!
Another soft cover on the list, the Tyger Auto T3 makes for an easy choice for those on a tight budget. It’s a soft-tri-fold cover, so the protection on offer is limited, but if you aren’t looking for something super-protective and want a simple cover for your truck’s cargo area, you can’t go wrong with this one.
Like in the case of most covers mentioned here, the Tyger Auto T3 is also available in a variety of choices. This one is compatible with the Toyota Tundra made with the model years 2014 – 2020. The trucks that have a 5.5-ft bed will be able to use this cover — and that means it’s made for the CrewMax models.
Looking at the construction of the cover, it’s got an aluminum frame underneath the marine-grade vinyl. The supporting crossbars come pre-installed. Talking of installation, there’s no drilling or modification required apart from introducing holes in the bed liner on certain models to place the clamps.
It’s a tri-fold cover, which means you can fold it to get complete access to the bed or partially fold to open as much of the cargo area as you want. The limited lifetime warranty is bound to instill some extra confidence in prospective buyers, and also ensures that ownership remains hassle-free. The cover is weather-sealed as well and has stainless steel rod equipped clamps for enhanced security and longevity.
- Fits 2007 - 2013 Toyota Tundra 5' 9" Bed (69.3")
- FAST & EASY NO-TOOL INSTALL | The Gator ETX Tri-Fold can be installed in about 10 minutes by simply clamping the rails on without the use of a drill, providing quick, convenient cargo protection
- ELIMINATE THE ELEMENTS | This cover’s heavy-duty aluminum frame, industrial-strength vinyl and superior perimeter sealing keep rain, snow and dust out of the bed of your truck bed and protect your cargo in any weather condition
- SIMPLE OPERATIONS | To open the cover, simply fold the panels towards the cab and secure into place with the integrated buckling system. Drive with the cover in the 2/3 open position when you need bed access for hauling large loads
- SLEEK & DURABLE DESIGN | The Gator ETX mounts on top of your truck bed rails providing a clean, low-profile appearance that enhances the appearance of your truck. Each cover is custom fit to your truck’s year, make and model
Gator is a well-known brand in the tonneau cover space — much like the others we’ve included here. And the ETX Soft Tri-Fold seems to offer exactly what the customers want in the price range. It’s not expensive, but given that it’s a soft cover we’re discussing here, the overall strength and security offered by it are likely to be limited.
It’s got a heavy-duty aluminum frame that holds the industrial-strength vinyl on top of itself. The cover also offers some weather sealing, hence there’s a perimeter sealing around the cover itself. That takes care of rain, dust, and snow. The cover is mounted atop the truck bed rails and hence has a low profile. The sleek appearance is complemented by the ease of use this cover offers. Fold the panel toward the cab to gain access to the bed. You can even drive with the 2/3rd cover open if you want to transport large items.
Installing the cover is said to be easy as well. There’s no modification required, just clamp the rails and you’re good to go. It’s compatible with Toyota Tundra trucks made with the model years 2007 – 2013. This model here is for the 5.5 ft bed, which means it fits the Toyota Tundra CrewMax without any issues. Check with the manufacturer/seller if there’s any confusion. The cover is backed by a limited lifetime warranty whereas the tarp is covered for a period of 10 years.
- Fits 2014 - 2021 Toyota Tundra (with or w/o utility track) 5' 7" Bed (66.7")
- RESILIENT PANELS: E-Series Hard Fold truck bed cover features panels manufactured with aluminum skins & solid cores to provide strength & durability in tough conditions. Panels sit on a powder-coated frame for added wear & tear protection
- EASY ON & OFF: Completely remove the cover in under 6 minutes to haul your large cargo. Simply unlatch the cab and tailgate clamps, and lift cover off the bed. Both sets of clamps are trustworthy to keep cover tight while remaining user friendly
- FULLY ASSEMBLED DESIGN: Shipped completely assembled in the box with no loose parts. Simply square up on your truck bed, secure cab clamps, unfold onto bed, secure tailgate clamps & hit the road - no tools required for installation
- BACKED BY RUGGED LINER: The Rugged Liner E-Series Hard Fold truck bed cover is protected against any manufacturing defects for a period of three years so you can rest easy knowing your investment is protected
A hard-fold tonneau cover is seen as the best compromise between the ultimate covers in terms of protection (hard fold) and the ease of use that soft covers offer. The Rugged Liner E-Series of hard folding tonneau covers come with sturdy aluminum panels that can handle harsh weather keeping the contents in the cargo area shielded.
