If you’re looking for the right set of replacement brake pads for your Ford F150 4×4, then there are some factors to consider. As one of the most important vehicle components, a lot is riding on the brakes of your vehicle so you want them to be fully reliable in case of an emergency. For everyday driving, you want them to be vibration-free, quiet, and strong enough to bring something as big as the F150 to a full stop. We’ve taken all of these factors into consideration for you. Here are some of the best ceramic brake pads and rotors for your Ford F150 4×4.
- The 5 Best Brake Pads for Ford F150 4×4:
- Our Recommendations
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
- Lightweight and durable: Power Stop Z23-2087, Z23 Evolution Sport carbon fiber brake pads – the best brake pads for ford f150 4×4
- Popular pick from a popular brand: Bosch BC1414 QuietCast Premium Ceramic brake pads
- Quiet performer: Wagner ThermoQuiet QC1414 Ceramic disc pad set
- Complete kit that’s a great value: Detroit Axle – Complete 4WD 6-LUG front and rear brake pads and rotors
- Specifically designed for Ford: Motorcraft BRSD-1414 brake pads
- What is the best brake pad for Ford F150 4×4?
The 5 Best Brake Pads for Ford F150 4×4:
- Power Stop Z23-2087, Z23 Evolution Sport carbon fiber brake pads – the best brake pads for ford f150 4×4
- Bosch BC1414 QuietCast Premium Ceramic brake pads
- Wagner ThermoQuiet QC1414 Ceramic disc pad set
- Detroit Axle – Complete 4WD 6-LUG front and rear brake pads and rotors
- Motorcraft BRSD-1414 brake pads
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
All the information and opinions you find on Mechanicguides.com come from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple with 11 years of auto industry experience. We look at the latest market research, talk to experts, and draw from our own practical experience to bring you reviews and guides that reflect what you’ll encounter in your garage. For more information about the team, see here.
Lightweight and durable: Power Stop Z23-2087, Z23 Evolution Sport carbon fiber brake pads – the best brake pads for ford f150 4×4
- Upgrade from Low dust Ceramic formula to Carbon-fiber ceramic, these brake pads are designed to maximize stopping power and keep those wheels clean
- The Carbon-fiber ceramic brake pad not only features thermal scorched pad surface for a fast break-in but chamfered slots for noise-free braking
- The Carbon-fiber brake pads are made with positive mold technology for consistent fade-free performance, just like OE
- Chamfered and slotted like the OE and to ensure noise-free braking, perfect for everyday drivers
- Z23 Carbon-fiber brake pad set includes brake grease and premium stainless steel hardware kit
What sets this option from Power Stop truly apart from the rest is the fact that these brake pads are made of carbon fiber ceramic, a superior material compared to conventional ceramic pads. Because of the material’s strength, the Evolution Sport brake pads are designed to withstand constant braking forces more efficiently than pretty much anything else you get in the market.
Made out of carbon fiber ceramic for extra resistance and durability
The Z23 Evolution Sport brake pads are made of carbon fiber with an OE-like appearance, although what’s handy is that it has a thermal scorched pad surface to help you break-in faster and chamfered slots to remove noise when you’re braking. The set includes carbon fiber ceramic brake grease and premium stainless steel hardware kit for easy installation. As for compatibility, it doesn’t matter if your F150 4×4 is built anytime in the last decade as these brake pads can be installed in 2010 to 2019 models. If you’re looking for a worthy upgrade, this offering from Power Stop is likely for you.
Why do we like it?
Besides addressing the primary factor that is braking power, these carbon fiber brake pads from Power Stop are known to reduce brake dust dramatically. Many users have reported a major reduction in dust build-up on the alloys which is a major concern for heavy vehicles.
- Most efficient at reducing brake dust
- Carbon fiber construction lends extra durability
- Cheaper alternatives available
Popular pick from a popular brand: Bosch BC1414 QuietCast Premium Ceramic brake pads
- Bosch dedicated engineering to platform specific premium materials, ensuring exceptional stopping power and quiet operation with low dust
- Quiet operation with rubber core multilayer shim provides increased strength and insulation against noise
- Advanced aerospace alloy used in patented copper free ceramic and semi-metallic friction formula is compliant with 2025 Copper Free legislation
- Protective transfer layer extends pad and rotor life
- Slots and chamfers for premium quality, fit, and function; hardware kit (where available) and synthetic lubricant included to perform a complete brake job
Here’s one from the brand that revolutionized mass motoring by introducing anti-lock braking technology (ABS) to production cars back in 1978. The BC1414 QuietCast brake pads from Bosch are made of high quality copper-free ceramic materials that claim to offer strong stopping power without making much noise. The pads also include a chemical formula that forms a protective layer on the rotor and the pad surface to extend the life of both the components.
