- The 5 Best Neoprene Seat Covers:
- Neoprene Seat Covers Comparison:
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- Neoprene Seat Covers List:
- 1. Rough Country 91000 Black Neoprene Seat Cover (Front/Rear) for 97-02 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4WD – the best Neoprene seat cover
- 2. Orvis Grip-Tight Windowed Hammock Seat Protector/Large
- 3. Smittybilt 471701 Neoprene Seat Cover Set
- 4. Coverking Custom Fit Front 50/50 High Back Bucket Seat Cover for Select Chevrolet Corvette Models – Neoprene (Red with Black Sides)
- 5. Rugged Ridge 13235.20 Black Neoprene Front Seat Protector Vest for 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK and JL Models – Pair
Neoprene rubber, also known as polychloroprene, was invented by scientists working for the DuPont company in 1931. Neoprene is made through the polymerization of chloroprene, and this end product is highly resistant to degradation that all other synthetics and natural rubber.
The 5 Best Neoprene Seat Covers:
- Rough Country 91000 Black Neoprene Seat Cover (Front/Rear) for 97-02 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4WD – the best Neoprene seat cover
- Orvis Grip-Tight Windowed Hammock Seat Protector/Large
- Smittybilt 471701 Neoprene Seat Cover Set
- Coverking Custom Fit Front 50/50 High Back Bucket Seat Cover for Select Chevrolet Corvette Models – Neoprene (Red with Black Sides)
- Rugged Ridge 13235.20 Black Neoprene Front Seat Protector Vest for 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK and JL Models – Pair
Neoprene Seat Covers Comparison:
|Product name||Photo||Feature||Pros||More information|
|1. Rough Country 91000 Black Neoprene||4-Layer construction including foam padding with a protective polyester shell||More Information|
|2. Orvis Grip-Tight Windowed||A better airflow mesh panel provides a viewing window for your dog||More Information|
|3. Smittybilt 471701 Neoprene||Fits 2008 to 2012 JK Wrangler Unlimited and Rubicon Unlimited, and 4-door models||More Information|
|4. Coverking Custom Fit Front 50/50 High Back Bucket Seat Cover||Best protection against dirt, moisture, spills, pets, and kids||More Information|
|5. Rugged Ridge 13235.20 Black Neoprene Front Seat||Waterproof Neoprene construction||More Information|
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
We strive to always give you genuine, accurate information. To do this, all of mechanicguides.com reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience. This knowledge comes from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple who has 11 years of experience in the auto industry. For more information, see here.
Neoprene’s properties make it exceptional for marine uses, since it is chemical, oil, ozone and heat resistant. It is also an excellent elastic to metal bonding performance, making it perfect for multiple applications including the automotive industry.
Neoprene is a thick material, so it does not breathe, as such it’s a perfect waterproofing solution and is what this product is found in many winter clothing products as well as being the only material of choice for diving suits.
Since its such a great material to use, the automotive industry adopted Neoprene for many upholstery applications, and here are some of the best Neoprene seat covers and pet applications you will find on the market.
Neoprene Seat Covers List:
1. Rough Country 91000 Black Neoprene Seat Cover (Front/Rear) for 97-02 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4WD – the best Neoprene seat cover
- 4 Layer Construction w/ Neoprene, Foam Padding, and Protective Polyester Shell
- Neoprene offers great breathability, water resistance, and UV Resistance
- Easy at Home Installation
- Made to factory specifications including Headrest where applicable
- Backed by Rough Country's 1 Year
Rough Country 91000 is a black neoprene seat cover for Jeep Wranglers and is a perfect waterproof solution as well as a dirt-resistant product that will keep both these covers and your original seat upholstery clean.
Since it is neoprene, it is waterproof. The covers will fit over your vehicle’s seats like gloves to a hand, they are made to fit perfectly. The 4 layers are designed to perform specific tasks, and these include the thick foam padding that adds comfort to your ride, and the outer neoprene layer is waterproof, so any drink spillage or mud will just wipe away.
The kit comes with a full set for the front and rear; this includes front seat covers, rear bench covers, and four full headrest covers. Fitment: 1997-2002, 4WD/2WD, Jeep, Wrangler TJ.
You do not need any tools to install the covers, they just slip over the seats, and you fasten them with the built-in straps.
When it comes to pets, for both comfort and cleanliness nothing beats neoprene in any form. The Orvis pet hammock is not actually a seat cover as much as it covers the seating area, providing your pet with an in-vehicle hammock. Once the pet is in the hammock, it won’t be able to retread all over the seats, and this is especially good for rainy and muddy days.
