- Aftermarket Car Antenna Reviews:
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- 1. Solid performer: Rydonair Antenna for Jeep Wrangler – the Best Aftermarket Car Antenna
- 2. Short and sweet: Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna for MINI Cooper
- 3. Bullet-shaped: Ronin Factory Bullet Antenna – Short Replacement Antenna
- 4. Stock alternative: AntennaMastsRus Black Aluminum Antenna
- 5. Another strong choice: Rydonair Antenna for Chevrolet and GMC trucks
- What is the best aftermarket antenna?
You love listening to the radio, right? Okay, Spotify and podcasts are fun, but there’s no reason why you wouldn’t tune into your local radio stations now and again. So if the time has come for you to replace your car’s radio antenna, we’ve got it covered. Our latest guide looks at the popular radio antenna choices for some cars, to help you choose the best aftermarket car antenna.
Aftermarket Car Antenna Reviews:
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
We strive to always give you genuine, accurate information. To do this, all of mechanicguides.com reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience. This knowledge comes from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple who has 11 years of experience in the auto industry. For more information, see here.
1. Solid performer: Rydonair Antenna for Jeep Wrangler – the Best Aftermarket Car Antenna
- VEHICLE FITMENT: The RYDONAIR rubber antenna fits Jeep Wrangler JK, JKU, JL & JLU 2007+ & Gladiator (All Jeep Wrangler models 2007 thus 2021, but not for older year models).
- HIGH QUALITY: Allows shape memory so antenna springs back into shape when bent. This wrangler antenna is made of premium rubber which can sustain under extreme weather conditions.
- STYLISH LOOKING:The Low Profile 13” antenna can Improve the look of your Jeep Wrangler by replacing your 31” long metal antenna. The real carbon fiber column on the bottom offers great looking and also helps the base holding onto the mount.
- EASY INSTALLATION: No tool needed, the antenna can be easily screwed onto your antenna base within seconds.
- RECEPTION PERFORMANCE: Through thousands of experiments, we worked out the preferable structure for short antennas that performs better in reception on either AM or FM bands. Compare with the other short antenna with normal structure, our 13” antenna is much closer to the OEM antenna in reception. If you're not satisfied with the performance, just simply return it and we will have you full refund!
The 13-inch antenna from Rydonair is made for the Jeep Wrangler (compatibility details mentioned below). This works well as a stock replacement not only because of its comparatively better looks but also because it doesn’t skimp on features. You’ve got weather-resistance, it’s flexible so it won’t break when bent (to a degree), and comes with a strong performance promise.
Comes with Aluminum base and brass stud
It’s easy to install — you just need to screw it into the existing antenna mount, and voila, you get a better-looking replacement. It has an aluminum base, which performs better than plastic ones. The rubber jacket on the antenna protects it from a variety of weather conditions. Its stud is made of brass and thus not only helps in signal transmission but has some resistance to corrosion as well. And that’s not all: there’s also a carbon fiber column at the bottom. This adds to the look and helps hold the base and the antenna together.
Why do we like it?
Said to offer better performance than other aftermarket replacements (both short and rubber antennas), the Rydonair Antenna for Jeep Wrangler is a good choice. It is compatible with the Jeep Wrangler JK (previous generation), Wrangler JL (current one), and the new Jeep Gladiator truck. The compatible model years for the Jeep Wrangler are 2007 – 2020. If you don’t have a Jeep, don’t worry. Rydonair has antennas for a wide range of vehicles. We also talk about the Rydonair antenna for Chevrolet and GMC trucks later on in this review.
The seller offers a 1-year warranty on the product. If you have any concerns or queries, drop the seller a message before making the purchase. It’s a very popular model and users have liked it. The reception itself (radio reception) is great, the installation is very easy, and it scores well in the looks department as well.
- Good reception
- Aluminum base
2. Short and sweet: Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna for MINI Cooper
- ✔ IMPROVE THE LOOK OF YOUR MINI COOPER: The Stubby antenna replacement fits any MINI Cooper (2001-2021). The Stubby is designed to match the factory base perfectly so it looks as good as the stock antenna on your car
- ✔ INSTALL IN SECONDS: You won't need any tools. The Stubby is easy to install by hand in a matter of seconds
- ✔ MADE IN USA: Each Stubby is made here in the US of A. They are machined and powder-coated in good ol' Portland, OR. Even the boxes are made here!
- ✔ BUILT TO LAST FOREVER: The Stubby is All Metal. Machined out of billet aluminum & then powder coated with a durable black textured finish that will not fade break or chip. Stainless hardware eliminates corrosion
- ✔ RECEPTION IS KEY: If you are curious about reception; read the reviews. Although some folks have had trouble, it is actually really uncommon. If you are not completely satisfied with your Stubby, we make returns easy as possible
The CravenSpeed antenna for the MINI might not be a fashion accessory for a highly fashionable car, but it sure isn’t a conventional-looking replacement. The short antenna is made out of billet aluminum, has corrosion-resistant threads, and is finished in a black powder coat that’s bound to last a long time. That looks like a win-win scene since it’s functional but looks great as well.
