In the US market, the Chevy Silverado enjoys a respectable position because it’s able to be a work truck, daily driver, a recreational one, or all three. To cover that wide variety, a standard seat cover is unlikely to be enough. So if you’re looking at getting new seat covers for the Chevy Silverado (to either replace the old ones or to save the seats in your brand-new truck from the daily wear and tear), here’s something worth your time. Here are the best Silverado seat covers:
- Silverado Seat Covers Reviews:
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- 1. For the tough ones: Covercraft Carhartt SeatSaver – the Best Silverado Seat Cover
- 2. Leather-like: FH Group Ultra Comfort Leatherette Front Seat Cushions
- 3. Premium looks: Luckyman Club Seat Covers
- 4. Good all-rounder: Rough Country Neoprene Seat Covers
- 5. Inexpensive one: Durafit Endura Seat Covers
- What are the Best Silverado Seat Covers?
Silverado Seat Covers Reviews:
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
We strive to always give you genuine, accurate information. To do this, all of mechanicguides.com reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience. This knowledge comes from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple who has 11 years of experience in the auto industry. For more information, see here.
1. For the tough ones: Covercraft Carhartt SeatSaver – the Best Silverado Seat Cover
- Classic Duck-Weave Carhartt fabric for durability
- Custom-made for your specific year, make and model seats
- Headrest and armrest covers are also included (if equipped)
- Easy installation and removal
- Machine washable
The most-used seats in your truck deserve some hard-wearing seat covers. And what could be a better product than the Covercraft SeatSaver? It’s slightly expensive but you get top-class protection. If you’re looking for tough seat covers, backed by a long warranty, and won’t succumb to daily work-related use (or even pets for that matter), this makes for a great choice. These are also custom-made for specific truck models, so you get snug fit — the way it’s supposed to be. Available for front row and rear row separately or individual seats, the Carhartt seat cover comes in two colors (gravel and brown). We’ve linked to the front row cover, finished in gravel. If it works for your needs and your truck, get a corresponding armrest and console cover as well.
The machine-washable seat cover is easy to install and remove (and wash). It’s backed by a 3-year warranty, is highly water-resistant thanks to its duck-weave fabric and the water-repellency finish that’s added to it. To add durability to the cover, apart from the innate strength the fabric already has, it has triple-stitched seams. There are cutouts for adjustments (but check with the seller about electric controls). There are safety restraint and access points for seat belts, but there’s no word on compatibility with airbags. To add to the practicality level, the Carhartt cover also has storage pockets on the back of the seats.
Why do we like it?
This seat cover is made for GM models, but you’ll need to check with the seller about finer compatibility details. And while Covercraft offers a 3-year warranty, the listing lacks information, so you’ll need to confirm that as well. One downside is that the seat cover is expensive. Some users have complained of not getting a center console when the product photos show it. So check with the seller in advance to confirm what you’ll get for your particular model.
- Long warranty (check with seller)
2. Leather-like: FH Group Ultra Comfort Leatherette Front Seat Cushions
- Front bucket covers are intelligently designed with top zipper opening and elastic trim edges to offer adjustment for tight snug fit
- Super easy installation, Simply put the covers on and they will stay in place. They are engineered to accommodate traditional and heated seats
- Non-slip silicone interior keeps the cover in place so you can get in and out worry free
- Side less design allows integrated airbag compatibility. Adjustable length fits benches 50-58 inches long
- Set of 2 Front Bucket Seat Cushions
What’s a front-seat cushion doing on this list? Well, this covers the front seats (as you probably guessed), adds cushioning to make the seat more comfortable, and is compatible with the airbag as well. That’s not something a lot of seat covers can manage — so that’s a huge positive. Along with that, the FH Group Ultra Comfort seat cushion is also cost-effective, so you aren’t exactly spending a lot of money on this. Depending on your needs, you can choose from a variety of seat styles, colors, and combinations. We’ve chosen the front seat cushion in a black-red trim.