OE-style rubber core shim
Bosch has gone to great lengths to advertise its rubber core shim technology which is a result of improved manufacturing techniques to create a shim that provides insulation against noise and is corrosion resistant. In fact, the multilayer shim (made up of steel and rubber) is something that’s widely used in the OE industry. The Bosch BC1414 QuietCast brake pads are compatible with Ford F150 4x4s from 2010 to 2017, however, they aren’t the easiest to install because of the difference in inner and outer pads, as pointed out by some of the users. If installed incorrectly, these aftermarket brake pads may cause premature wear to the rotors.
Why do we like it?
The Bosch BC1414 QuietCast Premium Ceramic brake pads have several features that make it a solid replacement option for your Ford F150 4×4. First, the multilayer core shim and the formulation of the pads itself provide a reliable coefficient of friction. Second, this design also helps in reducing noise and keeping the rotors clean.
- Top-quality construction
- Multilayer shim is corrosion resistant
- Not the easiest to install
Quiet performer: Wagner ThermoQuiet QC1414 Ceramic disc pad set
- QUIETER OPERATION -- Application-specific design and a unique laser-shaped friction spreads out heat, sound and vibration to reduce noise opportunities
- LONG LIFE -- Superior formulation design dissipates heat for long-lasting friction performance and reduced brake fade
- CLEANER WHEELS -- Proprietary formulation provides superior braking performance and reduced rotor wear, helping to cut down on brake dust
- ONE-PIECE DESIGN -- IMI technology integrates friction material, backing plate and insulator into the brake pad for select applications
- HARDWARE INCLUDED -- Premium stainless-steel hardware included for select applications
Wagner is another well-known brand when it comes to braking systems and their ThermoQuiet QC1414 Ceramic disc pad set offers controlled stopping power along with virtually silent operation. This is because of the unique ceramic construction which prevents the annoying squeaking noise that you may have experienced with other branded brake pads. The ThermoQuiet ceramic pads are proven to work, on average, about thirty five-percent quieter than the factory-installed brake pads.
Great for heat and dust dissipation
Wagner’s ThermoQuiet QC1414 ceramic brake pads are made of high quality and not that difficult to install. The only thing you’ll probably need to remember while installing them is that the caliper bracket bolts are torqued higher than what you would generally expect. It would then be more difficult to remove the bracket if you don’t have an impact wrench. These brake pads are the perfect fit for Ford F150 4x4s from 2010 to 2017 and great for heat and dust dissipation thanks to the same level of construction quality as factory pads.
Why do we like it?
As the name suggests, we would recommend Wagner’s ThermoQuiet brake pads if you are looking for particularly quiet braking performance. As we found out from several users online, these aftermarket options are not only good at reducing noise but also heat and dust dissipation between the pad surface and the rotors. They are also relatively easy to install compared to the other alternatives and there is less of a break-in phase, as well.
- Quiet operation
- Good value
- Impact wrench needed for installation
Complete kit that’s a great value: Detroit Axle – Complete 4WD 6-LUG front and rear brake pads and rotors
- Complete Front & Rear Brake kit with 10-Year Warranty - Premium Disc Brake Rotors, with Zinc Dichromate Plating (Rust Protection)
- Authenic 100% Ceramic Brake Pads (With 0% Metalic Composition) - Installation Hardware Included
- For - 2004-2008 Ford F-150 4WD - [2006-2008 Lincoln Mark LT 4WD]
- 10-Year Warranty
- Please check the compatibility and the view notes before purchasing the item, make sure it fits your vehicle
If you are looking to completely overhaul your old truck’s braking system then this is the one to go for. The Detroit Axle Complete 4WD 6-LUG front and rear brake pads and rotors set is claimed to offer strong and consistent braking at a great price. The set includes dual front disc rotors, dual rear disc rotors, ceramic brake pads front/rear, and 6-lug wheel holes.
Designed to deliver OE level of refinement and stopping power
With this complete set of rotors and brake pads, you’re bound to notice big improvements in the braking performance for your old F150 4×4. The rotors are zinc-plated to prevent rust and corrosion, and the brake pads itself are long-lasting and claimed to eliminate the need for the initial break-in period thanks to the precise layering and study construction. Detroit Axle says that this entire kit is compatible with older F150 4×4 models with 6-lugs, specifically from 2004 to 2008.
Why do we like it?