Works with the factory base
CravenSpeed maintains that the antenna is made to last forever and its textured finish won’t fade, break, or chip. And it doesn’t miss its primary objective — the reception is said to be good. It’s easy to install — works with the factory base without an issue. And the best thing is that it works on a variety of models: the Countryman, Clubman Coupe, Cabriolet, and even the Roadster (remember that?).
Why do we like it?
It’s a stylish short antenna that seems to work well. The added durability and long-lasting finish make this MINI antenna a worthy purchase. According to CravenSpeed, it’s made for the MINI Cooper (various models) made during the model years 2014 – 2020. That compatibility is slightly different from what the listing suggests (2001 – 2020), so check with the seller before making the purchase. Like the previous Rydonair antenna, if you don’t have a MINI, you’re not out of luck. CravenSpeed offers their Stubby Antenna for a wide range of vehicles as well.
CravenSpeed very coolly mentions that for the warranty the ‘time period is infinite’. But since the Amazon listing doesn’t have any information on that, we’d suggest you check about this with the seller. The user response to the antenna has been great, with some appreciating not just the build but also the customer service. Some useful advice from a customer: be careful with the antenna in a car wash — it doesn’t bend. A very few users have mentioned that they’d have liked the reception to be better.
3. Bullet-shaped: Ronin Factory Bullet Antenna – Short Replacement Antenna
- ✔ ADD ATTITUDE to your pickup truck with this 50 Caliber Bullet Style Antenna! This Aluminum Bullet Antenna has the same dimensions as a real 50 Caliber bullet! Your buddies will Ohh & Ahh when they notice this new accessory!
- ✔ SIMPLY install this Bullet antenna to your Dodge Ram / Ford F-Series ( F150, F250, F350, Super Duty, Raptor) Bullet Antenna in minutes by unscrewing your existing antenna and screwing this in place.
- ✔ CONVENIENT INSTALLATION - Comes with the necessary hardware and also includes the required allen wrenches.
- ✔ LONG LASTING - All Stainless Hardware and 6061 Solid Billet Aluminum construction with Hard Anodize Black finish that will not chip or fade.
- ✔ CARWASH SAFE - this fits all Dodge RAM Trucks 1994 - 2018 and Ford F-Series 1990-current. Perfect for users who use Bluetooth or Auxiliary audio inputs.
The Ronin Factory Bullet Antenna is, as the name suggests, a bullet-shaped antenna. It’s compatible with two rival truck brands and is backed by easy installation, among other useful features. The high-quality antenna also comes with the same dimensions as a real 50-caliber bullet mentions Ronin Factory. We’ll leave it up to you to decide if this is amazing or just a little bit “too much” for your liking.
Made of aluminum
It’s made of aluminum (6061 solid billet aluminum), has an anodized black finish (which won’t chip or fade), and is car-wash safe. Its use won’t affect XM, Bluetooth, or satellite radio. The only color it’s available in is black. It looks good — even if you aren’t too keen on the shape. The installation is said to be easy — it can be screwed in place of the existing antenna. The antenna comes with the necessary hardware required for installation — including Allen wrenches.
Why do we like it?
Its design might polarize people, but it’s a high-quality product. It’s said to be compatible with all 1994 – 2019 Dodge Ram trucks and 1997 – 2019 Ford F-Series trucks. In addition to that, Ronin Factory also mentions that the Dakota and Durango products that have hood-mounted antennas are compatible. On the Ford side of things, the F-150, F-250, F-250, Super Duty, and even the Raptor are compatible. And if you’re disappointed that there isn’t a bullet-shaped antenna for you, you might be wrong. Ronin Factory offers the antenna for other brands as well.
Drop the seller a message about compatibility — and don’t forget to ask about the warranty, since the listing has no information about that. Users are largely happy with it, although some mention a loss in reception.
4. Stock alternative: AntennaMastsRus Black Aluminum Antenna
- Fits: 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021 Ford F-150
- 4" BLACK Aluminum Antenna - Manufactured and Anodized here in our HOME state, Wisconsin!!! Features Stainless Steel threading giving strength for many year of use.
- Manufactured with CARE and PRIDE using state of the art Swiss machines. Using the finest machines allows for consistent perfection of every antenna that we produce. First we manufacture our antennas from local raw 6061 aluminum. Secondly, they're anodized locally ensuring a durable, clean and long lasting vibrant finish for many years of use on your vehicle. Anodized coating cannot peel or flake off. It is part of the metal and gives the aluminum a deeper, richer metallic appearance.
- Installation of our antenna is simple. Only tool required is one to remove your current antenna. Installation is typically completed in minutes.
- Antennas main design is for appearance enhancements. AM/FM reception performance may decrease. If your geographical location is challenging for this antenna upon install, utilize our hassle free returns. For the Ultimate Reception Short Antenna, click on our 6 3/4" Antenna!!
Made for the Ford F-150 (compatibility details below), the AntennaMastsRus is an inexpensive alternative to the stock antenna. It’s available in a wide range of colors, and not just that, you can choose its material (aluminum, rubber, etc.), style (standard, bottle-opener, all-terrain), and even the length (starting from 4 inches and going all the way to 31 inches). The one we have here is a 4-inch aluminum model that’s priced reasonably well and comes with a similar list of features to larger, more expensive units.