For the front two seats
This is a set of two bucket seat cushions. These come with a top zipper and an elastic around the edges for a snug fit. While the front is entirely covered, a part of the rear seatback remains exposed. According to FH Group, the seat cushion works only with a detachable headrest and has airbag compatibility. Its non-slip interior further keeps the cover in place and it works well with heated seats as well. Installation is also said to be easy. The fabric is faux leather, which looks premium but doesn’t bring the usual negatives of using a leather seat. Underneath that is a high-density foam that gives the seat a well-defined shape and makes it more comfortable as well.
Why do we like it?
The seat cushion is a great idea not only because it’s easy to install but also it’s bound to have a better fit than other similar seat covers. Its low price works in its favor apart from the decent quality. You’d need to get in touch with the seller about compatibility and warranty — the latter is said to be 180 days, but the listing lacks any information on it. Users are happy with the covers, but if you order this, make sure that you get all the necessary parts in the box.
3. Premium looks: Luckyman Club Seat Covers
- ►Very soft leather used , which will probably be beyond your expectation; The leather thickness is 0.9 mm, much thicker than the 0.7 mm leather commonly used in cheap seat covers
- ► Soft wear-resistant leather will make you feel more comfortable；The keys will NOT scratch the leather easily, the water and dust can be toweled easily
- ► The sides of the seat covers are partially exposed, then they are compatible to air bags; Pockets are convenient for you to keep the vehicle neat and tidy
- ► Easy to install after you read the installation guide within the package; Covers will never slide after correctly installed
- ►Please check the "Related Video Shorts", to see how nice it looks on the Corolla sedan. The 2 front seat covers fit more than 95% of the sedan, suv, truck if the headrests are detachable
Another universal fit seat cover, this model by Luckyman Club is a leather seat cover and has sides partially exposed but also has compatibility with airbags. It’s also wear-resistant and water and dust can be removed from its surface with a wet cloth. It’s compatible with electrically adjustable seats. If you’re looking at adding a pair of premium-looking seat covers to your Chevy Silverado’s front seats, this one can fit the job perfectly.
Compatible with airbags
Certain things stand out for this seat cover. The previously mentioned compatibility with airbags for one is a great start. That’s because a lot of full-seat covers aren’t compatible with airbags, and using those on modern trucks with airbags is a bit pointless. The other thing is the looks. With soft leather, that’s also said to be thicker (at 0.9 mm), the seat cover makes the cabin look plusher. At the back, there’s also a pocket to store magazines/small objects.
There are other models available from Luckyman Club that are either in a different color, have a different colored trim, or are made for the rear seats as well. There’s a full set on sale too. The one we’ve chosen is a pair for the front seats. In terms of compatibility, the brand mentions a wide range of models. We’d suggest that you check with the seller to be sure before making the purchase.
Why do we like it?
The Luckyman Club seat cover isn’t the conventional seat cover because it has its sides partially opened. It’s compatible with airbags and detachable headrests as well. But if you’re looking for complete coverage on the seat and therefore improved protection, you’d need to look elsewhere; this won’t suffice. Users have mixed reviews. Some love the fit and the overall looks while others would rather go for conventional seat covers. Check with the seller about the warranty.
4. Good all-rounder: Rough Country Neoprene Seat Covers
- 4 Layer Construction w/ Neoprene, Foam Padding, and Protective Polyester Shell
- Neoprene offers great breathability, water resistance, and UV Resistance
- Easy at Home Installation
- Made to factory specifications including Headrest where applicable
- Backed by Rough Country's 1 Year Warranty
A move away from the leather/faux-leather seat covers to something more utilitarian. The Rough Country Neoprene seat covers are cost-effective and offer a decent level of resistance to UV radiation and water. These aren’t without breathability, so it won’t be an issue if you were to install these on your daily driver’s seats. The set has covers for the two front seats and the rear bench. There’s coverage for the middle seat/armrest as well.