The basics are pretty much covered: the cover comes pre assembled and requires no additional tools for installation; the double-layer sealed hinges keep the water out, and you can even drive with the cover in the open position (handy when you have to carry large items). It’s backed by a 3-year warranty and is compatible with the Toyota Tundra trucks made with the model years 2014 – 2020. This specific model is made exclusively for the 5.5 feet bed, which means if you’re looking for a tonneau cover for the Toyota Tundra CrewMax, this can very well be it.
The tri-fold design is easy to use and when unfolded lends the truck a premium look. The company mentions that you take the cover off in just six minutes. That’s pretty sick for something that offers great levels of protection, isn’t it!
- Fits 2014 - 2021 Toyota Tundra (includes track sys. clamp kit) 8' 2" Bed (97.6")
- E-Z clamping system locks down the cover from the inside, securing your belongings from the elements and any on-lookers
- Powder-coated aluminum frame is sturdy but lightweight enough for one-hand use
- Comes pre-assembled, with heavy duty side-rail clamps for a 5-minute install
- Hinged sections fold back into a compact unit for more truck bed access
The Tonno Pro Tonno Fold Tri-folding Tonneau Cover is a multipurpose cover that comes with many applications. It is pre-designed to work with specific vehicles, and there are many designs to choose from.
There are three sections to this cover, and they are all hinged together making it an easy to fold hardcover option. It comes with a double-sided rigid vinyl material that has a textured black finish and is assembled and installed in under 10 minutes.
This model uses a snap clip fastening method using a patented slide-lock and E-Z clamping system, and also integrates a Q seal gasket together with a front flap to secure and protect your truck bed from the elements. Just to make things a bit more secure, they use marine grade Terelyne stitching, and the frame is made of 6063 epoxy coated aluminum alloy extrusion.
- Fits 2007 - 2021 Toyota Tundra w/o rail system 5' 7" Bed (66.7")
- 100% BED ACCESS | The Flex allows you to drive with the cover in three secure positions: closed, partially closed, & fully open. The cover folds into an upright position with dual prop rods, without resting on the back of the cab
- STYLISH LOW PROFILE DESIGN | The Flex hard folding cover has a gloss black finish and lies flush with the truck bed to enhance the appearance of your truck. It also features full perimeter seals to help prevent water intrusion
- EASY OPERATION | This cover has durable, aluminum automatic-latching panels that release with pull cables on either side of the truck. The dual-action tailgate seal allows you to shut the tailgate without lifting the cover first
Let’s talk simple and efficient and discuss the Undercover FX41007.
This cover is custom made for every fit, and once you have your correct cover, it will take about 5 minutes to install. This is a simple, flip it on, secure it in place and off you go cover. The panels come with a rubber seal providing maximum water and leak proofing. The construction is, and materials are strong enough to hold up to 400lbs of pressure, and the whole shebang comes with an integrated drain tube system to secure your truck bed dry.
The tension support comes into play when you close the tailgate; then the cover is impossible to breach or open. The rails are an anodized extruded aluminum alloy, and the overall fit is streamlined to increase fuel efficiency.
- Features a low-profile design and a premium quality, rip-stop, marine grade vinyl fabric with a leather pattern, semi-gloss black finish
- Patented latching system with quick release for easy bed access, cover rolls up in seconds
- Heavy-duty aluminum rails and bows; Easy no-drill installation
- Hook and loop fasteners with patented internal tension control system keep the top tight and secure; Front and rear rubber seals protect against dust and moisture
- Proudly made in the USA and backed by a limited lifetime warranty
The Genesis Roll-Up tonneau cover is a soft material that comes with a very reliable and sturdy aluminum frame. Each cover is custom made for every model of vehicle, and the material used is a double-sided vinyl fabric with a heavy-duty Velcro side sealing system.
