- The 5 Best Screwdrivers for Mechanics:
- REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
What features should screwdrivers have? Of course, you expect them to be firm, comfortable and not to be rubbed away so soon. Actually, they also should be different sizes and shapes and fit in a compact set.
Well, I researched most of the popular kits, tried some of them and have discovered something really interesting for you. Below you may find Best screwdriver set review, where 5 common items are compared.
The 5 Best Screwdrivers for Mechanics:
- Klein Tools 85078 Cushion-Grip Screwdriver Set – the best screwdrivers for mechanics
- Wera 932/6 Kraftform Plus Screwdriver Set and Rack
- Craftsman Extreme Grip 6-piece Diamond Tip Screwdriver Set
- GearWrench 80066 20 Piece Master Dual Material Screwdriver Set
- Grace USA Screwdriver Set
REVIEWS YOU CAN TRUST
We strive to always give you genuine, accurate information. To do this, all of mechanicguides.com reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience. This knowledge comes from a team of automotive journalists and an independent mechanic, Steve “Whip” Whipple who has 11 years of experience in the auto industry. For more information, see here.
1. Klein Tools 85078 Cushion-Grip Screwdriver Set – the best screwdrivers for Mechanics
- These screwdrivers are a general-purpose selection of the most frequently used screwdriver tips and sizes
- Screwdriver Set with 8 Cushion-Grip Screwdrivers, 1/4-Inch (6.4 mm) , 5/16-Inch (7.9 mm) Keystone, 5/16-Inch (7.9 mm) and 3/16-Inch (4.8 mm) Cabinet Tip, #1, #2, #3 Phillips, #2 Phillips Stubby
- Tip-Ident quickly identifies the screwdriver type and tip orientation
- Premium chrome-plated for smooth feel and corrosion resistance and precision-machined tip for exact fit
- Made in USA
Who hasn’t heard about Klein? It’s like Ford or McDonalds. It’s classic. And if you are interested in tools that have strong reputations and have passed the test of time, these are the choices for you.
This compact set consists of the universal and widely used tools: 2 cabinet-tip, 2 keystone-tip and 4 Phillips-tip screwdrivers. There is also a plastic container, where you can keep the tools. Unfortunately, it is not very reliable.
Klein Screwdrivers are made for general purpose. They can fit both mechanics and average customers. All the tools have tips, processed by a special machine in order to be super precise. They are also covered with chrome – that’s why the screwdrivers are so smooth-feeling and corrosion-resistant. This product is supplied with tip identification, so you will be able to determine screwdriver type and tip orientation easily and quickly.
First of all I want to say, that this set satisfies ASME/ANSI requirements. But what is more important for users, it offers outstanding comfort because of the soft grip handle. And thanks to built-in flanges you can be sure of the anti-twist blade’s job.
- Heat-treated steel, clear size-marking
- No case supplied
- Aus Edelstahl
- Farbe: Mehrfarbig
- Integrierte Schlagkappe
- Energiequelle: Handbetrieben
- Features Slotted and Phillips drive tips with pound-thru blade and rack
This Wera model includes six screwdrivers: four slotted (9/64”, 5/32”, 7/32”, 9/32”) and two Phillips-like (Ph1, PH2). It comes with a high-quality stand so that you can place it somewhere in a garage without the necessity to waste time looking for a suitable size and tip.
Here you may find pound-thru blades for extra toughness and powerful torque. You can also forget about rolling and gliding – even if your palms are wet, hexagon feature would prevent this. As for handle, it combines hard materials to provide fast hand re-positioning and soft zones to increase grip.
Used to working with a screwdriver in one hand and with a hammer in another? No worries, these German-engineered super durable tools are able to resist blade and handle splintering, so you may struck with a hammer as heavily as you’d like to.
- Hex bolster integration, ergonomic design
- Screwdrivers themselves are not metric
- Slotted screwdriver sizes available in 3/16" x 3", 1/4" x 4", and 5/16" x 6"
- Phillips screwdriver sizes available in #1 x 3", #2 x 4", and #3 x 6"
- Diamond-coated tips
- Offers 4 times more gripping power than standard black oxide-finished tips
In the same time, the starting was a little bit faster and much easier than the competingAccording to the manufacturer’s description, the Craftsman Extreme Grip platform was designed to provide better fit and grip. And it seems to be true. When I was working with the screwdrivers, they demonstrated loosening and tightening. At the same time, the starting was a little bit faster and much easier than the completing.
The set comes in a double-blister packaging. And it is quite comfortable to keep them there. This Craftsmen series offers you six best brand screwdrivers for moderate use. The manufacturer decided to equip you with 3 slotted (3/16″ x 3″, 1/4″ x 4″ and 5/16″ x 6″) and 3 Phillips (#1 x 3″, #2 x 4″ and #3 x 6″) sizes.