It’s made from 6061 aluminum and is anodized for a long-lasting finish. The coating doesn’t peel or flake and gives the antenna a nice, vivid metallic appearance. Having said that, the antenna might look cool but like most other smaller ones, it might offer a slightly lower performance in getting both AM and FM signals. Installation is simple and you can replace the existing factory antenna with this one with ease.
Why do we like it?
The reassuring thing about the antenna is that if you have issues in getting signals clearly, the brand offers hassle-free returns. There’s no information about the warranty, so drop the seller a message about that and the returns policy as well. In terms of compatibility, the Amazon listing suggests the aluminum antenna fits the 2009 – 2020 Ford F-150 truck. Users have been largely positive about this.
5. Another strong choice: Rydonair Antenna for Chevrolet and GMC trucks
- VEHICLE FITMENT: Chevrolet Silverado colorado Avalanche Suburban & GMC Sierra Denali Terrain Canyon
- HIGH QUALITY: Allows shape memory so antenna springs back into shape when bent. This antenna is made of premium rubber which can sustain under extreme weather conditions.
- STYLISH LOOKING:The Low Profile 13" antenna can Improve the look of your Chevrolet & GMC trucks by replacing your 31" long metal antenna. The real carbon fiber column on the bottom offers great looking and also helps the base holding onto the mount. Besides, the antenna is short enough that you have no need to worry about the antenna scrapping your garage door any more!
- RECEPTION PERFORMANCE: Through thousands of experiments, we worked out the preferable structure for short antennas that performs better in reception on either AM or FM bands. Compare with the other short antenna with normal structure, our 13" antenna is much closer to the OEM antenna in reception. If you're not satisfied with the performance, just simply return it and we will have you full refund!
- EASY INSTALLATION: No tool needed, the antenna can be easily screwed onto your antenna base within seconds..WARRANTY POLICY: We guarantee and replace any that break within 1 full year from purchase date.
The other Rydonair antenna on this list is made for the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra Denali trucks. It comes with the promise of performing better than other low-profile antennas, for both FM and AM bands. There are two antenna lengths available — a 13-inch one and a longer 7-inch one. This is a 13-inch model and is said to enhance the looks of the truck along with offering a decent radio performance.
Withstands harsh weather
And that’s not all, the Rydonair antenna comes with premium construction and outer material of rubber. That gives the antenna an ability to withstand harsh weather. It also aids the durability, along with making it flexible — it springs back to its original shape when bent. That means you don’t have to worry too much about it bending and breaking. Having said that, it’s not infinitely bendable, so don’t use it as a catapult. The installation is said to be easy; you can use your existing antenna mounts and screw it on in seconds.
Why do we like it?
The Rydonair antenna is made for the Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500, and 3500, and also the GMC Sierra/Denali. The listing suggests that all model years are compatible. So to make sure, ask the seller before making the purchase. Ask about the warranty as well, since the listing has no official information about that. Users have been happy with the antenna — in regards to the reception, styling, ease of installation, etc.
What is the best aftermarket antenna?
The thing about aftermarket car antennas is that it’s not the easiest task to find the best balance between looks and reception. Some models offer amazing looks since they come in interesting shapes or are short/almost inconspicuous. On the other hand, some models exhibit great reception but are tall, and they end up looking a bit too noticeable for some people’s liking. Keep in mind that if you don’t have the spec’d vehicle for the antenna, most likely the brand has one for your vehicle too. You’ll just have to do a little digging.
Our chosen one here, the Rydonair antenna (for Jeep) proves to be a good balance. It looks decent and also offers good reception as well. It’s got a rubber jacket, has an aluminum base, and is made to withstand heavy weather. It’s also bendable to a large extent, which ensures you are less likely to break it. There’s another version available for Chevrolet vehicles as well.
Then there’s the AntennaMastsRus antenna. It works well as a stock replacement, is available in a large variety of colors and shapes. The model we’ve chosen is made of aluminum and comes in a nice metallic finish as well. But if you’re after more style, and have a stylish car like the MINI, the Cravenspeed antenna deserves your time and money. It’s made for the MINI, replaces the standard antenna, looks good, is built well, and can be screwed on to the standard antenna slot. The bullet-shaped Ronin Factory antenna deserves a special mention. It’s going to be polarizing because of its shape, but if style is all that matters to you, this could be the antenna for your vehicle. It replicates the looks of a real bullet and is compatible with both Ford and Dodge Ram trucks.
Off Road GPS
Spray in Bedliner
Aftermarket Car Antenna
Brake Pads for Towing
Sheepskin Seat Covers
Neoprene Seat Covers
Retractable Bed Cover
Wheel Paint for Aluminum
Manual Tire Changer
Battery for Diesel Truck
Hidden Car Radio Antenna
Subwoofer for Single Cab Truck
Do It Yourself Bed Liner
Replacement Headlight Bulbs
Why You Need a CB Antenna in Your Truck