This cover rolls up in seconds and comes with automatic tension gauges and a tension control mechanism. This secures your cover tightly, maintain a sealed environment, protecting it from the elements as well as protecting the environment form any free items in the back of your truck.
The fabric is a black double-sided tear resistant nylon, and the design incorporates a low profile tapered corner finish. The rails are made of a rigid aluminum alloy extrusion, that is lightweight and corrosion resistant.
There is a multi-finned rubber seal on all the rails that acts as an extra buffer and seal from the environmental conditions.
- Fits 2014-20 Toyota Tundra (wo/rail system) 5'5" Bed
- KEEPS THE ELEMENTS OUT - The American Soft Tri-Fold's weather seal runs all the way around the perimeter of the cover keeps the elements out to protects the things in your bed.
- QUICK INSTALL - This cover comes completely assembled, ready to install right out of the box.
- EASY TO USE - A simple latching system allows you to quickly open and close the tonneau cover.
- MADE IN THE U.S.A - The American Soft Tri-Fold cover is proudly designed and manufactured in the United States!
The American Tri-Fold’s weather seal is an aluminum railed vinyl covered tonneau, and it protects your truck bed in all weather conditions.
This is a no-frills no-nonsense model, it clips on in minutes and provides an easy to fold system. The black vinyl material is secured in place with a support bow and uses one of the simplest latching systems for fast opening and closing.
This cover is good for all weather conditions, and it comes with a vinyl grain finish and works well with 5th wheel applications too.
What is the best tonneau cover for Tundra CrewMax?
For the Toyota Tundra CrewMax, the best tonneau cover will ideally offer great protection from the weather, the elements, and grabby hands. Factors that will affect an ideal cover’s performance are material, price, and overall build.
Find a balance between these and you’ll have a tonneau cover that not just protects your truck’s bed (and the cargo) but also doesn’t make you think twice about spending on it.
The top choice on the list — the best tonneau cover for Tundra CrewMax — is exactly that. It’s called the BAKFlip G2 and as a decently expensive hard-folding cover offers enough protection and durability to ensure that the money you’ve spent buying it doesn’t go waste. The Syneticusa aluminum retractable cover adds to the practicality while offering the protection of a hardcover. But if you don’t mind a softcover, since it helps you save a lot of money and is easy to open/close, the TruXedo cover is easy to install and very easy to use.
The Tyger Tri-Fold tonneau cover is an ideal value-for-money choice. It’s a great choice for those who are still on the fence about purchasing a tonneau cover. You don’t spend a lot buying this, and the benefits are huge! The Gator soft cover falls in the same category as well. The Rugged tonneau offers the best of both worlds — protection of a hardcover and practicality and ease of use of a soft one.
The Tonno Pro Tonno Fold is a soft folding cover that’s easy to install and uninstall (in case you need to access the entire bed for large cargo), is backed by a lifetime warranty, and has a tear-resistant top. The Undercover Flex is a hard folding cover that can hold up to 400 lbs of evenly distributed weight atop it. Like other well-made covers, it also has an integrated drain tube to ensure the bed remains dry even when it’s pouring outside. The Lund Genesis Soft Roll-up is great to use because of its roll-up construction. It gets seals at the front and rear to ensure dust and moisture doesn’t get in. Another soft tri-fold tonneau cover is the American Tonneau Company Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover. It’s easy to use, like other soft covers, and has a weather seal running along with the perimeter of the cover.
Best Tonneau Cover for Tundra Crew Max by Years – 2017, 2018, 2019
If you’re driving a Toyota Tundra, you may encounter annoying flashing of the Maintenance Required light even after an oil change. Check out our guide on resetting maintenance light on Toyota Tundra.