The tips of these babies are covered with diamond, so you will love them at first sight. They look brilliant! Shanks here are marked by laser, and you can easily identify what tool would be best for what. Can be used for home, car, bike, furniture screws.
Unique coating provides great friction between screwdriver tip and fastener. Slippage and aids reduction is also guaranteed. As for the gripping rate, it is 4x more powerful in comparison with the standard screwdrivers.
- Dual materials, diamond-coated tips
- Philips models don’t show perfect result
- Ergonomic tri-lobe dual material handle provides the optimal balance of strength and efficiency
- “Speed Zone” handle design for faster rotation in low-torque applications
- Dual material handle offers a more comfortable grip and higher performance
- Non-Slip black oxide tip for more secure fit in fastener
- Nail and wire holder groove on jaws
It can be the best screw bit set for professional mechanics. This GearWrench series offers you different tips and blade sizes (from 60mm to 8 inches), quality-made handles and quite good case. Having this set you may resolve any issue where screwdriver is needed.
This master screwdriver set consists of 20 pieces. There are slotted, torx and Philips types, with cabinet tips and hex bolsters.
On the shanks you may find size marking engraved by laser.
The product comes in a plastic molded tray.
It seems that the engineers from GearWrench have focused on handles. These guys used innovative dual material and made them tri-lobe ergonomic (this feature makes usage both powerful and comfortable).
Each handle also has a so-called “speed zone” in order to provide fast turning in low torque ways with two or three fingers. As for the tips, they feature solvent and oil resistance.
As you have read above, these tools provide fast turning in low torque places. They also help to get an expanded access and improved contact with fasteners due to black oxide non-slip tips.
- Great holding up, case can be used as an organizer.
- Some handles are not big enough
- PRECISION FOR THE PERFECT FIT EVERY TIME: Each gun care screwdriver is custom hollow ground to fit scope screws, plug screws, guard screws, floor plate, sight screws, and many other gun screws with a tolerance of +/- .002.
- BLADES THAT ARE BUILT TO LAST: The square shanked blades are hardened to R/C 52-56 and constructed of USA 8650 Chromium-Vanadium steel alloy with a black oxide finish while backed by our Forever Guarantee not to twist or chip.
- A HANDLE YOU'LL ENJOY HOLDING: Our screwdriver handles are turned to our exact specifications using Maine hardwood, delivering a strong, non-slippery grip - even when your hands are oily. The handles are topped off with a nickel-plated steel ferrule.
- CRAFTED FOR MANY APPLICATIONS: While our screwdrivers were constructed as the ideal tool for gunsmithing, they also can be used for woodworking, industrial, military, mechanical and home care needs.
- A TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE SINCE 1941: Since being founded in 1941, every tool that has been produced by Grace USA has undergone a rigorous inspection process which helps ensure genuine QUALITY and PRECISION in every tool that you can TRUST.
GRACE USA 8 Pc Original Gun Care Screwdriver Set is known by most Americans as the best gunsmithing screwdriver set. Remember a box that your grandpa used to open when his rifle needed to be repaired? That’s it! But a bit more modern.
The set comes in a vinyl pouch. There you can find eight hollow ground, square shanked screwdrivers. According to the manufacturer description, they all are made from high-grade steel which is used for premium tools. And it feels exactly like that.
Each screwdriver has a shanked blade hardened to R/C 52-56 and Rockwell standard. This excludes any twisting or chipping. All the tools are made with quality wooden handles which are delivered from Maine hardwood and fit any hand.
GRACE USA provides a Forever Guarantee for this product. The sizes match all popular gun-smithing needs. They fit the gun slots properly and make turning easy. However, they can be also applied in some woodworking and Do It Yourself stuff. In a nutshell, the set provides quite comfortable and precise screwdriving.
In a nutshell, the set provides quite comfortable and precise screwdriving.
- High-quality oldschool wooden handles, non-bent tips
- Not heat-treated
I hope this review will be useful for many mechanic beginners and DIYers. You should always remember that high-quality and durable tools make your work precise, comfortable and pleasant.
Although all these sets are offered by well-known and respectful manufacturers, they can be applied within different areas of mechanics work. Also, you can pick the best cordless screwdriver and use it.
And that’s why each of them have some points that can confuse. So it is highly recommended to compare advantages and disadvantages and to determine where the screwdrivers will be used.
Garage Door Rollers
Tool Chest Under 1000
Garage Door Insulation Kit
Screwdrivers For Mechanics
Engine Oil Additive
Throttle Body Cleaner
Truck Tool Box
License Plate Screw Size
Automotive Paint Gun For Beginners
383 Stroker Kit
4L60E Rebuild Kit
110V Stick Welder
Pittsburgh Tools Review
Garage Floor Cleaner