Good fit and overall look
Installing the set is easy (and according to Rough Country, it can be done at home). It’s a great product if you’re using this on your work truck or have passengers that can potentially dirty the seats (kids and pets, all eyes are on you). Another advantage is the price because unlike other faux-leather/cloth seat covers, these neoprene ones are less expensive. Snug fitting improves its life and overall look. But having said that, the Rough Country set doesn’t look premium or appealing as some of the other seat covers out there. But if you can live with that, it’s going to be a smart decision picking these up.
The seat cover has a four-layer construction and foam padding inside as well. The cover is said to have a provision for airbags, seat adjustment — and where applicable, headrests. The cover is washable but only by hand, using warm, soapy water, and allowed to air dry. Rough Country also mentions that cleaning with a damp cloth is recommended. On the downside, it won’t fare well when brought to contact with sharp or hot objects.
Why do we like it?
As a cost-effective set of seat covers, this does well. It’s compatible with 1999 – 2006 Chevy Silverado trucks. The Crew Cab models aren’t on the compatibility list. We’d suggest you leave the seller a message to know if the seat cover set can be ordered for your specific model of Silverado. Backing the product is a one-year warranty from the brand. Users have appreciated the snug fit and good looks. Some users have pointed out that electric seat controls get hidden underneath the cover and then you might need to remove the seat for installation.
5. Inexpensive one: Durafit Endura Seat Covers
- Will NOT work for LS models. Not for 2007 Classic or any LS or base model. Described exactly for which vechile it will fit.
- 2007-2013 Chevy Silverado, Avalanche, Tahoe, Suburban LT and GMC Sierra Exact Fit Seat Covers.
- Complete for the front whole row. Includes headrest, console covers. Center section has opening lid. With breathable center panel for comfort. Full backs with pockets
- Made for extra comfot and will protect your seats from wear and give it a personalized look. Snug and Tight Seat Covers that dont slouch and stretch. Very easy clean and install.
- One year warranty. Not for seats with side airbags.Full backs with pockets
Made for the exact fit on certain models (yes, Chevy Silverado is included), the Durafit Endura seat covers will entirely conceal the original seat. This model is for the front row of seats and includes headrest and console covers. These are said to be easy to clean, install, and come with pockets at the back of the seats as well.
Not compatible with airbags
A great choice for the price-conscious buyer, the seat cover is made for a snug fit. That means your cabin will look neater, especially without the sight of sagging seat covers. One downside is that it’s not compatible with airbags. That means for seats with airbags, this will be useless. In terms of compatibility, Durafit mentions 2007 – 2013 Chevrolet Silverado trucks can be fitted with this. There are some caveats: the cover is made for the new LT body style only (and not the older LS models).
Why do we like it?
Full-seat coverage, a 1-year warranty, and confirmed compatibility are some of the positives of this seat cover. The fabric is said to offer waterproof protection, and that’s another solid reason why it should be considered. Users have appreciated the fit but mention that the correct installation is crucial. If the installation is done right, the cover will have a snug fit.
What are the Best Silverado Seat Covers?
While choosing the best Silverado seat covers you’ll find yourself evaluating your priorities. And to make it even simpler for you, let’s look at each seat cover/set based on what it offers. If you’re looking for something exceptionally durable but don’t mind the extra price, the Carhartt seat cover is a no-brainer. If you’re after a premium feel, you can’t ignore the Luckyman Club model or the FH Group leatherette one, either. But if you want an inexpensive seat cover that does everything well, the Rough Country Neoprene cover gets our vote. Another solid choice in that regard is the Durafit Endura, so you can check out that as well.
More Silverado Reviews – See our best:
- Lift Kits for Chevy Silverado
- Shocks for Silverado 1500 2WD
- Leveling Kit for Silverado
- Spark Plugs for 5.3 Silverado
- Exhaust for 5.3 Silverado
- Cam for 4.8 Silverado
- Long Tube Headers for 5.3 Silverado
- Brake Pads for Silverado 2500HD
- Cold Air Intake for Chevy Silverado
- Exhaust System for Silverado 1500
- Programmer for 5.3 Silverado
- Shocks for Silverado 1500 4×4