We would recommend this complete kit by Detroit Axle because it will easily improve the braking performance and account for a smoother ride compared to what you have going on at the moment. The brake pads are of high quality and the rotors, too, are somewhat superior to the factory components available at the time. The zinc dichromate plating (rust protection) is an added bonus when it comes to durability and long-term effectiveness.
- Great value for the whole kit
- Major improvements in braking guaranteed
- Not for heavy-duty usage
Specifically designed for Ford: Motorcraft BRSD-1414 brake pads
- Country of Origin: China
- Fits multiple makes and models (contact seller with your vehicle for fitment compatibility information)
- Part number: BRSD-1414
- Fit type: Vehicle Specific
The Motorcraft BRSD-1414 brake pads for the Ford F150 4×4 bridge the gap between affordable pricing and OE quality because they’re designed specifically for Ford and Lincoln vehicles. Both the pads and the shims are engineered to factory specifications and, of course, they come with the same level of quality as the stock F150 components.
Suitable for heavy lifting
According to Motorcraft, the BRSD-1414 brake pads are engineered specifically for vehicles that are frequently exposed to high-wear conditions. So if you’re into hauling, towing boats, or use your truck as a shuttle, these pads are likely to offer the superior braking force that you need on a daily basis. One great thing about these pads is the durability – owners have reportedly said that the braking power remains consistent over a long period which means this option is long-lasting. Made to fit on 2011- 2018 F150 4×4 models, these brake pads are easy to install as they come with their clips and other hardware required for the job.
Why do we like it?
Part of the reason these aftermarket brake pads work so well is the OE level of engineering Motorcraft has put into this product. Now because these match with the original design so closely, they are likely to last longer and function well with the F150 4×4. All in all, the OE design coupled with the multilayer shin and chamfers would ensure that these brake pads last for a long time while giving you the best stopping power in this price range.
- OE specifications
- Consistent braking power
- Expensive but worth the price
What is the best brake pad for Ford F150 4×4?
Choosing your next set of replacement brake pads can be a difficult task. To help you out, here’s a summary of our list of the best aftermarket ceramic brake pads. First up, it’s the carbon fiber brake pads from Power Stop, something you should definitely pick if you frequently push your truck to the extreme since they can handle enormously high temperatures with ease. If you want to play it safe and go with one of the biggest names in the business, Bosch’s high-quality QuietCast ceramic brake pads make for a solid replacement option. As you can tell in the name, the Wagner ThermoQuiet QC1414s are the quietest F150 brake pads and a perfect fit if your usage is restricted to driving in cities with all those stoplights. However, if you’re in the market to completely upgrade your brakes then Detroit Axle’s complete front and rear brake pads and rotors set is difficult to fault because of its price. Lastly, if you want your replacement pads to be of OE specifications and work precisely in that manner, then it’s the Motorcraft BRSD-1414 all the way.
Things to Consider When DIY Installing Brake Pads
Once you make up your mind on the replacement set of brake pads, here’s what you need to consider if you plan to install them yourself.
The replacement brake pads and rotors available online for the Ford F150 4×4 are made for a specific year. You’ll need to look for brake pads that specifically match the year your truck was manufactured because that’s the only way to ensure the right fit. Another thing to check before you get the set is to make sure that you look for the whole kit which will include the installation hardware. If the pads do not come with the hardware, you’ll need to buy the right hardware to install them correctly to the rotors. Also, make sure that you order the right set for the front and rear pads.
Break-in to gain optimum efficiency
You can’t expect the replacement brake pads to work at their best right out of the box. Squealing noises from the brakes will probably happen during the first few hundred miles of use as pads bed-in to a new or used rotor. The braking effect will be good and certainly safe, but it won’t be the best it can offer as the pads need to be bedded-in geometrically which could take a couple of hours of driving, even on new rotors. After that pads have to final cure chemically which can take anywhere between 500-1000 miles.
Mud Flaps For F150
F150 Seat Covers
Exhaust For 3.5 F150 Ecoboost
Tuner For F150 Ecoboost
Sounding Exhaust For F150 Ecoboost
Shocks For F350 Super Duty
Shocks For Ford F150 4X4
Leveling Kit For 2015 F150
Programmer For 4.6 F150
Tonneau Cover For F150
Cold Intake For F150 Ecoboost
Tuner For 5.0 F150
2021 Ford F150
Lift Kit For F250 Super Duty
Shocks For F150 2Wd
Battery For F150
Brake Pads For Ford F150 4X4
Replacement Shocks For Ford Ranger
Cam For 302 Ford Truck
F150 Leveling Kit
F150 FAQs – Commonly Asked Questions, Answered