The hammock slips over the headrests frame and secures your pet in a higher location; this makes it better for you to see them, as well as provides them with a better view of the outside. The mesh provides both a better cooling air flow as well as a window for your pet to view from.
The neoprene comes in the form of a quilted microfiber that is both water resistant as well as easy to clean after every use. There are two sizes to choose from: Large 66″L x 51″W. and X-Large 66″L x 62″W
- Fits 2008 to 2012 jeep wrangler JK 4-door; black/black; 100 percent neoprene; center section is padded and pleated for comfort; slip on installation - no tools required; complete set - includes front and rear covers
- Country of Origin: CHINA
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
- Package Weight: 12.1 pounds
The Smittybilt Jeep seat covers #471701 is made of 100% neoprene; this means you get the perfection of the performance of high-quality marine-grade materials with a design fitment for extra comfort. The design includes a slip-on installation with a padded center section. The front covers come with a back-side map pocket.
Since these seat covers are 100% neoprene, they are easy to clean and strong to survive for years. They will protect your Jeeps original upholstery from fading and from any wear and tear or staining.
Fitment: 2013-2018, Jeep, JK Wrangler, Black Sides/Black Center
4. Coverking Custom Fit Front 50/50 High Back Bucket Seat Cover for Select Chevrolet Corvette Models – Neoprene (Red with Black Sides)
- The exact seat configuration is Front C3; 50/50 High Back Bucket; With Manual Driver Seat And Passenger Seat; Without Headrests
- Made from Neoprene fabric for insulation, soft touch, and comfort
- Neoprene seat covers are water-resistant and protect the seats from spills, stains, and damage
- Tailor-made to the exact specifications of your vehicles seats and protects your seats from spills, stains, and damage
- Stitching designed to emulate factory seat style and the high quality buckles and zippers enable for a secure fit
The Coverking Neoprene custom seat cover is made of extra thick Neoprene which provides a 100% waterproof solution. Since it is marine grade material, it also protects the seats of your car from wear, stains and UV rays.
This model comes with a special comfort design that features extra thick foam padding, and the design features airbag cutouts, map pockets and headrest, and armrest solutions.
The fabricated easy to install design features only two simple but effective layers, the base Neoprene layer that is fully waterproof and the external Neotex layer for comfort. This model comes in a number of colors and patterns, so you are not limited to just one design feature.
5. Rugged Ridge 13235.20 Black Neoprene Front Seat Protector Vest for 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK and JL Models – Pair
- Cushioned Center: Protect your seats from the elements, wet bathing suits, spills and pet hair with this seat protector vest set. Features a cushioned center portion that provides more comfort on long road trips and trails
- Fits Bucket Seats: These seat protectors fit all bucket Jeep seats, including replacements seats. Includes back pockets for rear storage and removable cup holders. Allows for use with or without side airbags
- Off-road Accessories: Get serious about off-roading with a variety of tow hooks, hitches and kits that give you a way out in sticky situations. We offer winches, recovery gear, tube doors, mirror kits and more accessories
- Rugged Ridge Jeep Parts: Count on Rugged Ridge to provide you with proven Jeep parts and accessories like bumpers, lift kits, wheels, interior accessories, floor liners and more for varying Jeep models
The Rugged Ridge 13235.20 is an all Neoprene jeep seat cover that comes in a streamlined black with extra foam padding. This extremely comfortable design slips over your seats in seconds and comes with additional features for extra performance.
These seat covers come with an amazing mesh array at the back of the front covers, which is great multiple and tactical for storage usage. The design of these covers is not conventional; they are more of a tactical seat cover than a standard comfort ride cover. As such, if you use your jeep for work, this is the best seat cover you could ask for.
Neoprene Cleaning Tips
Neoprene is waterproof and is used as a diving suit material, cleaning it is simple and easy.
There are two methods to select; hand washing and machine washing:
- Remove the seat covers from the vehicle
- Fill a bucket with water
- Use wetsuit shampoo
- Take a lint-free cloth and scrub the covers
- Rinse down with fresh water
- Use a towel to Towel-dry
- Hang them out to dry in the air
- Select cold and gentle wash.
- Add a mild detergent with no fabric softener
- Do not set for machine dry
- After the cycle is completely remove the covers and hand them out to dry in the air.
Off Road GPS
Spray in Bedliner
Aftermarket Car Antenna
Brake Pads for Towing
Sheepskin Seat Covers
Neoprene Seat Covers
Retractable Bed Cover
Wheel Paint for Aluminum
Manual Tire Changer
Battery for Diesel Truck
Hidden Car Radio Antenna
Subwoofer for Single Cab Truck
Do It Yourself Bed Liner
Replacement Headlight Bulbs